Any good deaf stories?

Alofa

Reaction score
So here in this room there are always stories about that stupid jerk hearing person who was completely rude/ignorant. Ok, maybe not always. But I guess that just sort of makes me feel that no matter what there will always be a reason to dislike hearing people.

So does anyone have any good deaf stories? Whether it's deaf with hearing people or even just deaf with deaf people.

As for me I have a few good stories with deaf people.

Lol I was thinking that. But trying to decide which on first.

Most of the time I've spent with deaf people have been good.

There was one guy I met at church. I was able to get his name, but since I was still only just learning ASL I just sort of stuttered through asking for his name. He finger spelled so fast I had to ask him to slow down a bit. But once I got his name I found him on Facebook. We were able to talk then, and off of Facebook we went with a pen and paper (I know, totally cheating lol). But it was nice, and he ended up being one of my closest friends.

Another time, one of my friends had just gotten a cochlear implant. And a couple months later she was finally starting to enjoy music and she was asking me about all these bands that I had no clue about. It was sad... But my deaf friend knew more about music in that moment than I did in that moment lol

I do not know any deaf people ,my ex husband had a cousin that has a deaf daughter she was about 7 yo when I met her . She knew ASL and I only learn it in when I was living in Berkeley Calif. and I had to ask the girl to go slower for me . I was able to get a little of what she sign and it took forever for me sign my name and the girl was very patient with me. I only met the girl once it was at a funeral . I remembered a lot more ASL than I realize ,but that was so long ago and I have no one to use it with. So I have forgotten most of it by now which is a bummer.

I do not know any deaf people ,my ex husband had a cousin that has a deaf daughter she was about 7 yo when I met her . She knew ASL and I only learn it in when I was living in Berkeley Calif. and I had to ask the girl to go slower for me . I was able to get a little of what she sign and it took forever for me sign my name and the girl was very patient with me. I only met the girl once it was at a funeral . I remembered a lot more ASL than I realize ,but that was so long ago and I have no one to use it with. So I have forgotten most of it by now which is a bummer.

Yeah, I am starting to forget my ASL. Which is sad because I loved it. I need a practice buddy too... Hint hint... :P

Yeah, I am starting to forget my ASL. Which is sad because I loved it. I need a practice buddy too... Hint hint... :P

There is no way for that to happen . Have you try looking online and seeing if there are ASL classes you can take , then you could met someone to practice with.

There is no way for that to happen . Have you try looking online and seeing if there are ASL classes you can take , then you could met someone to practice with.

Yeah I have tried. I have flash cards, I've gone to classes, I've had apps. But there's a difference between learning something on your own and learning something with someone else. And I just can't really become a master on my own on this. I'm back in Montana, and I know no deaf people close enough to practice with. I do have plenty of deaf friends but I've met them traveling or they've moved away or they just weren't really open to teaching/helping me. I guess it's just something I will have to wait for.

Lately my hearing has gotten so bad, that I hate talking on the phone. My grandmother doesn't get that, so this happened...

My mom: Guess what you told your grandmother on the phone?
Me: *looking alarmed* What?
My mom: You told her you had so-and-so's address.
Me: Oh, thank God! I was afraid I told her I wasn't a virgin!

Back