Any attchment parenting family here?

Because I had a child with night terrors, I spent a lot of nights sleeping in her room. I was unable to breastfeed due to social issues here in this area and my job. Daughter had bad problems with colic and we finally got over that. Then we went through severe separation anxiety and people accused me of having a "momma's girl". When she was 2, we moved and that's when the night terrors started and we still had the separation anxiety issues. The night terrors lasted for 4 years and the separations anxiety for about 10-12 years.

Because I had a child with night terrors, I spent a lot of nights sleeping in her room. I was unable to breastfeed due to social issues here in this area and my job. Daughter had bad problems with colic and we finally got over that. Then we went through severe separation anxiety and people accused me of having a "momma's girl". When she was 2, we moved and that's when the night terrors started and we still had the separation anxiety issues. The night terrors lasted for 4 years and the separations anxiety for about 10-12 years.

Separation anxiety is actually a normal response. I worry about kids that don't experience it. They have formed no bond with their primary caretaker.

Sounds like she had some additional things going on that made her response a bit more severe, though. But hey, it worked itself out.

Separation anxiety is actually a normal response. I worry about kids that don't experience it. They have formed no bond with their primary caretaker.

Sounds like she had some additional things going on that made her response a bit more severe, though. But hey, it worked itself out.

oh wow - I've never thought of that. hmm good point :hmm:

We practice AP here...cloth diapering, baby/toddler wearing, gentle parenting & attached discipline, and co-sleeping in a co-sleeper.

Last edited:
Hi there!!
Well it's good to find someone who made the same choices about parenting... How old is your child (children)?

We did modified attachment parenting- definitely co-sleeping, extended breastfeeding (although only until 2 with one of them, and the others just until 1, but they all self-weaned), I wore my babies, we fed them healthy (the first birthday cake for my firstborn was apple orange bread I made and frozen yogurt for ice-cream). I never left them with anybody else.

Forgot (because it's been so long, our 'baby' is 13)- also cloth diapers. I had two in cloth diapers at once for a while. Also used cloth diapers while traveling across country, from California to Chicago, then up into Canada. Switched to disposables while tent camping up the Al-Can.

Last edited:
Proud AP parent here! :wave:

I understand how hard it is when you're surrounded by people who don't "get it"... When my boy (now 3) was a baby, I lived in this tiny little judgmental town, and they found it very strange that I wrapped him, or kept him in a sling. Comments were made about cosleeping, about breastfeeding (shouldn't you stop when they hit six months?!), and now I'm getting it about not pushing J to potty train before he's ready.

I have done a lot of research... kids that are raised having their needs met, and made to feel safe and secure, grow up with higher self esteem and are more independent and confident. Makes sense to me.

Keep it up, mama!

Back