Any one got a Vpad (Viable) ?

I use the DMZ with my VPAD+ and it works great. We don't need the DMZ for anything else. I just hope the VPAD+ cannot be easily hacked.

I switched over from CSDVRS Z to VPAD because I want to keep my Sorenson VP200 on my network for business purpose... I managed to have two VPAD in home with VP200. It works like charm... its matter of knowing the tricks how to control the IP address.

Hence to say... Using Public IP and Ports to Port Forward to.

VP 200 = 222.222.222.222:1720
VPAD+ #1 = 222.222.222.222:41000
VPAD+ #2 = 222.222.222.222:41001

You will be amazed how you can Point to specific VP in the house from outside. It will re direct to specific VP without need to know VSN, or 10 digits numbers. Also even can call each other without a problem.

I was amazed to learn that if you own 2 or more VPAD and sign in same VSN, someone dial your 10 digits, all of your vpad will ring the same time. I LOVE THIS FEATURE!!!!

Unfortunate... i cannot experiment on more vpad interactive in the house unless someone has old VPAD or VPAD+ that they want to get rid of... my requirement must be working VPAD+. Or its not worth my time to acquire them.

Only down fall - if I attempt to make call to any VP... it will display my VSN and IP address. Not my 10 digits. That one of issues being worked on for June 30th.

I don't mind that the contact list isn't ready. I am so excited about getting the vpad! I hope they contact me soon for installation.

Is there any problem with firewalls? They said you can use it anywhere so I guess you don't need to configure things?

Contact list is ready. Its not linked with Viable Vision WebCam. BUT if you feed contact list into your VPAD then log into other VPAD... its show the contact list without a problem. Only issue is Viable Vison webcam address book is not linked yet. They are working on that.

I have two VPAD+ and they work like charm with address book.

Contact list is ready. Its not linked with Viable Vision WebCam. BUT if you feed contact list into your VPAD then log into other VPAD... its show the contact list without a problem. Only issue is Viable Vison webcam address book is not linked yet. They are working on that.

I have two VPAD+ and they work like charm with address book.

Yeah, I finally figured this out! I noticed my entries from VV were there but no phone numbers with them. But I can add new entries on the VPAD and they are there. Only problem is I can't delete/change the old entries so I have some blank ones in my address book on VPAD. I haven't used VV since I got the VPAD, maybe I can delete the old ones that way. I will give it a try.

Wait for them calling me back for make an appointment. :)

I see somebody finally is talking right!

Of course I know it will work. Hope somebody learns about the secrets of how the Networking works.

I'm curious, do you pay for long distance if you use 10 digits?

Yeah, I finally figured this out! I noticed my entries from VV were there but no phone numbers with them. But I can add new entries on the VPAD and they are there. Only problem is I can't delete/change the old entries so I have some blank ones in my address book on VPAD. I haven't used VV since I got the VPAD, maybe I can delete the old ones that way. I will give it a try.

You can edit the contact list... even the blank one. There two "add" buttons. Top left Add is for new entry. But if you click on specific contact, there add, edit, delete, primary right below the picture and name.

Click on add or edit in the contact then you can manually add the contacts same as Viable Vision.

Just make sure you completely update the VPAD because its your primary contact address book. Dont follow Viable Vision.

I have simple question to make you understand..

You Start call though who? Telephone company? Or Internet company?

This should answer you question.

Second, Do Internet company bill you long distance calls?

The answer is obviously.

Now, for hearing person who wants to call a VP user though their 10 digit number, where did they start though? This is obviously answer.... its Telephone company and only Telephone companies bill toll charges.

I'm curious, do you pay for long distance if you use 10 digits?

This is very common confusion, and only three area codes are considered toll free

800, 866, and 877 are toll free. Any other numbers are NOT toll free.

And about billing, please read my previous post.

I can confirm that Viable's 10 digits are Toll-free!

I have simple question to make you understand..

You Start call though who? Telephone company? Or Internet company?

This should answer you question.

Second, Do Internet company bill you long distance calls?

The answer is obviously.

Now, for hearing person who wants to call a VP user though their 10 digit number, where did they start though? This is obviously answer.... its Telephone company and only Telephone companies bill toll charges.

The reason why I asked was because 10 digits are phone numbers. So they have to be using a telecom to get these phone numbers. I figured that there is a chance long distance charges would apply. But I live in Canada, so I'm not sure how that works if I was to do that here.

