Anti-Adoption?

KarissaMann05

Premium Member
Reaction score
I took a few pratice entries on my GJ (GreatestJournal) to learn how to handle any debate on my own. I was really enjoy to debate with my friends. :) Of course, I don't handle 100% well. haha

Okay, all right..

Two days ago, I chatted with people at my work through using a notebook for communcation.. for a while, they started to talk about pro-choice so I was pretending I'm a pro-choice because all of them are abortion supporters... someone told me was very against adoption because of her experience of being brithmother. She believed that adoption is a selfishful choice, it's very poor choice, and she had two abortions but did not regert it. She believed that abortion is the best option.. but, some workers agreed with her and one of them said abortion is a such relief than rising a child or adoption. I felt almost offended when one of them were thinking of adoptees should not be here, due to his "every child is wanted child" belief.

I guess that adoptees are nothing speical because how birthmothers feel so hurt after placing them for adoption. Their comments just nailed me down.. I don't know.. I think adoption may be poor choice, is it?

Mmm.. what's your thought on adoption? :/

Simple rules for my thread.
1. Keep it clean, please. (no insulting, rudeness, etc)
2. Keep this thread under control, please.
3. Of course, be resfect and use common sense. :)
Thank you for understanding.

Debate begins.

Last edited:
I think adoption is a perfectly fine option.

I think adpoting a child or more than one child is perfectly good way to go, because there are lot of kids that needs a good home and most of the kids live in abusive home, living in streets, or other countries that are poor that there are so many straving children that needs home. Every child needs a good home with lot of love.

A couple gets a child, and a child gets parents. I know several families for whom this was a blessing.

A couple gets a child, and a child gets parents. I know several families for whom this was a blessing.

yeah it also important that the adoption agency check out the adpot parents before giving them a child and make sure they are good people. There is always a possiblity some adoptive parents can be just as abusive just like birth parents. There is always a risk.

Okay, I feel a bit better when I read your comments.. Yes, it's true.

I know it's difficult for birthmothers but I think it's a selfless choice.. idk..

Okay, I feel a bit better when I read your comments.. Yes, it's true.

I know it's difficult for birthmothers but I think it's a selfless choice.. idk..

I can understand some birth mother give their child up for adpotion because most of them are teenagers and not ready to handle being a mother so young like 13 to 17 years old, or other give them up for personal reasons, or if the birth mother have no families around and she died at birth then another reason for the child to be put up for adoption. It hard choice for lot of birth mothers to give up a child.

Adoption would be the choice...but the problem is...some put 'private' adoption and it make harder to find birth parent for health histories etc. So it is best to leave 'open' adoption just in case adopted child/adult need a health history or some other sources that she/he needed.

I am myself adopted and I am grateful that my grandparent (my dad's parent) saved my life. Long story and I rather not talk about it.

Having an abortion, there MUST have a good reason...baby won't live after birth, or bad defective, raped and few others reasons. So I don't believe in abortion UNLESS if I was raped, I would go for it and will not regret it at all. If I changed my mind, then adoption would be a next choice. It would be depend on situation.

I can understand some birth mother give their child up for adpotion because most of them are teenagers and not ready to handle being a mother so young like 13 to 17 years old, or other give them up for personal reasons, or if the birth mother have no families around and she died at birth then another reason for the child to be put up for adoption. It hard choice for lot of birth mothers to give up a child.

Yes, I have heard from them sometimes.. it's true.

Adoption would be the choice...but the problem is...some put 'private' adoption and it make harder to find birth parent for health histories etc. So it is best to leave 'open' adoption just in case adopted child/adult need a health history or some other sources that she/he needed.

I am myself adopted and I am grateful that my grandparent (my dad's parent) saved my life. Long story and I rather not talk about it.

I also heard stories that are so scary about "black-marking" baby brookers and some of that true story. People sell babies to get higher bidder for money and hiring someone to get pregnant by force to sell a baby for profit is very cruel. This couple went under cover to arrest a baby brooker business that most baby also get kidnaped to sell the child as well. It scary thing to hear about.

oooh, something is new to me. Thanks for that. :)

Understandable. I'm happy that you are here! :D

Having an abortion, there MUST have a good reason...baby won't live after birth, or bad defective, raped and few others reasons. So I don't believe in abortion UNLESS if I was raped, I would go for it and will not regret it at all. If I changed my mind, then adoption would be a next choice. It would be depend on situation.

