Another Pit Bull Story

Cheri said:
Banjo U need to check some Links.. U'll Find information... Pitbulls are Number one Dogs that attacked people In American today and in the past years.. Here the link Go all the way to the bottom u will see a chart...

http://www.homeagainid.com/news/article.cfm?storyid=12719

From the article,

"Our concern is not with the breed," said Councilman Gene Cerino. "Our concern is that we will create an ordinance that will make dog owners responsible for the behavior of their dog."

Crockett said he's afraid of pit bulls, and believes some kind of dangerous dog ordinance is needed. But he's undecided about a breed- specific law. Dog owners should be fined when they fail repeatedly to control their animals, he said.

Did you know that you are really not supposed to chain or tether your dog?

Here's the link, and see why chaining or tethering a dog is inhumane and has the potential to turn in a bad situation.

http://www.hsus.org/ace/11865

Owner’s Responsibilities

By law, owners can be held liable for their dog's actions—including biting. You can reduce the likelihood of your dog biting someone by observing these points:

Socialize and train your dog. It is best to start while your dog is a puppy, however, most dogs can be socialized to not be aggressive;

Do not let your dog run loose. Provide a fenced run and leash your dog when you go for a walk. Avoid having young children walk dogs they cannot control;

When you meet children while out for a walk, be sure they approach your dog properly. This ensures their safety as well as protecting your dog;

Teach children to observe the simple rules of safe and considerate behaviour around dogs. In particular, teasing, chasing and yelling should be discouraged. Your dog may tolerate it, but another may not;

Choose your dog carefully. Pups should be evaluated in light of the parent dog's behaviour. Select dogs that have been bred to be non-aggressive family dogs;

The importance of sterilizing your animal cannot be overemphasized. Spaying and neutering your dog tends to reduce aggressive tendencies significantly. A U.S. survey of over 200 fatal dog attacks showed that in all but two cases the attacks were carried out by unneutered or unspayed dogs;

Do not leave babies or very young children alone with a dog;
Children should be taught to never hug a dog. Many dogs tolerate such behaviour but others don’t.

http://www.dogsandkids.ca/Responsability.htm

It is my personal opinion that the majority of dog attacks are due to the lack of responsibility from the owners. An entire breed is not to be condemned for something that is of owner's sins.

coffeeeeman said:
All of the familes described the dogs as loving caring etc. Which then leads us to believe the child did something to provoke the attack.

Yes, and I had to teach a 6 year old girl to not stomp on a dog's tail or slap it around when her parents hasn't even bothered to tell her how to treat a dog properly.

Some dogs are inadequately socialized. Dogs living with or around children need to be able to tolerate a degree of rough treatment without resorting to biting. Choose your dog carefully and discourage even play-biting by puppies, to avoid problems later.

http://www.dogsandkids.ca/why_do_dogs_bite.htm

My dog, I strongly discouraged her to play-bite as a puppy which is something all of the pet owners has to do when they are puppies.

When they're dogs, it's usually too late to teach them that.

Of course, training your dogs to not attack is not 100% successful but in most cases, it is the owner's fault for not doing enough.

Banjo said:
Yes, and I had to teach a 6 year old girl to not stomp on a dog's tail or slap it around when her parents hasn't even bothered to tell her how to treat a dog properly.

http://www.dogsandkids.ca/why_do_dogs_bite.htm

My dog, I strongly discouraged her to play-bite as a puppy which is something all of the pet owners has to do when they are puppies.

When they're dogs, it's usually too late to teach them that.

Of course, training your dogs to not attack is not 100% successful but in most cases, it is the owner's fault for not doing enough.

Banjo,

I don't mind be quoted but please don't quote me out of context. Nuff said by me on this thread.

