Another Pit Bull Story

After searching Dumas' home, police charged him with drug and firearms felonies.

Obviously the dogs were mistreated and wrongly trained. There are too many people who buy pitbulls just to train them to become fierce.

Pitbulls can be good pets as long they are trained properly, but too many people buy them for the wrong reasons.

Bastard Father, why he doing that let 4 dogs attacked his son?? Sound like Punishment??? *sheesh*
He is belong to prision for good.. I'm Glad that Post man who quite brave and trying to rid dogs out.. unfortunally boy already died in the hosp. My heart goes out for him..
My *deepth sorrow* for him being cannot fight 4 dogs.. Isn't fair..
*mumbling*

After searching Dumas' home, police charged him with drug and firearms felonies.

Banjo said:
too many people buy them for the wrong reasons.

Yeah—like guarding METH LABS. They outta lock him up and weld the door shut, but the sad fact is that he’ll get 3 years max.

3 year max... i'm sure the Offence Attorney will argue over this case since the men just stand and do nothing about those dogs. so its offically a murder.

*EXTACTY* I agreed with you... That guy just stand up and do noth'n with tiny boy. Yes He is defiently MURDER... Need make'm captial punishment must done to with him stay jail rest of life.. instead of 3 years.. Isn't enuff!

I sit here and read these stories bout pitt bulls, and I look at my pitt and wonder how anyone could let there dogs get so out of hand. I have owned and been around many kinds of dogs, and I truely feel pitt bulls are one of the best kinds of dogs you can own...it is so sad to see the way some idiotic peeps raise their dogs..to fight til death......my baby would never NEVER do anything like that...if people can not train properly they should not NOT be allowed to have them...its not fair to the dogs or any innocent bystanders..

oh my gosh!! i cant believe that his dad cant hear his own son screamed.. that mean he dont give a fuck!!! sheshh!! but now see his son died... he is biggest in trouble.. gosh!! if i were in his shoes i will be BITCHY at him for not come out of house and check on his own son!! excuse my words.. cuz of i am very piss off to see that he dont give a fuck abt his son gosh!!!! i wish i shoot :rl: him!!!!

Levonian said:
This one is beyond belief. An 8 year old child was mauled to death by 4 pit bulls while his father stood by and did nothing:
Unbelievable, kids comes first, second and third!!

I have seen A lots of Children being attacked by a Pit Bull it no Joke Pit Bulls are very Strong Dogs...A large number of small children are bitten by dogs they know while visiting the dog's home. Because stories of Pit Bulls stimulate fear, the media is likely to report all cases of biting pit dogs or pit mixes but not stories of injury by poodles and spaniels ...Pit Bulls cause more serious bites than any other breed. It's the truth you could Look it up.

My Son Jordan almost got Attacked by a Bull Dog that My Ex's Friend had at his house and We saw that the dog went up to Jordan and bite him on his arm but lucky he was wearing his winter coat but we stopped it before he went farther...Sometimes Big Dogs are dangerous around Little Children cuz they are smaller;;

That Story about the father I cannot believe how he was inside his home while this boy is screaming and he didnt even came out until the Postcarrier was on her Property! that is Messed up! I feel so ill reading this story and the same time it made me real mad that the boy was dragging like a doll cuz of 4 pit bulls pulling onto him that made me real sad.

Levonian said:
This one is beyond belief. An 8 year old child was mauled to death by 4 pit bulls while his father stood by and did nothing:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/South/04/17/fatal.mauling.ap/index.html

Ok, so we take those pit bulls, dont feed them for 3 days, spray the dad down with a blood/meat mix, shoot a tranq dart at him, and toss him in the pit with the pit bulls, justice is served, oh, then throw the mom in there and shoot her bitch ass in the head.

Banjo said:
Pitbulls can be good pets as long they are trained properly, but too many people buy them for the wrong reasons.

It has nothing to do with being Trained Properly some dogs were raise very sweet and the right way and sometimes Dogs snaps and hurt someone else nobody knows why... I Have seen alot of people said that they dont know why their dog did that they felt bad for it when their dogs attacked someone else...