Understand what you mean, but in reality where do VP users get the 10 digit number? Is it really from telephone companies?

The answer is no, the VRS consumers obtain their 10 digit number though their VRS provider. So, it is pretty much like VRS companies are now a telephone companies and they do not send out bills so therefore there is no billing nor LD calls for VRS users.

This does not apply to Canada citizen, and I am not sure what Canadian government is up to at this time.

The reason why I asked was because 10 digits are phone numbers. So they have to be using a telecom to get these phone numbers. I figured that there is a chance long distance charges would apply. But I live in Canada, so I'm not sure how that works if I was to do that here.

This is very common confusion, and only three area codes are considered toll free

I spoke with Tech support - Its Toll free if you have Viable's 10 digits.

Toll Free of 800, 866, 877 do have cost... but business pay for both ends and encourage free to customer.

Basically VRS pay for the Toll Free services on the 10-digits. Not our cost to pay.

Here is clarification

The reason why Sorenson offer you two numbers, one is DirectVP PLUS Local Number

Why two numbers?

Of course SorensonVRS users do not pay anything for this service. They are free.

Deaf to Deaf, can use either number and there won't be any charge whatsover/

For Hearing person calling to SorensonVRS user, if they call them within Local number prefix, then there will only be a local charge for this hearing person, but IF hearing person calls this SorensonVRS user outside of Area code using their Local number then there will be a LD charges incur to this hearing person just like hearing to hearing. So, to avoid this charge, Sorenson offer DirectVP so that they (Hearing person) can call this SorensonVRS user without getting bill for Long distance calls.

Hope this clears up the confusion.

Last edited:
A Deaf person never pays to use 10 digits calling from VP to VP or VP to VRS.

A hearing person pays to use a deaf person's 10-digit number IF they are not in the same area.

For example, my hearing friend lives in New York, he calls me using my 202 Viable number, it connects with VRS. He pays long distance charges. If I call him through VRS, I don't pay any long distance charges.

800, 888, 877, 866 numbers are free for deaf and hearing users, whoever owns the number (regular business, VRS company, etc) pays for the calls.

Sounds like this should be another thread though since it's not about VPAD specifically anymore.

You can edit the contact list... even the blank one. There two "add" buttons. Top left Add is for new entry. But if you click on specific contact, there add, edit, delete, primary right below the picture and name.

Click on add or edit in the contact then you can manually add the contacts same as Viable Vision.

Just make sure you completely update the VPAD because its your primary contact address book. Dont follow Viable Vision.

Nope, sadly mine did not work. If there was something that I added in VV, I could not do ANYTHING with that listing on the VPAD. I could not add a number, delete the listing, nothing. However I just went into VV and deleted those contacts, and now they are gone on the VPAD. So I will only use the VPAD from now on, but I wanted to let you know that you were incorrect. There was a bug in the system, on my VPAD I couldn't edit contacts that were froM VV.

So far i enjoying my Vpad+.

I still have a little trouble with vpad and VP200... WHen i tried to calling to VP200 with modern 10 dig # and it would kept "calling". so i tried old one, 866 # and it works! WTF ? eheh ??

I already talked to tech support and they walked me thru with port forward issue.. it is now solved but still problem with modern 10 dig # VP 200...

Also i dislike that other person can see my IP address by Vpad, not 10 dig # Viable is aware of this...and told me that they re working on it.

YOMAN!

Here is clarification

The reason why Sorenson offer you two numbers, one is DirectVP PLUS Local Number

Why two numbers?

Of course SorensonVRS users do not pay anything for this service. They are free.

Deaf to Deaf, can use either number and there won't be any charge whatsover/

For Hearing person calling to SorensonVRS user, if they call them within Local number prefix, then there will only be a local charge for this hearing person, but IF hearing person calls this SorensonVRS user outside of Area code using their Local number then there will be a LD charges incur to this hearing person just like hearing to hearing. So, to avoid this charge, Sorenson offer DirectVP so that they (Hearing person) can call this SorensonVRS user without getting bill for Long distance calls.

Hope this clears up the confusion.

That what Sorenson offers.

That why I said only what Viable offer and dont know what others offers. Make sense?

CSDVRS has two numbers too. Personal 800 number and 10 digits. The personal 800 number points to the 10 digits as well.

Viable dont have personal 800 number but its toll-free as customer do not need to pay anything for the number.

I dont know about Purple and Snapvrs etc... Anyone can add to this list.

Back