Anyone else here make their own wine/beer?

read up this thread...
wouldn't mind a dog like this later on (after world trip ofc)

I've always thought it would be interesting to see how people enjoy careers as wine tasters. I guess wine is something that is acquired taste.

I've always thought it would be interesting to see how people enjoy careers as wine tasters. I guess wine is something that is acquired taste.

I think that might depend on the wine. I know when I first tried some wine it was a mead, honey wine, and it was delicious. The next time I tried some wine it was a red merlot and I thought that was the nastiest stuff I'd ever put in my mouth. Tasted like it had been soaking in a barrel full of acorns. I have found I prefer wines made with pretty much anything but grapes. LOL Mead, Blackberry and Pomegranate wines are my favourites so far.

a bit of off topic... would moonshine be on the list to make? I know it was easy to make for some people. I wouldn't take moonshine to drink... :lol:

a bit of off topic... would moonshine be on the list to make? I know it was easy to make for some people. I wouldn't take moonshine to drink... :lol:

Sure! I haven't made any as of yet, although I am collecting recipes and so on. Right now I am sticking with making wine as I am just learning the art of brewing. So far I have found that keeping it simple works the best. :D

Actually, I have tried moonshine...real old fashion 'white lighting'...some of the smoothest stuff I ever had. I don't tend to do hard liquor though...I like my liver. LOL:laugh2:

me too, as i have slowed down for this reason..even though i have a few whiskies, only 2 bottles are opened at any one time - on contrasts like one might be smoky and another be fruitier, or such wise.

me too, as i have slowed down for this reason..even though i have a few whiskies, only 2 bottles are opened at any one time - on contrasts like one might be smoky and another be fruitier, or such wise.

Even if I liked whiskey, I couldn't drink it...the store bought stuff anyway. Most of it is on the list of things us gluten intolerant folks should not have.

So, I stick to learning how to make good wine. I'm getting pretty good at it. I am hoping that my pumpkin wine turns out really well for next year. It'll make for an excellent Samhain celebration if it does. :naughty:

pumpkin wine, wow shit...unreal , now how about carrot wine lol ...jk...i had ginger wine before, not bad...its an old fashioned thingy, they selling making and selling to those ol fashioned weird people...well old fashioned loyalists...whatever whoever this be??

no dont think about carrot wine...too radioactive lol

pumpkin wine, wow shit...unreal , now how about carrot wine lol ...jk...i had ginger wine before, not bad...its an old fashioned thingy, they selling making and selling to those ol fashioned weird people...well old fashioned loyalists...whatever whoever this be??

no dont think about carrot wine...too radioactive lol

Radioactive carrots?:shock:

Yep, pumpkin wine...and from what I understand if done right it tastes like liquid pumpkin pie. Sounds pretty tasty to me.:D

Hmmm...think I'm going to look for a ginger wine recipe. ;)

Last edited:
Radioactive carrots?:shock:

Yep, pumpkin wine...and from what I understand if done right it tastes like liquid pumpkin pie. Sounds pretty tasty to me.:D

Hmmm...think I'm going to look for a ginger wine recipe. ;)

interesting pumpkin wine :naughty: you make on expert on liquid cool :) that is fun you jumpy exciting!

Friend makes her own Bourbon and sells it for $20 for a 2 liter bottle...Heard that she sold it to the neighborhood...:giggle:...and it was "good stuff"....

read up this thread...
wouldn't mind a dog like this later on (after world trip ofc)

when do you do world trip grum....can be done cheap and easy if do research i did my world trip with back pack three changes of clothes 7pair knickers but they optional

whisky i thought needed a still and potatos rr..I like whisky do your friends whisky taste ok

when do you do world trip grum....can be done cheap and easy if do research i did my world trip with back pack three changes of clothes 7pair knickers but they optional

whisky i thought needed a still and potatos rr..I like whisky do your friends whisky taste ok

Waaallll. Caz...:giggle:...I did taste it with some Coke...too strong...tried it with some 7UP and it tasted pretty good....I don't drink basically...but just to be "nice" I tried it...:P

I am looking forward also to when Pomegranates come into season...they make a delicious wine.

Back