Cheri said:
It has nothing to do with being Trained Properly some dogs were raise very sweet and the right way and sometimes Dogs snaps and hurt someone else nobody knows why... I Have seen alot of people said that they dont know why their dog did that they felt bad for it when their dogs attacked someone else...

We are talking about the pitbulls, not the other breeds. I said pitbulls can be good pets as long they are not trained to guard, respond to certain situations with a violent approach.

The article said this,

That tell me a lot about the father. The father is responsible for the dogs' behaviour, period!

I don't believe that in most cases where dogs attack are raised and trained properly. Even if the family is super-sweet, they may not know how to train a dog properly.

One guy I knew had a scar from a dog mauling, but why did it happen?

When he was 4, he squeezed the dog's balls, very hard. What did you expect the dog to do?

Lick the boy?

No, they'll bite.

Believe it or not, lack of training has a lot to do with dog mauling!

Cheri said:

Very True Cheri certain dogs are bred for a specific purpose. They can not deny their bloodline. Some may but by and large you don't hear about too many black labs mauling their child as you do pit bulls, Rottweiler, dobermans etc.

This particular incident though is one hell of a tragedy.

Banjo said:
We are talking about the pitbulls, not the other breeds. I said pitbulls can be good pets as long they are not trained to guard, respond to certain situations with a violent approach.

The article said this,

That tell me a lot about the father. The father is responsible for the dogs' behaviour, period!

I don't believe that in most cases where dogs attack are raised and trained properly. Even if the family is super-sweet, they may not know how to train a dog properly.

One guy I knew had a scar from a dog mauling, but why did it happen?

When he was 4, he squeezed the dog's balls, very hard. What did you expect the dog to do?

Lick the boy?

No, they'll bite.

Believe it or not, lack of training has a lot to do with dog mauling!

Did I said any dogs? No i didnt I copied what u said about pitbulls Pitbulls are fighting dogs and they are strong not always because they been treat bad by their owner those dogs can snapped without reason if they see a child going by the dog will attacked it happened before.. Not just that a child have to do something to the Pitbull to be able to get attacked...If you read more about Pitbulls then u will know.. I have seen on the news about a teenager who had two pitbull dogs and she raise them really good and then all sudden they got loose out of the house and went next door and attacked this Old Lady and she died..No Not true about training has something to do with the dog mauling u can look it up More about it.

This a deathly traumatic and painful way for this boy to go...while in the care of those in the home who weren't very respondsible for watching out for the boy...since not many details were revealed in this story, although, with the fact that drugs and firearms were found at the residence AND having four pitbulls sounds like another drug-ring or dogfighting ring (also, the two have been known to go hand in hand)...but it's too immature to say at this point....

What really gets me is IMAGINING the four dogs pouncing and gnawing and biting on the boy, a little 8 year old!! Makes my heart cry out for this young little boy...also makes me wonder if the two that were in the house at the time of the incident were too groggy and doped to bother hearing the first cries...and the fact of the man demanding the mail-carrier to get off the property is very absurd and fishy!

Most people generally fear pitbulls, and pitbulls have developed a bad household name...yet, there are people who own such dogs and even other breds who do raise their dogs properly and with loving care...there have been cases where such dogs unknowingly attacked without understanding the cause or purpose of such an attack...the percentage of those cases where a loving household pet turned onto a family member or outsider is small compared to vicious dogs trained to protect or guard a residence or business property which the percentage is higher....

I do hope they will find justice for this mauling...I do wonder if it is possible the authorities may charge him (and the woman) with manslaughter if not murder...a manslaughter charge carries a much higher prison term.... :smash: Let Justice Be Served!!

coffeeeeman said:
Some may but by and large you don't hear about too many black labs mauling their child as you do pit bulls, Rottweiler, dobermans etc.

Look at the statistics, and the percentage of the dog owners (Rotts, Pitbulls, Dobermans) are like. It's likely they are used for guarding, not family pets.

