Anti- virus

ContactForSupport

Reaction score
which Anti-virus software do you think is the best anti-virus out there in the market?

matter of opinion... everyone will pick a different one.

For free- AVG is very good. Then again I've used AVG for over 10 years.
Can't say for sure for paid.

+1 for free-AVG. AVG likes to be bossy and take over your PC virus applications/settings. Had a major issue on not connecting to the internet due to AVG glitch, since been solved. Just a heads up. I use that plus free Malwarebytes. Can be found on (trusted): https://www.cnet.com/

+1 on the Malwarebytes for me too. I've used that on my and relatives' computers (I seem to be the de facto guy for checking their computers and solving whatever issues they have....)

Funny how I've not heard of most of these programs. I have used Norton for so many years myself. Is that a bad thing?

Funny how I've not heard of most of these programs. I have used Norton for so many years myself. Is that a bad thing?
No, not bad at all. Notron is very possessive and controlling.. You need to hang around me more.

No, not bad at all. Notron is very possessive and controlling.. You need to hang around me more.
I can't decide if that's a good or bad thing. I like possessive, though. So Norton doesn't bother me.

I had Norton's years ago but when they started bundling stuff I didn't want in there and... I had to watch my budget... switched to AVG. Norton and Kasperky's I'd go for in paid version at least. I'd pick Norton over McAfee any day.

I had Norton's years ago but when they started bundling stuff I didn't want in there and... I had to watch my budget... switched to AVG. Norton and Kasperky's I'd go for in paid version at least. I'd pick Norton over McAfee any day.
Oh same here, I could never use McAfee. It came free with my laptop, and it drove me insane. I got rid of it pronto!

You might want to do a search about them before going with Kasperky's. Here is just one of the articles I found when I looked because of some memory of them being in the new recently.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...dfb2e37492a_story.html?utm_term=.2a44e864d3f5

There are variety of AV programs and mostly are pretty good nowadays...I've use Norton for many years and reason for picking this because of 5 devices for one price and the quality of it, which is more of strong protections. Some AVs do get "hit or miss" where other get hit (catch the viruses) 99.9% of the time. For those who don't like McAfee while this software is widely use for DOD, meaning DOD approved applications for their security. Does that means it's the best program? Not necessary... but both McAfee and Norton are far better protections in my opinion.

Funny-America-19-of-45-Meanwhile-in-America.jpg

You might want to do a search about them before going with Kasperky's. Here is just one of the articles I found when I looked because of some memory of them being in the new recently.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...dfb2e37492a_story.html?utm_term=.2a44e864d3f5

As someone who WORKS in IT and have done a lot with IT and computers on my own personal time... YES I DO MY RESEARCH. What one person may say may not always be true for someone else.

Kasperky's isn't the only one with "being in the news" McAfee has also been in the news.. hell many probably have for one reason or another!

I am using Micro Trend internet security. It is very good. I had paid for it last year.

I used Malware. It's okay. I switched LifeLock with Norton anti-virus for identity thief protection as fraud victim who hack in my iPhone, PC and iPad and plus VPN private internet on any public Wi-Fi access.

Back