Mike

Banjo,, I don't think u are paying attention did u read the Chart that is what I asked you to do not read the whole Forum...U avoid that because you do not want to be wrong on that part Therefore I Do know that it is the Owner Responsible to control their pets but not everyone does. I have seen dogs being on loose without a leash I have seen them in the backyard with a fence but they can jump over the fence it had Happened...I do not think we should blame the Children for the attacked if they do not always do anything to the dog. Bottom line is you submit to a personal Opinion not the facts. I am done Debrating on This.. :thumb:

While national statistics show at least 30 breeds have attacked humans, 10 dog breeds are on the Center for Disease Control and Prevention's most dangerous list, meaning they tend to bite the most frequently. They are:

Pit bulls
Rottweilers
German Shepherds
Huskies
Alaskan Malamutes
Doberman Pinschers
Chow Chows
Great Danes
St. Bernards
Akitas

http://209.157.64.200/focus/f-news/1058122/posts

Although pit bulls are number one on the most dangerous list, i'm shocked as to the other dogs on the list. A couple are known to be the common family pet. I have rarely seen on the news about any of the other dogs on this list attackin or killing a person. Although it does and could happen.

Now I very much agree that pit bulls are very dangerous. Although I do agree that if trained properly and the owners stay committed to the training that pit bulls can be one of the best dogs. If a dog of any breed, especially pit bull attacks any human the blame should be pointed straight to the owner. They are the one at fault. I know that my pit bull would never attack anyone, (unless it was me or the people in my home) because he is never left unsupervised. We have no children in the home and if there was I would think of a different pet to have around if I thought the child in any harm.

I very much agree with you banjo and I think you brought up some good points.

I was faint with shock when I read your post… I CAN´t believe how could that father do like that is let his dogs to kill his OWN son… What he do is MURDER!!!!!! I never see anyone like this in my life…
Sure, I often read the newspapers over the owners who own the pitbulls were upset when their dogs attack/kill the humans.
They keep on saying that they spoil their dogs & give them a lot of love & attention… They don´t understand why… They MUST their dogs in sleep accord the court…

That´s father :rifle: :rifle: :rifle:

Last edited:
Cheri said:
I have seen A lots of Children being attacked by a Pit Bull it no Joke Pit Bulls are very Strong Dogs...A large number of small children are bitten by dogs they know while visiting the dog's home. Because stories of Pit Bulls stimulate fear, the media is likely to report all cases of biting pit dogs or pit mixes but not stories of injury by poodles and spaniels ...Pit Bulls cause more serious bites than any other breed. It's the truth you could Look it up.

My Son Jordan almost got Attacked by a Bull Dog that My Ex's Friend had at his house and We saw that the dog went up to Jordan and bite him on his arm but lucky he was wearing his winter coat but we stopped it before he went farther...Sometimes Big Dogs are dangerous around Little Children cuz they are smaller;;

That Story about the father I cannot believe how he was inside his home while this boy is screaming and he didnt even came out until the Postcarrier was on her Property! that is Messed up! I feel so ill reading this story and the same time it made me real mad that the boy was dragging like a doll cuz of 4 pit bulls pulling onto him that made me real sad.

I´M TOTAL AGREE WITH YOU.

:nono: Banjo,
Those Pit bulls is a MOST dangerous dog than dog fighters like Rottweilers, German Shepherds, Doberman Pinschers etc.

It´s VERY hard to train Pit bulls to be loving pet like Rottweilers, German Shepherds, Doberman Pinschers etc. (dog fighters, I mean).

Yes, I´m agree that those kind of dogs like this are trained how to respect their owners only if they receive a lot of love & attention from their owner, also well-upbrings, too BUT not Pit bulls.

The Pit bulls sells here in Germany are STRICTLY forbidden & ban breeders of Pit bulls already… If you want to own Pit bulls then you have to get a special liescne. It´s VERY hard to find Pit bulls around Germany, maybe other countries but you have to get the permission why you want to own Pit bulls accord German´s law..… You have pay VERY high tax & insurance to own pitbulls than any dog fighers like Rottweilers, German Shepherds, Doberman Pinschers etc.

High % of people killed through ONLY Pit bulls. It´s very very very hard to train them to loving pet… They become real aggressive & quickly temper dog when something what they dislike then attack their loving owners. To me, Pit bulls is likely “King” to their owners. Pit bulls let owners do what they want… They never respect their owners sometimes but attack them if they dislike what the owners tell them what to do.

