Any one got a Vpad (Viable) ?

Viable dont have personal 800 number but its toll-free as customer do not need to pay anything for the number.
No, it is NOT toll-free. "Toll free" refers to 800, 888, 877, and 866 ONLY. Toll free is a phone company term not a VRS term. diehardbiker was right in his/her description. Just because VRS users do not pay does NOT mean the number is "toll free" unless it is one of those area codes I already mentioned.

Personally, I don't think any VRS user should have a toll-free number. Hearing people don't get them, why should deaf people get them? I want a number that is EXACTLY the same as everyone else's. My 202 number is that. If a hearing person wants a toll-free number they have to PAY the phone company for it so people can call them toll-free. (My parents did this the first time I was in college many years ago.) Why should a deaf person have a toll-free number given to them by the VRS company? Also, I don't think you can port a toll-free number to another carrier. It belongs to the VRS provider you got it from. You can only port a regular number, NON toll free. Any other number doesn't belong to you, it belongs to the company who pays for it!

ONLY 800, 888, 877, 866 IS TOLL FREE.

Nope, sadly mine did not work. If there was something that I added in VV, I could not do ANYTHING with that listing on the VPAD. I could not add a number, delete the listing, nothing. However I just went into VV and deleted those contacts, and now they are gone on the VPAD. So I will only use the VPAD from now on, but I wanted to let you know that you were incorrect. There was a bug in the system, on my VPAD I couldn't edit contacts that were froM VV.

You are correct about the bug part.

The only way you can do is create new one then add digital number instead of Viable username.

If you put username first then add Digital number, it won't work because it will just show plain

If you add only create new one and 10 digit numbers, it will appear and then you can add Viable username.

It just bug for that moment, hope that resolve to you for temporary

The other day, I configured my router and the VPAD. Now, I am able to accept incoming calls.

But now, I seem to be having trouble trying to make outgoing calls. It just keep "calling" instead of ringing and so far, it has told me the recipient is offline or that it doesn't exist. I fix one thing, another problem show up.

So... any tips?

Oh yeah, there's also an icon at the bottom of the screen. It seems to be a gray circle with a phone in it. There is a red exclamation mark in it. I'm guessing it's a way of telling me there is a problem.

Make sure you disable "Use outgoing gateway" on the settings page

I did... its already unselect....When i test it with wired it and its working flawless!! only problem is wireless! whatever hehe.. i ll figure it out with my friends..
tahnks!

ohhhh yesss

of course :) Wireless will get a different ip address, therefore you need to setup ports on the router for that to work...

When you setup your router for wired it will be linked to your wired ip address, if you use wifi then you will most likely get a different ip...

BTW on the contact list issue... this is really a limitation on VV , right now a work around for this is being worked on... so it should be out soon...

No, it is NOT toll-free. "Toll free" refers to 800, 888, 877, and 866 ONLY. Toll free is a phone company term not a VRS term. diehardbiker was right in his/her description. Just because VRS users do not pay does NOT mean the number is "toll free" unless it is one of those area codes I already mentioned.

Personally, I don't think any VRS user should have a toll-free number. Hearing people don't get them, why should deaf people get them? I want a number that is EXACTLY the same as everyone else's. My 202 number is that. If a hearing person wants a toll-free number they have to PAY the phone company for it so people can call them toll-free. (My parents did this the first time I was in college many years ago.) Why should a deaf person have a toll-free number given to them by the VRS company? Also, I don't think you can port a toll-free number to another carrier. It belongs to the VRS provider you got it from. You can only port a regular number, NON toll free. Any other number doesn't belong to you, it belongs to the company who pays for it!

ONLY 800, 888, 877, 866 IS TOLL FREE.

VRS has contracts with Phone company's 10-digits database. They purchase phone numbers even if they are 800 or local number.

Viable covers all fees on all of their 10-digits. Its free on customer side. On other side viable take care of all expenses.

Phone is a phone number... Viable paid for them and assign them to you. They take care of all expenses. To you it is toll-free because Viable VRS take care of the expenses for you. So its is a Toll-free # for you to use. No charges on incoming calls on other side. VRS take care both charges.

yeahh..

not quite...

The pure definition of TOLL FREE talks about the caller not paying anything.

Let's say B has a tollfree number...

If A calls B , then A pays NOTHING for the call. (In theory B is the one paying for the call, but in VRS world is the vrs co that pays for it)

If A_OUT_OF_STATE calls VIABLENUMBER

Then A will pay LD charges. VIABLENUMBER owner pays nothing.

ref. Toll-free telephone number - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Back