any new HDTV with CC

rhr

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Do y9o hear new HDTV with CC with more large fonts in 2013 or 2014?

I like VideoLan, KMPlayer and SMPlayer had choose your own size and style but I don't like old HDTV are limit font and limit size

becuase HDTV is large wide than small CC like 4:3, I want CC on full 16:9

Do you know new HDTV ?

Hi Guys,

Do y9o hear new HDTV with CC with more large fonts in 2013 or 2014?

I like VideoLan, KMPlayer and SMPlayer had choose your own size and style but I don't like old HDTV are limit font and limit size

becuase HDTV is large wide than small CC like 4:3, I want CC on full 16:9

Do you know new HDTV ?
What source (input) do you use to watch? Cable, satellite or OTA (over the air)? After you answer that question, I may be able to help you.

HDTV with OTA have several font and 3 different size.

cable/satellite have their own limited font and size.

You need to go to store and play around with HDTV thru CC; all font and size are different, depend on model and size of display.

PowerOn,

I bought a Sony Google TV 24in back in 2011.

The closed captioning on said tv,when in over the air mode (OTA),is fully
customizable re: colors,sizes,and fonts. One can even get captions in cursive
writing,too.

It also has internet capability as well.

DVR but I don't like it, HDTV is big than DVR,
I use DVR swtich to 480i, only HDTV's CC not DVR's CC

if you know DVR had big size font?

What source (input) do you use to watch? Cable, satellite or OTA (over the air)? After you answer that question, I may be able to help you.

yes, I know but they are old... if some new HDTV more than old, old is only small, med, and large, I want small, med, large, large2 extra larage3, but lousy sevenal fonts syle, "handwrite", what for??? deaf people dont' like it, must perfect font style. I wish download many .TTF into USB or card memory (SD, FC, etc..) insert in HDTV like VLC many fonts

I hate at store because, if I go play HDTV over 1,000 model, shit.. too late.. pretty tired!.. .better who know and tell me, I find model! easy

HDTV with OTA have several font and 3 different size.

cable/satellite have their own limited font and size.

You need to go to store and play around with HDTV thru CC; all font and size are different, depend on model and size of display.

DVR but I don't like it, HDTV is big than DVR,
I use DVR swtich to 480i, only HDTV's CC not DVR's CC

if you know DVR had big size font?
OK, I have a FiOS DVR and it offers an option for TV Guide (or IMG = Interactive Media Guide for FiOS) to be displayed in HD (= 1080p = 16:9) or SD (= 480i = 4:3) mode.

I found out that if I set it in HD, CC would be stretched (wider), otherwise in SD mode, CC wouldn't be stretched which I prefer so I set IMG in SD mode. I asked my son why it works that way. He said that IMG or TV Guide is graphic and CC is graphic, too so that means while IMG is set in HD mode, CC is in HD mode as well.

Check if your DVR has that option for TV Guide to be displayed in HD or SD mode and if it does, set it in HD mode, you should be able to see CC displayed wider across your screen. It requires HDMI connection and 720p or 1080i or 1080p output.

As for font size, my DVR offers four options which are Auto, Standard, Large and Small. I selected Large which is best for me.

I will try to post pictures as an example later.

Hi gusy,

please stop about I not want talk about DVR, Setup boxetc..

I want talk about I want buy new HDTV with CC that i need I look big size and nice style fonts becuase my HDTV is old, lamp will be break soon

and I look I want lifespan over 100,000 hours

I hear rumor in alldeaf said blue-ray player and hdmi will be closed caption on 2014? true?

You might have more luck asking someone who is an expert in TV stuff. Like a worker at an electronics store.

I was under the impression that all TVs have been required to provide closed captioning since the early 1990's (but the actual broadcast of captions are up to the television channels) but I'm NOT AN EXPERT.

You might have more luck asking someone who is an expert in TV stuff. Like a worker at an electronics store.

I was under the impression that all TVs have been required to provide closed captioning since the early 1990's (but the actual broadcast of captions are up to the television channels) but I'm NOT AN EXPERT.
Hearing salespersons know alot about CC? :laugh2: VERY FEW of them do!

Hi gusy,

please stop about I not want talk about DVR, Setup boxetc..

I want talk about I want buy new HDTV with CC that i need I look big size and nice style fonts becuase my HDTV is old, lamp will be break soon

and I look I want lifespan over 100,000 hours

I hear rumor in alldeaf said blue-ray player and hdmi will be closed caption on 2014? true?
You want to know which HDTV has a biggest CC. That's a silly question. All HDTVs have same CC system. Bigger screen, bigger CC. Smaller screen, smaller CC. So you want bigger CC, buy bigger screen. Common sense!

I am usher's syndrome!

You want to know which HDTV has a biggest CC. That's a silly question. All HDTVs have same CC system. Bigger screen, bigger CC. Smaller screen, smaller CC. So you want bigger CC, buy bigger screen. Common sense!

I am usher's syndrome!
My friend has US, too. She has a 42" HDTV and it's about 6 ft from seating area. She has no complaint about CC. I made some adjustments of CC for her including IMG in SD mode and she likes yellow texts on black background best.

If you sit too far from HDTV, then you need a bigger screen that will naturally display bigger CC.

yes I sit to HDTV about 5-6 feet, HDTV is 47" but wall tunnel max 49-50, I cannot buy 49 to up put it becuae must 2-4 inch between border wall and HDTV to air out of hdtv. I use VideoLAN and DVD, I turn big fonts, my seat turn crawl like sleep, about 10 feet to HDTV, if no VideoLAN, my seat moved to close hdtv, sleep can't up near table stuck!.. but VideoLan is perfect for me.. VideoLan don't have tunerTV but Meida Center with Tuner TV, I donwload called "MC-TVConverter (.WTV to .MP4 / MPG) and run VideoLan work but, converter is long long wait..wait... bored!

My friend has US, too. She has a 42" HDTV and it's about 6 ft from seating area. She has no complaint about CC. I made some adjustments of CC for her including IMG in SD mode and she likes yellow texts on black background best.

If you sit too far from HDTV, then you need a bigger screen that will naturally display bigger CC.

wow, another Microsoft HDTV too..

fight Apple and Microsoft!

Back