I believe what I saw is NEWPAPERS or TV NEWS. I read the newspapers very often over that bad reputation over ONLY Pit bulls…
18 months old daughter of Pit bulls´s owner were killed by Pit bulls…
more children & babies of pit bulls´s owners were killed by pit bulls.
Also more more more people were killed by ONLY Pit bulls than Rottweilers, German Shepherds, Doberman Pinschers etc.

always Pit bulls, Pit bulls, Pit bulls

My friend Lynn´s brother MUST put his 3 Pit bulls sleep because they already hurt people & also his OWN children… He DID give Pit bulls a lot of love & attention & also spoil but it STILL the same…. They goes wild if you forget to feed them.. They are very senstive & very unpatience dogs than other dogs… They do is bring them carefully & know their ways… spot time…. It calm them down…
Other dogs can wait for their feed if there´re 1 hour delay but Pit bulls.. Oh no…

Look at Princess Anne´s Pit bulls attack & kill Queen Elizabeth´s Corgis… Princess Anne & Queen were shock because their dogs were grow up together & play each other… now? Pit bulls´s head goes wild like this sometimes…

Last edited:
cheetahgurl said:
While national statistics show at least 30 breeds have attacked humans, 10 dog breeds are on the Center for Disease Control and Prevention's most dangerous list, meaning they tend to bite the most frequently. They are:

Pit bulls
Rottweilers
German Shepherds
Huskies
Alaskan Malamutes
Doberman Pinschers
Chow Chows
Great Danes
St. Bernards
Akitas

http://209.157.64.200/focus/f-news/1058122/posts

Huskies? I can´t image that huskies attacked humans?
They are most loving dog... They are very very very good dog to children...
I am the fan of Huskies...
I can´t image that they ATTACK humans...

I saw alot of huskies around Germany who love the children...

Liebling:-))) said:
It´s VERY hard to train Pit bulls to be loving pet like Rottweilers, German Shepherds, Doberman Pinschers etc. (dog fighters, I mean).

It´s very very very hard to train them to loving pet…

HA! That's a LOAD of BULL! I grew up with a lot of pitbulls and I also grew up with birds, ferrets, a raccoon, and a chihuahua. The birds, ferrets, raccoon, and the chihuahua have bit me MILLLLLLLLIONS of time and the pitbulls have NEVER bit me once! So, Banjo, I'm on your side on this! It's the owner who is responible!

Something to add...

Y'all love Petey from "Little Rascals" right? NEWS FLASH! Petey's a PIT BULL! *gasp*

Also, if a shark attack you at the beach, are you going to try and get all the sharks to be banned from the beaches? If a seagull shat on you, are you going to get all the seagulls banned from your community? If a small cute turtle bite your finger off, are you going to get it banned from your community?

Again, people who think pitbulls should be BANNED are IDIOTS!

The press always twist the story to make the pitbulls look bad!

Last edited:
Gatorboy00 said:
Something to add...

Y'all love Petey from "Little Rascals" right? NEWS FLASH! Petey's a PIT BULL! *gasp*

Also, if a shark attack you at the beach, are you going to try and get all the sharks to be banned from the beaches? If a seagull shat on you, are you going to get all the seagulls banned from your community? If a small cute turtle bite your finger off, are you going to get it banned from your community?

Now, Don't be calling names here ...and Press are not always twist stories about Pitbulls if you have seen how many people/Children being attacked by PitBulls then U will know! Its the facts I am sorry to disappointing you...I Never said Pitbulls should be banned I do not think they are good for Family Pets but For Guard Dogs Yes.

Geeze, This is a very sad story here....I do hope they will find justice for that little boy and put those 4 pitbull dogs to sleep.....( I don't care if they were mistreated )....and I do hope that the dad and his girlfriend get the punishment they both derserved!.....

I personally do not like Pitbull or Rottweilers....and will never buy either of them....they're not family dogs and if one of my children mistreat one of those types of dogs then they will likely be attacked...

I remember watching a TV Show that called ' Animals Gone bad ' has anyone see that show before ?...Its about all type of animals that can become unknowingly attacking without understanding the cause or purpose it was a good show and seeing lots of videos of animals that gone bad caught on tape....Its not only that people mistrain these dogs it also can be for any purpose or reason....

My heart goes out for that 8 years old boy.....

coffeeeeman said:
Banjo,

I don't mind be quoted but please don't quote me out of context. Nuff said by me on this thread.

