Anyone Else Feel Like They Have Asperger Syndrome?

One can also get an MA in psychology on line. You can't use the fact that an Nd degree can be gotten to critisize that field if a degree can also be obtained online for the Mental Health field.

don't count on having a prospective future with that online degree.

don't count on having a prospective future with that online degree.

Exactly. It won't get you into a PhD program, and a PhD is required to practice clinical psychology. Nor will it give you the requirements to sit for an LPC or an LPCC. Again, as I explained before, there are numerous sub-fields in psychology. Clinical psychology and counseling psychology are the only 2 that qualify you to diagnose and treat mental disorders. And that is only at the PhD level.

Frankly, I wouldn't trust anyone with an online psych degree anymore than I would trust a naturopath with an online degree. They are nothing more than diploma mills.

But naturopathy uses hypnosis. Kind of hyprocritical to criticize a licensed, clinical psychologist for using a technique that you don't critcize a lesser trained naturopath for using, now isn't it?

And, you are not in the field of mental health care, have never been in the field of mental health care, and have no training or education in mental health care, so to say that your criticisms were your opinion and the opinions of others in the field is again misleading. There can be no others, as you do not belong in that category. And because you don't your interpretation of what you are postoing is quite often, different than what you believe it is. I have already pointed out on more than one post where you were in error and your link actually supported my points.

I picked posts that were likely to be leaning towards your view point and for you to ignor the points in them that agree with my viewpoint is hypocritcal. I chose them because when I chose links that agreed with me you called them propaganda. And I have stated that I would never refer anyone to an ND, or an MD, or anyone else that uses hypnotherapy. The individual healer chooses what treatment modalities they use no matter what field they are in. To say its hypocritical because some fool thinks they can use such a foolish treatment while others don't use it because they don't believe in it is simply you trying to pull something out of your hat where there is nothing. I do not have the degrees in this field to make me an expert this is true. But you having the degrees doesn't make you correct.

And there are researchers, "experts" in the field of memory, (Susan Clancy is one) who do not believe in the validity of hypnotherapy in areas of memory recovery. If it is accepted as valid by practicioners in one field where it has been proven by research to be invalid, then one must question its validity in other areas.

I picked posts that were likely to be leaning towards your view point and for you to ignor the points in them that agree with my viewpoint is hypocritcal. I chose them because when I chose links that agreed with me you called them propaganda. And I have stated that I would never refer anyone to an ND, or an MD, or anyone else that uses hypnotherapy. The individual healer chooses what treatment modalities they use no matter what field they are in. To say its hypocritical because some fool thinks they can use such a foolish treatment while others don't use it because they don't believe in it is simply you trying to pull something out of your hat where there is nothing. I do not have the degrees in this field to make me an expert this is true. But you having the degrees doesn't make you correct.

And there are researchers, "experts" in the field of memory, (Susan Clancy is one) who do not believe in the validity of hypnotherapy in areas of memory recovery. If it is accepted as valid by practicioners in one field where it has been proven by research to be invalid, then one must question its validity in other areas.

I understand but I'm sorry if you feel criticized but you should expect that. This is what happens if you're unlicensed and have a degree from non-accredited/online university. sorry but it's life.

Exactly. It won't get you into a PhD program, and a PhD is required to practice clinical psychology. Nor will it give you the requirements to sit for an LPC or an LPCC. Again, as I explained before, there are numerous sub-fields in psychology. Clinical psychology and counseling psychology are the only 2 that qualify you to diagnose and treat mental disorders. And that is only at the PhD level.

Frankly, I wouldn't trust anyone with an online psych degree anymore than I would trust a naturopath with an online degree. They are nothing more than diploma mills.

Again, I posted that link because it listed course content and because Jillio said there were no programs like that. My degree is from an accredited community college working in conjunction with the University Of Anchorage Alaska. Jillio are you really reading my posts or just making assumptions?

Again, I posted that link because it listed course content and because Jillio said there were no programs like that. My degree is from an accredited community college working in conjunction with the University Of Anchorage Alaska. Jillio are you really reading my posts or just making assumptions?

No, dear, I'm reading your posts. And if anyone here is making assumptions, it is you. You are assuming that all practitioners who use hypnotherapy are unethical, that all hypnotherapy techniques are, as you put it, "hooey", and you truly have no understanding of hypnotherapy at all. To assume that it is used for memory recovery only shows, once again, your gap in knowledge. You criticised CBT earlier, and when asked to elaborate on the theory and techniques, have yet to come up with an answer.

This whole conversation began because you saw fir to contradict something I had stated that can be validated with current knowledge and research regarding mental health. Then it went on for you to state that mental health practitioners only made symptoms of mental illness worse, then described several situations about which you had made assumptions where it was shown that your assumptions were totally in error.

