Anti-Immigration = Pro-Fascist

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradB08

Reaction score
Just keep this in mind if you support anti-immigration bills.

Only Facists(if you need further information, look no further than Adolph Hitler) support closing the borders and jailing people, even legal immigrants.

There are ways to work around this.

Only Facists(if you need further information, look no further than Adolph Hitler) support closing the borders and jailing people, even legal immigrants.

Sort of like doing the whole Godwin's Law thing again but in a different format.

I don't need Godwin's Law to know bullshit when I SMELL it.

Um... Okay...

When I threw the fascist comment out there, it was toward the idea of a capitalist police state. I don't have a problem with anti-immigration policies. I do however have a problem with how they enforce those policies.

Fascism does not equal to Nazism. There were other fascist states that were not strictly racist, nor anti-immigrants. You can't base fascism based on Nazism; only the other way around.

Fascist states closed their borders, did they not?

Don't try to slither around the facts.

After all, these illegal white immigrants were the ones who stole Native land to fulfill their Manifest Destiny.

After all, these illegal white immigrants were the ones who stole Native land to fulfill their Manifest Destiny.

There is a difference in using borders to keep people in (a la East Germany) versus keeping people out (ie. illegal immigrants).

As for stealing the native Indian's land the Spaniards were equally (if not more) guilty in doing the same thing in Central and South America. Displacing or even eradicating some indigenous people from their lands.

We're talking about the base ideology, not the decisions the famous leaders took. Doing so would give the word a rigid definition that would not be transferable to places like Asia and South America.

What you are describing is Nazism, not fascism.

It's like this...

All supporters of Soviet Communism are supporters of Leninism OR Stalinism; but not all Communists are supporter of Stalinism; some only support Troskyism, Maoism, but they're still mostly Leninists; not all Marxists are Communists.

Yet oddly... all Soviet Communists and non-Soviet Communists are considered as Marxists. :hmm:

Not all fascists are supporter of Nazism; only the other way around.

Um... Okay...

When I threw the fascist comment out there, it was toward the idea of a capitalist police state. I don't have a problem with anti-immigration policies. I do however have a problem with how they enforce those policies.

Fascism does not equal to Nazism. There were other fascist states that were not strictly racist, nor anti-immigrants. You can't base fascism based on Nazism; only the other way around.

psssst ... let him talk (this will be fun) :giggle:

godwinslaw.jpg

Native Americans had no concept of land ownership so how was it "stolen"?

psssst ... let him talk (this will be fun) :giggle:

Removed the picture because it's just absolutely massive, and no one should have to scroll down through two pictures.

No, I don't have the time to "drag things out," persay. I spend too much time on AllDeaf as it is, through debating with you guys, when I could be using that time to do more productive things like writing a book, which I am at the moment.

However, I cannot ignore someone hijacking a term that I used in a very specific and surgical sense, only to see them twisted the word into a concept that did not exist in context of my previous debate posts.

Only thing Hitler and fascism has in common in this context of anti-immigration is the fact the people supported those policies, and that he gave the police tools they shouldn't have. Everything else is just straight-up Nazism. Anything more, than the implication of failed democracy and police state, is Godwin's law.

And the original poster... violated Godwin's law by basing his concept of fascism on the Nazi influences. Fascism does not equal anti-immigration.

This topic... well:

Topic fail.

Epic fail.

Removed the picture because it's just absolutely massive, and no one should have to scroll down through two pictures.

No, I don't have the time to "drag things out," persay. I spend too much time on AllDeaf as it is, through debating with you guys, when I could be using that time to do more productive things like writing a book, which I am at the moment.

However, I cannot ignore someone hijacking a term that I used in a very specific and surgical sense, only to see them twisted the word into a concept that did not exist in context of my previous debate posts.

Only thing Hitler and fascism has in common in this context of anti-immigration is the fact the people supported those policies, and that he gave the police tools they shouldn't have. Everything else is just straight-up Nazism. Anything more, than the implication of failed democracy and police state, is Godwin's law.

And the original poster... violated Godwin's law by basing his concept of fascism on the Nazi influences. Fascism does not equal anti-immigration.

This topic... well:

Topic fail.

Epic fail.

(Good luck with your book - I need to write my Sci-Fi Horror novel)

Let me have a crack at explaining the difference between Nazism and Arizona's Immigration Bill. I promise I will do my best (sleepyhead) comparison (if one is to be found).

Ok, hmmmm, here goes. I think the OP is trying to articulate the following.

In Nazi Germany, the ONLY thing I can think of that may resemble Arizona's Immigration Bill (keep in mind, this comparison is being made by a leftist and is not an actual comparison) is the persecution of the Jews.

The Nazis targeted Jews specifically. They made being a Jew, illegal. They wanted to rid all of Europe, not just Germany, of Jews and anyone whom had Jewish ancestry. They did this by killing them ... by the millions. This "plan of action" was called "The Final Solution" and was discussed at the Wannsee Conference.

It was a racist agenda (although not entirely so). It was very hateful. The Germans thought they had to protect the human "race" from Jews. You see, the Nazis were not true white supremacist racists, they were more of what could be called "purists". They felt that the human gene pool was infected by inferior races, but they saw the Japanese as equals.

The Nazis were scum. My grandfather, and great uncles, popped a few Nazis in the noggin in their war years. The Japanese killed another of my great uncles in the Pacific.