Personally, I'm a pro-life and am such different than common lifers. I am pretty sure that pregger abort a child because of (see the underline words) which is I agreed with. And, I wonder, why do you think you want to abort a child because of that rape action?

Anyway, I am really positive that every child is wanted by any relation, not only bio-parents because a child needs a lot of love. :)

I don't know why some people think adoption is a poor choice. :dunno:

I also heard stories that are so scary about "black-marking" baby brookers and some of that true story. People sell babies to get higher bidder for money and hiring someone to get pregnant by force to sell a baby for profit is very cruel. This couple went under cover to arrest a baby brooker business that most baby also get kidnaped to sell the child as well. It scary thing to hear about.

:eek3: whoa... I never heard of that! I'm glad you mention it! Thank you for that. I now know..

Last edited:
If I can't afford the babies, or can't take the responiblities for the babies, or are not ready to have babies, I would just go for the adoption ratherly than kill the baby. As I read your post, someone think the adoption was selfish, I definitely disagree. Abort is very selfish compare to adoption, the abort just KILL the baby, don't let the baby experience the world, the life, and baby will not live, only parents. Adoption give a baby a new home, and baby can have a life. Parents still have a life.

So I am for the adoption.

Adoption is a good thing. If my husband and I ever decide to have kids we will adopt. I personally feel that I don't need to bring another child into this world when there are so many out there looking for a family.

(I'm not saying people should not have kids. I'm just saying that-that is what I would do personally.)

Reba, I have a friend who was adopted from South Korea when she was a baby. She has an older and a younger brother, also were adopted from Korea. Their "American" parents could not have any children biologically.

BTW, I have not seen my friend in a long time.

Adoption is a good thing. If my husband and I ever decide to have kids we will adopt. I personally feel that I don't need to bring another child into this world when there are so many out there looking for a family.

(I'm not saying people should not have kids. I'm just saying that-that is what I would do personally.)

Well done! You exactly took the words out of my mouth, mind you that's just a metaphor.

Reba, I have a friend who was adopted from South Korea when she was a baby. She has an older and a younger brother, also were adopted from Korea. Their "American" parents could not have any children biologically.

BTW, I have not seen my friend in a long time.

well done, I am glad that your friend adopted a child from another counties that needs a good home. So many children out there needs a home with lots of love.

Personally, I believe adoption to be a very selfless act. I also believe it to be an act of love.

Yes, sometimes the parents are guilty at giving their kids up to someone else to raise, and sometimes the kids do wonder why their parents didn't want them.

But if I had been adopted *Im not but if*, I would have felt glad that my birth mother had cared about me enough to give me life and then give me to someone who could afford to raise me and a better life.

Sometimes people get pregnant through no fault of their own and still decide that that child has a right to life. They do the selfless thing and have that child and give it to someone else.

The act of love is, knowing that they are not prepared to give that child the best of life possible. So they allow someone with alot of love to have their child.

I wish more people adopted, and I wish there were less abortions and more babies adopted.

Personally, I believe adoption to be a very selfless act. I also believe it to be an act of love.

Yes, sometimes the parents are guilty at giving their kids up to someone else to raise, and sometimes the kids do wonder why their parents didn't want them.

But if I had been adopted *Im not but if*, I would have felt glad that my birth mother had cared about me enough to give me life and then give me to someone who could afford to raise me and a better life.

Sometimes people get pregnant through no fault of their own and still decide that that child has a right to life. They do the selfless thing and have that child and give it to someone else.

The act of love is, knowing that they are not prepared to give that child the best of life possible. So they allow someone with alot of love to have their child.

I wish more people adopted, and I wish there were less abortions and more babies adopted.

I have known that it harder for older kids to be adopted because they prefer to adopt small babies instead of kids that are like 4 to 18 years old, they always prefer new borns. Some people can be such a jerk.

Back