anyone from Savannah Georgia ? How do u like it ?

Y

Reaction score
Anyone from near Savannah Georgia area ?
How do you like it ?
What do you like most about it ?
What do you dis-like about Savannah or nearby towns ?

Hey I know where Savannah GA is it's in the same region where I live but I havent been there in a while!

I live near there. It is nice and alots of things to do. It has 2 sides of Savannah. Old History Savannah and Just regular Savannah. You would like it. It is nice to go there. I go there almost 4 times a month, due to family visits, mall and friends living there.

Is Savannah that really old, quaint, antebellum town that has cypress trees with moss hanging down from their branches?

DeafGeorgiaLady said:
Yeah. That is the other side of Savannah.

Which did you mean Old Savannah town is at North or East side
of Savannah Correct ?

I haven't lived in Savannah but I have visited there. I love the historic and waterfront areas. The older historic areas have beautiful Victorian houses and small "parks" on almost every block. The climate there is similar to here, so be prepared for long hot summers and short mild winters.

Y said:
Which did you mean Old Savannah town is at North or East side
of Savannah Correct ?

I am not sure. I havent been there in YEARS. I have been downtown and old Savannah all my life, but that place where the old trees are? I dont know because the last time I saw it, I was a little girl. So it been years.

Reba said:
I haven't lived in Savannah but I have visited there. I love the historic and waterfront areas. The older historic areas have beautiful Victorian houses and small "parks" on almost every block. The climate there is similar to here, so be prepared for long hot summers and short mild winters.

You are right. I love the history. Every time I drive by, I watch old houses being remodeled, rebuilt. It is so awesome. Savannah is my favorite place to go for shopping, seeing my family and friends. BUT traffic? TERRIBLE. ugh!

I wonder about these hurricanes hitting Savannah area ?

Hi Y,

Most of the time the hurricanes hit Florida towards the Carolinas but there is a possiblity Savannah could be hit directly instead of going right by as more and more hurricanes are becoming more powerful and more less predictable than in the past. I went through Savannah before. Nice city depends where you go.

Most people would not be able to even know where Savannah is on a map.

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/images/usa/georgia.jpg

Y said:
I wonder about these hurricanes hitting Savannah area ?

Dont worry about those. Just watch the weather channel and you will be fine. I been thru tornados and hurricanes. It is part of nature. You will be fine. Dont worry about it.

Heath said:
Hi Y,

Most of the time the hurricanes hit Florida towards the Carolinas but there is a possiblity Savannah could be hit directly instead of going right by as more and more hurricanes are becoming more powerful and more less predictable than in the past. I went through Savannah before. Nice city depends where you go.

Most people would not be able to even know where Savannah is on a map.

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/images/usa/georgia.jpg

Most ppl know Savannah. Thank you.

DeafGeorgiaLady said:
Most ppl know Savannah. Thank you.

Most people think it is either in Alabama or even Mississippi !!! When I ask where the name of a particular city in the South is and have them point to where it is with no name of the cities on the map or even the names of the states, just show a blank 50 states map then see what happens.

Try doing this for yourself and see if they get it right or wrong. You will be surprised !!!

DeafGeorgiaLady said:
Dont worry about those. Just watch the weather channel and you will be fine. I been thru tornados and hurricanes. It is part of nature. You will be fine. Dont worry about it.

Yes and you still have to take that into account.

I am not telling her to not visit. I would encourage her to visit all the 13 Southern states.

I am just being realistic and I have been through tornadoes and hurricanes before too.

One of these days Savannah might get a direct hit by a powerful hurricane.

I am not saying it will happen but in these times it is good to be realistic and have a good emergency supplies and first aid kit.

Just in case and go on having fun on a vacation.

Heath said:
Most people think it is either in Alabama or even Mississippi !!! When I ask where the name of a particular city in the South is and have them point to where it is with no name of the cities on the map or even the names of the states, just show a blank 50 states map then see what happens.

Try doing this for yourself and see if they get it right or wrong. You will be surprised !!!

Do yourself a favor. DO NOT YELL AT ME. Thank you. :) This is Y's thread and there is no need to bash me. okay. Peace.

Heath said:
Yes and you still have to take that into account.

I am not telling her to not visit. I would encourage her to visit all the 13 Southern states.

I am just being realistic and I have been through tornadoes and hurricanes before too.

One of these days Savannah might get a direct hit by a powerful hurricane.

I am not saying it will happen but in these times it is good to be realistic and have a good emergency supplies and first aid kit.

Just in case and go on having fun on a vacation.

By the way, Savannah was hit by a powerful hurricane and in fact I was one of the small towns that was hit by the very same one that hit Savannah. Savannah havent been hit by a hurricane in a long time and it is still beautiful no matter what happens.

DeafGeorgiaLady said:
Do yourself a favor. DO NOT YELL AT ME. Thank you. :) This is Y's thread and there is no need to bash me. okay. Peace.

I am not yelling, I am more of saying an exclaimation point with an expression, one that of shock when they point to the map. I think Y will handle it herself. I am just saying what I am saying.

DeafGeorgiaLady said:
By the way, Savannah was hit by a powerful hurricane and in fact I was one of the small towns that was hit by the very same one that hit Savannah. Savannah havent been hit by a hurricane in a long time and it is still beautiful no matter what happens.

Which hurricane was it in Savannah at that time ?

I was born in Houston , TX and I was there for the August 18, 1983 Hurricane Alicia, a Category 3 storm.

Yes, Savannah is a beautiful city with good weather just like Houston is sunny and warm year round, in the summertime very hot and humid but stay cool drinking alots of water and going swimming alots. :) :thumb:

Back