Another reason why I hate FOX news

Daredevel7

Adrenaline Junky
Premium Member
Reaction score
I do watch FOX news (along with CNN and BBC) to get a somewhat balanced news from this incredibly divisive world.

However, because I watch multiple news, I've noticed so many things wrong with FOX news. This is a PERFECT example:

Aliens Could Attack Earth To End Global Warming, NASA Scientist Frets | FoxNews.com

They implied that this is a NASA-SPONSORED research study, a study about an alien invasion scenario. Hence adding fuel to the hate of NASA and their waste of money.

However, THIS is the original article:

Aliens may destroy humanity to protect other civilisations, say scientists | Science | The Guardian

They originally said NASA, but now they realized their mistake and changed it to "NASA-affiliated" scientist. (See the bottom of the article)

The story is that a post doc (not even a civil servant) individual who is working for NASA headquarters wrote this paper along with 2 other people in their free time and the post doc guy made the huge mistake of putting "NASA" on the paper, implying that it was a NASA funded report.

This man, Shawn Domagal-Goldman, realized that the Guardian picked it up (and FOX news) and wrote a public apology to make things right:

PaleBlue.blog, Some important points of clarification

This is How NASA Allows Others To Determine Its Public Image (Update) - NASA Watch

Based on nasawatch, NASA people aren't happy about this report affiliated with them. At least the Guardian fixed things. Wonder if FOX will fix their article. *cough*Doubt it*cough*

It's clear there are some fear mongerers and strange folks working for them. I haven't been watching their news forever, ever since some time before obama's election. I think it's not FOX that we really have to worry about, it's the simple minded people who are scapegoated into believing anything anyone says, sadly constituting much of america. The smarter ones who know better than to believe it right away are not the problem.

Fox has some of the best shows on that network, they capture all the audience on there. Always was an X-phile and still am to date!

So, a NASA employee writes an article, and some network reports that a NASA emplyee wrote an article? :dunno:

And ... if you hate Fox News, why do you watch?

So, a NASA employee writes an article, and some network reports that a NASA emplyee wrote an article? :dunno:

And ... if you hate Fox News, why do you watch?

Really? You find nothing wrong with that? A NASA employee wrote a report in his free time that explores what happens when aliens takes over and FOX says "The thought-provoking scenario is one of many envisaged in a joint study by Penn State and the NASA Planetary Science Division, entitled "Would Contact with Extraterrestrials Benefit or Harm Humanity? A Scenario Analysis.""

A joint study between Penn State and NASA?!? huh?? NASA itself has nothing to do with it.... Some idiot wanted to use his affiliation with NASA to make the paper look "more professional". It's that simple. Why do you think the Guardian fixed their story?

I watch FOX news because I want to know everyone's side of their story. I want to know why people believe what they believe. By doing that, I need to see the news from ALL angles. Or at least as much as I possibly can.

Fox news is FAUX news.. it's filled with rhetorics and hyperboles.

A while ago, a couple good friends of mine (Seth Baum and Jacob Haqq-Misra) approached me about a paper they were writing, and asked if I wanted to join them on it. The paper was a review of all the different proposed situations for contact with an alien civilization.

........ It was just a fun paper written by a few friends, one of whom happens to have a NASA affiliation.

from your link. http://paleblueblog.org/post/9110304050/some-important-points-of-clarification

So here’s the deal, folks. Yes, I work at NASA.

need I go on?

There's another reason why I read/watch multiple news sources. By doing this, I can easily find out the flaws of each news Corp (CNN, BBC, MSNBC, etc). Most use the news from the same source and you can easily see what they have changed or eliminated from the original news source.

A while ago, I conducted a review of articles from various news corps but from the same source (Associated Press) of the same event. Let's just say you'd learn a lot on how to edit or change an article to mean or convey something else.

This isn't even news; this is someone's mental diarrhea.

I don't know how anyone can even take FOX News seriously anymore now that they are a proven gang of thugs and criminals (re: email/voicemail hacking scandal in the UK).

To make things clear: this man who has an affiliate with NASA is a post doc.

"So here’s the deal, folks. Yes, I work at NASA. It’s also true that I work at NASA Headquarters. But I am not a civil servant… just a lowly postdoc. More importantly, this paper has nothing to do with my work there."

Anyway, I have a question for you Steinhauer. Do you think it matters if the news states "A joint study between Penn state and NASA" vs "A joint study between Penn State and a post doctorate working for NASA"? Do you believe that it's not a big deal?

I personally don't see why FOX news is reporting a paper that was created for fun between college students.

i see no difference... :dunno:

To me, there is a huge difference. It's like saying "A report about the financial destruction caused by Mexicans was written by NBC" when it was really written by someone who worked for NBC in his spare time.

I personally don't see why FOX news is reporting a paper that was created for fun between college students.

Or .... The Guardian?

Why not say the same thing about them? They broke the story.

Tried.jpg

Back