Any current/recent NTID students?

mikatehgr8t

Reaction score
I'm looking to go to NTID for a year or two to get around what I've been missing the last 16 years when I first lost my hearing. If I like it, I'd stay. If not, I'd transfer to a hearing college. I've always been excited about college but not the idea of sharing a room with someone...cause I hear stuff about roommates stabbing each other and kleptos o_O

So I'm stuck between 3 regular hearing colleges (where I most likely could get a single dorm) and NTID where single dorms are limited. :/

Can someone (and tell me your freshman year) describe to me the freshmen dorms for NTID? Any pics, videos (the only video I can find is a bat in the dorm -_-)? Not just the dorms but the bathrooms in the dorms as well? Are there even any single dorms in the freshmen buildings? I was told there's 2-3 people in a dorm and a bathroom that connects the dorm so the whole thing would be like 4-6 people o_O Like is there just one shower/toilet/sink in between those 4-6 people?

Glad you're looking into NTID.....I think you'll like it. The experiance is something that NO hearing college can offer at ALL!!!!!

I'm a graduate RIT and NTID, and former faculty of both NTID/RIT. There's a great programs there that offer all the tools you need and also allowed to smoothly transition into RIT programs. Now if you don't like the idea about how roommates stabbing each other and such. You can still use hearing dorm but the only problem (if I remember it correctly or have been updated) is that it doesn't have all the tools that deaf needs, like fire alarms and such. Deaf dorm have all the tools they needs. So, what's more important are the programs itself than just only because of backstabbing stuff. This is where you need to look at.

Back