Any gift idea for 100 year old?

jazzy

Reaction score
My husband's grandmother will be 100 in March and I have no idea what to get her birthday gift. Any idea? She does not need alot of stuffs.

only gift would be your hubby and your presence and love for his grandma.. that's all... I'm sure she would appreciate it very much...

Trust me, there is only one thing to give that will really be appreciated: your time.

Thank you for remind me about our being presence and love is all she really need. ;)

I agree, your time would be the very best gift....I'd bring her some of her favorite flowers too....maybe her favorite food/snack....

When my Great Aunt turned 103, all she wanted was a donation to any charity she believes in. For her, it was either her church, or the Teacher's Association. We pooled money from all the family all over the US and made a $2500 donation to her Teacher's Association and a $1500 donation to her local Baptist church where she was a member for 80 some years.

As stated before, at this age, the best gift you can give is your time. They also cherish handmade items such as shawls, scarves, maybe a framed photo of them with their family. My grandpa is 83 years old, every year we give him a can of cashews as this is his favorite snack. He does not like it if we spend more than $5-10 on him as he believes this is 'excessive'. He grew up in The Depression and I can understand why.

Her favorite snack, gift card to her favorite store, movie, something really simple. And of course your time and a lot of your love!

If she like to read and need to a larger print books you could buy her some.
Cook her a special meal and invited a close friend of her to enjoy it with her. My 93 years old mother loved seeing the few friends that were still alive.

gather a bunch of her old photos and create a scrapbook or something like that out of them?

I think the ideas already posted are wonderful..

ask her what she would like to do on this day-

share stories with her, let her lead-

let her know that she is valued and still has something to contribute-

if she and you are open to it, touch her - hold her hand, brush her hair, rub her arm-

I was thinking possibly to take her to have a spa day...a massage, manicure & pedicure? Hells I'd like that LOL

Aw that something..... It remind me my grandmother.

My mother and her sister and brother ...they all got together and they know she was to short time have something so what they did was write poetry about her i never forget look up her SMILE she was really happy to hear that she appreciated.

So why not a nice poetry about her it worth it to make her smile.

thank you for everyone. Many great ideas here and I love it. I went out shopping and looking for 100 year old card, no one carry them. I will make a birthday card and discuss some great ideas here with my hubby and my kids. Have a great day. Gotta to go to work. :)

thank you for everyone. Many great ideas here and I love it. I went out shopping and looking for 100 year old card, no one carry them. I will make a birthday card and discuss some great ideas here with my hubby and my kids. Have a great day. Gotta to go to work. :)
Not to be a wise guy, but the market for "Happy 100th Birthday" is not huge. :giggle:

Lol Yeah I was hoping to find one. I only found one card saying Happy 90th Birthday. Oh well. Thank but you made my day. :)

You should have gotten it, then write 91,92,93,94,95,96,97,98,99...and cross out all the numbers. Then write 100. :giggle:

Back