Now, Arizona's new immigration law is not NEW. It has been the policy of the United States Government to deport illegal immigrants of all races who enter the U.S. illegally. The U.S. Government does not load trains full of illegal immigrants and transport them to killing centers such as the Nazis did to the Jews, Gypsies, Free Masons, homosexual men and political enemies.

The United States Government "currently" has no law making it a crime to be a specific race. Although, I do not believe it has ever been a crime to be a certain race in the U.S., however that point is debatable (i.e. Native Americans).

Arizona's Law is upholding United States Immigration Law at the State Level. The Supreme Court has ruled this constitutional time and again. State officers CAN inquire as to an individual's legal citizenship status. If an individual is discovered to be an illegal by any state representative, they are not shot, they are not gassed, they are not tortured, they are not raped, they are not beaten to death in groups and in public (pogroms), they are simply arrested and processed given the provisions of due process under color of law. Then they are deported to their nation of origin - since they are citizens there.

An Illegal has never taken an oath of allegiance to the United States. They are deemed a criminal. It does not matter what race, ethnicity, etc. the individual may be. The only factor is if they entered the U.S. legally ...... or not.

In Nazi Germany, the only thing that mattered was if you were Jewish .... or not. If you were Jewish, you were tortured, killed, raped, gassed, and beaten to death in large numbers in public (pogroms).

There is no comparison between the two, even though was a futile attempt made by the OP.

If I left anything out, please by all means correct me.

Yup, agreed.

Welcome back to AD.

There is a difference in using borders to keep people in (a la East Germany) versus keeping people out (ie. illegal immigrants).

As for stealing the native Indian's land the Spaniards were equally (if not more) guilty in doing the same thing in Central and South America. Displacing or even eradicating some indigenous people from their lands.
Does anyone remember Cortez the killer?

Brilliant!! :gpost:

(Good luck with your book - I need to write my Sci-Fi Horror novel)

Let me have a crack at explaining the difference between Nazism and Arizona's Immigration Bill. I promise I will do my best (sleepyhead) comparison (if one is to be found).

Ok, hmmmm, here goes. I think the OP is trying to articulate the following.

In Nazi Germany, the ONLY thing I can think of that may resemble Arizona's Immigration Bill (keep in mind, this comparison is being made by a leftist and is not an actual comparison) is the persecution of the Jews.

The Nazis targeted Jews specifically. They made being a Jew, illegal. They wanted to rid all of Europe, not just Germany, of Jews and anyone whom had Jewish ancestry. They did this by killing them ... by the millions. This "plan of action" was called "The Final Solution" and was discussed at the Wannsee Conference.

It was a racist agenda (although not entirely so). It was very hateful. The Germans thought they had to protect the human "race" from Jews. You see, the Nazis were not true white supremacist racists, they were more of what could be called "purists". They felt that the human gene pool was infected by inferior races, but they saw the Japanese as equals.

The Nazis were scum. My grandfather, and great uncles, popped a few Nazis in the noggin in their war years. The Japanese killed another of my great uncles in the Pacific.

Now, Arizona's new immigration law is not NEW. It has been the policy of the United States Government to deport illegal immigrants of all races who enter the U.S. illegally. The U.S. Government does not load trains full of illegal immigrants and transport them to killing centers such as the Nazis did to the Jews, Gypsies, Free Masons, homosexual men and political enemies.

The United States Government "currently" has no law making it a crime to be a specific race. Although, I do not believe it has ever been a crime to be a certain race in the U.S., however that point is debatable (i.e. Native Americans).

Arizona's Law is upholding United States Immigration Law at the State Level. The Supreme Court has ruled this constitutional time and again. State officers CAN inquire as to an individual's legal citizenship status. If an individual is discovered to be an illegal by any state representative, they are not shot, they are not gassed, they are not tortured, they are not raped, they are not beaten to death in groups and in public (pogroms), they are simply arrested and processed given the provisions of due process under color of law. Then they are deported to their nation of origin - since they are citizens there.

An Illegal has never taken an oath of allegiance to the United States. They are deemed a criminal. It does not matter what race, ethnicity, etc. the individual may be. The only factor is if they entered the U.S. legally ...... or not.

In Nazi Germany, the only thing that mattered was if you were Jewish .... or not. If you were Jewish, you were tortured, killed, raped, gassed, and beaten to death in large numbers in public (pogroms).

There is no comparison between the two, even though was a futile attempt made by the OP.

If I left anything out, please by all means correct me.

I am interested in your thoughts on the "ways to work around this". To me the way to work around this is to simply enforce the existing law that are on the books and have been for many many years. Bottom line, if you are not here legally then you should be processed and deported.

Edit: You should also be provided information on how to legally become a citizen of the United States of America for those that would desire to do so.

Last edited by a moderator:
We're talking about the base ideology, not the decisions the famous leaders took. Doing so would give the word a rigid definition that would not be transferable to places like Asia and South America.

What you are describing is Nazism, not fascism.

It's like this...

All supporters of Soviet Communism are supporters of Leninism OR Stalinism; but not all Communists are supporter of Stalinism; some only support Troskyism, Maoism, but they're still mostly Leninists; not all Marxists are Communists.

Yet oddly... all Soviet Communists and non-Soviet Communists are considered as Marxists. :hmm:

Not all fascists are supporter of Nazism; only the other way around.

er, not all communists were really Marxists, it was so called based from it, but they never understood it, in fact they (adminstrators) took it as a basis to rationalise their social positional bullying, in an almost facist manner but without the emphasis on profit making requirement

in short, these communists Likes to think they were Marxists but they never were

And what exactly would that difference be? Segregation is segregation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back