Anthem Insurance/Cochlear Implants

CountryGirl23

Reaction score
I have Anthem insurances through my husband's work. I have been thinking about getting CI in the right ear first since I do not wear a hearing aid in that ear.

I wanted to know if any of you have Anthem Insurance and do they cover 100% or certain amt? I will be getting an apt sometime soon once I get some dental work taken care of first.

Don't think anyone can tell you that except Anthem or your husband's HR people. Employers usually pick & choose what they'll have the insurance company cover.

Don't think anyone can tell you that except Anthem or your husband's HR people. Employers usually pick & choose what they'll have the insurance company cover.

I do know that it is very good insurance. The best one out there. I will be making a new post for questions to help me in the decision.

It mostly depends on the specific plan. I had Kaiser when I got my CI. I only had a $150 outpatient copay for surgery. And standard office visit copays. One the main reasons I decided to get my CI.
Most insurance will cover the cost of batteries too... less deductibles etc

You would have to contact Anthem directly to find out if they cover implants and if they do, what their criteria is. Each insurance plans have their own criterias and not all plans will cover the implants.

You would have to contact Anthem directly to find out if they cover implants and if they do, what their criteria is. Each insurance plans have their own criterias and not all plans will cover the implants.

I have to make a honey do list for my husband to call.

Back