You have already had many of your assumptions corrected, not just by me, but by other posters, as well. If you don't want to be corrected when you provide innaccurate information regarding a topic such as mental illness, then I suggest you get your information correct before you post it. As for me, I will not allow the members of this board to be fed innaccurracies that could very well endanger their lives or the lives of their loved ones. I refuse to allow it because I am accountable, I do have professional standards, and I do have ethical guidelines by which I abide.

And I stated exactly what was wrong with the course content and why it in no way gave you the knowledge necessary to make the assumptions you were making. You have no clinical course of study ot clinical training. Period.

Jillio, what is the phobia that is fear of hypnotherapy called?

I understand but I'm sorry if you feel criticized but you should expect that. This is what happens if you're unlicensed and have a degree from non-accredited/online university. sorry but it's life.

Again, My degree is NOT online. I actually attended classes riding the bus in Anchorage Alaska during sub zero weather. I even remember my ASL instructors name. "Clyde Vincent" who now works in Washington I believe. The online degree was simply posted to give an idea of course content till I could find my transcripts. OK just so Jillio can't make vague statements implying my degree was gotten at a diploma mill here are the actual courses I took. I will only include psych and philos courses as the philos courses were required for this degree

A111 General Psychology
A201 Intro to Philosophy
A102 Intro to Psychology
A237 Games People Play
A244 Early Childhood Development
A210 Philosophy of Love
A101 Intro to Sociology
A150 Human Development
A169 Human Sexuality
A223 Begining Helping Skills
A153 Human Relations
A246 Psychology of Adolescence
Also required for this degree at this college
A111 Human Anatomy and Physiology

Again, My degree is NOT online. I actually attended classes riding the bus in Anchorage Alaska during sub zero weather. I even remember my ASL instructors name. "Clyde Vincent" who now works in Washington I believe. The online degree was simply posted to give an idea of course content till I could find my transcripts. OK just so Jillio can't make vague statements implying my degree was gotten at a diploma mill here are the actual courses I took. I will only include psych and philos courses as the philos courses were required for this degree

A111 General Psychology
A201 Intro to Philosophy
A102 Intro to Psychology
A237 Games People Play
A210 Philosophy of Love
A101 Intro to Sociology
A150 Human Development
A169 Human Sexuality
A153 Human Relations

The short bus?

A111 General Psychology
A201 Intro to Philosophy
A102 Intro to Psychology
A237 Games People Play
A210 Philosophy of Love
A101 Intro to Sociology
A150 Human Development
A169 Human Sexuality
A153 Human Relations

Again, nothing above a 200 level course, and nothing in the field of clinical psychology. You are totally unqualified to second guess any diagnosis, or any treatment decision.

Actually, Bott, the fear of hypnosis is called "hypnophobia". That term can also be applied to a fear of falling asleep.

Thanks, and if I am correct, both related to a fear of not being in control?

I haven't found your posts to be critical. You ask questions and you ask for clarifications. Jillio on the other hand uses sarchasm, to try and sidetrack or humiliate people. I have found her to be pushy and abrubt and even hostile, attacking others until they move out or the way or accept her view of the world. While she finds it difficult to believe that I have the education I have, I find it difficult to beleive that someone with her communcation style could be in a field that requires empathy and understanding.

A111 General Psychology
A201 Intro to Philosophy
A102 Intro to Psychology
A237 Games People Play
A210 Philosophy of Love
A101 Intro to Sociology
A150 Human Development
A169 Human Sexuality
A153 Human Relations

undergraduate courses? you gotta be kidding me.

I haven't found your posts to be critical. You ask questions and you ask for clarifications. Jillio on the other hand uses sarchasm, to try and sidetrack or humiliate people. I have found her to be pushy and abrubt and even hostile, attacking others until they move out or the way or accept her view of the world. While she finds it difficult to believe that I have the education I have, I find it difficult to beleive that someone with her communcation style could be in a field that requires empathy and understanding.

Sometimes her field actually requires to talk tough and prevail with good sense over a mixed up client.

undergraduate courses? you gotta be kidding me.

Again, Like Jillio says, you have make a start. But I dare say I am much older than Jillio and my complaints about various so called treatments are based on the harm I have seen them do to others, not my education.

The short bus to no where, because this list of courses qualifies you to do absolutely nothing, except start learning.

All negative statements, perhaps a more positive approach would be helpful, like
"You know this is an excellent beginning in course work, a good starting place for future course work."

I see no indication from all of the posts I've read by you that you know how to do anything constructive in your relationships. Except when others agree with you then your all sweetness. And I'm not talking about this subject only. You were obnoxious in your CI posts as well. And I even agreed with your positions there. You don't seem to be a very happy person and you appear to have a huge, huge chip on your shoulder.

Back