I know a family that own dobermans, and they always want attention, they're a bunch of attention-seekers.

None of them has bitten a person. They are very friendly.

It is how you treat and train a dog. Many pet owners make excuses for their dog's behaviours like saying, "Oh, how could my dog do such a thing" when it is actually their fault for not training the dog well enough. In most cases, irresponsibility take the crown.

No breed of dog is inherently vicious, and any dog is only as dangerous as the owner allows it to be.

Here's a website with a bit of useful information to it.

http://www.fataldogattacks.com/

The age group with the highest number of fatalities were children under the age of 1 year old; accounting for 19% of *the deaths due to dog attack. Over 95% of these fatalities occurred when an infant was left unsupervised with a dog(s).

The age group with the second-highest number of fatalities were 2-year-olds;* accounting for 11% of the fatalities due to dog attack. Over 87% of these fatalities occurred when the 2-year-old child was left unsupervised with a dog(s) or the child wandered off to the location of the dog(s).

http://www.fataldogattacks.com/statistics.html

Cheri said:
Did I said any dogs? No i didnt I copied what u said about pitbulls.

Pitbulls are fighting dogs and they are strong

Pitbulls are only fighting dogs if they are trained to or mistreated.

I have seen on the news about a teenager who had two pitbull dogs and she raise them really good and then all sudden they got loose out of the house and went next door and attacked this Old Lady and she died..No Not true about training has something to do with the dog mauling u can look it up More about it.

How do you know she raised and trained the dogs very well, because the pet owner says so on the news?

The news reporters didn't know the pet owner their whole life and how she train and supervise her dogs. That's another problem we tend to run in, we don't know how these owners are raising their pets. The owner saying it on the TV doesn't make it a fact, instead it is a claim.

Yes, owners can treat their pets with love. But owners need to understand that they have to limit the dog's freedom and that mean keeping them on the leash instead of allowing them to sniff and pee-pee onto the fire hydrant without a leash on.

some dogs were raise very sweet and the right way and sometimes Dogs snaps and hurt someone else nobody knows why... I Have seen alot of people said that they dont know why their dog did that they felt bad for it when their dogs attacked someone else...

You didn't say pitbulls. You said dogs, it could be taken for any other breeds.

It's mostly about control, and if the owner cannot control their dogs, then that is a problem.

Last edited:
Banjo said:
Look at the statistics, and the percentage of the dog owners (Rotts, Pitbulls, Dobermans) are like. It's likely they are used for guarding, not family pets.

I know a family that own dobermans, and they always want attention, they're a bunch of attention-seekers.

None of them has bitten a person. They are very friendly.

It is how you treat and train a dog. Many pet owners make excuses for their dog's behaviours like saying, "Oh, how could my dog do such a thing" when it is actually their fault for not training the dog well enough. In most cases, irresponsibility take the crown.

No breed of dog is inherently vicious, and any dog is only as dangerous as the owner allows it to be.

Here's a website with a bit of useful information to it.

http://www.fataldogattacks.com/

http://www.fataldogattacks.com/statistics.html

Yes, I am sure there are plenty of stats to support either view or perspective. I can only tell you based upon my experience, Responding to dog attacks I can recall about 6 of them off the top of my head where a child was severly injured, that all of the dogs included in the groups of dogs I listed were the most frequent attackers. In fact in all of the cases but one involved dogs that were "Family" dogs not ill tempered trained formally to be obediant etc. All of the familes described the dogs as loving caring etc. Which then leads us to believe the child did something to provoke the attack. In all of the cases but one the attack was witnessed and there was no sign the child provoked the attack. The one case where the attack could have been perceived as provoked the child dangled meat in front of the dog, Rottweiler, and then yanked it away. So yeah I feel that while there are other factors than breeding that play a role in dog attacks i.e unrestrained dogs etc. there seems to be a common thread of agression linked to a particular breed.

In the case that started this thread I have no doubt that the owner/father bred and trained these pits to an aggressive level. These dogs should be put down only after as someone stated before they throw the parents to these animals in a pit.

Mike

Back