Mike

I quote to what I see fit and what is related to my comments. No offensive intended.

My opinion still stands on the pet owners as being held responsible for their dog's actions.

Gatorboy00 said:
Something to add...

Sorry to tell you that your talk is FULL of nonsense... We are here to talking about the pet in the house... Is Shark belong to pet in the house...?

Please stop to twist everything...

Do you want to say that the photos of people who killed/attack by pitpulls is lies?... The photos of them on the newspaper & TV has no reason to tell the lies...

I only tell you that what I know is ACCORD german law because the bullpits are going to banned because they refused to give breeders the permission to breed more pitbulls around the Germany.

Nobody have shark as their pet but dogs, cats, etc...

The fighter dogs can trained to be well & good guard, loving, but pitbulls... oh no... very hard....

If they have to get a special liescne to get the permission if they really want to own the pitbulls... It´s very expensive dog tax & insurance...
Pitbulls are the most expensive tax & insurance than other fighter dogs...

family dogs are cheap tax...
German dogs are bit expensive...

Depend how much dog tax on different dogs... but fighter dogs...

Last edited:
Huskies? I can´t image that huskies attacked humans?
They are most loving dog... They are very very very good dog to children...
I am the fan of Huskies...
I can´t image that they ATTACK humans.

Actually, there has been dog attacks committed by huskies in my city in the past.

I remember one time where a dog owner had chained a husky in its front yard. One kid got attacked by the husky, but that's because the kid was a stranger and walked onto his territory.

It was the dog owner's fault for the attack, he shouldn't had put the dog out on the front yard chained with no fences around.

Nobody has the right to pet a dog that is not theirs without permission. They should not be allowed to barge onto somebody else's property which has happened so many times. It's a recipe for a disaster.

But the owner shouldn't chain a dog out on the front yard. They belong in the back yard.

stepping in...

I am at home now..
I read this post other night thru my sidekicker while I was at the hospital with my son on his chemo treatment.

HOWEVER I decide to wait until I get home.. Because I do not feel comfortable posting serious stuffs thru sidekick..

I have raised Doberman since I was around 13-14 yrs old until I decide to have a PUPPY not adopting pets thru agency for a while.. which was 2 years ago this July We bought Jake. He is a Mutt --- mixes breed Black Lab, Pit bull and Rotweiller.

Nevermind the BREED that was born to attack.. IT IS the owner's Responsible to take care of THEIR pet by train them properly, have a open area with FENCE yard, and take dogs for walk on the Leash Why ? because you bond up better with the pet if you gave them an attentions, Foods, water..

We taugh our kids NOT to play game with dogs while having treats/feed dogs because they were Guarding their foods but We adult teach our dog not to growl ( im not talking about me, my husband, my bro in law I am talking about Everyone in whole world)....

Parents need to make sure they are train properly...

Parents also knows better not to leave babies and young childrens with pet/pets loose! I don't believe it because I believe parents need to supervise better with kids around so they could discipline BOTH pets and child/children!

Don't some of you remember when you were little, you tend pull dogs tail, wag their tails, play with their ears or p ull their ears, Dress up your dogs etc ? they can turn around and snap you for bugging them.. that's what PARENTS need to make sure they were discplines to make sure they were taugh properly! I do that with my kids.. when I am not going to be in same room I take my dog with me or tell him "Out!" he runs and grab his one of his toys and go out have fun!

I DO Find a problem with Parents who do NOT train their pet properly while they have a child in their cares!

All of my life, I was taught by an obiences leader that DOGS do not attack people just for "hell of it" Dogs were attack because you are NOT begin firm enough with pets.

We were going to put Fritz to sleep due of biting us (me and my mom).. We found out why. Cuz we play with puppies rough then the dog learn how to play rough when they get older.. Just like with any other dog..

My sister has doberman shelly she's sweetest dog I ever met, she had dog name brandy but died of old age.. I had doberman Lincoln, Virgil when I live on my own without my parents! then I had Diva ~ American staffordshire ~ I know a friend who lives in Wale, UK.. she tells me her parents trains Staffordshire they are sweetest animals too!

If parents CAN NOT control their dog ~~ then they aren't mean to be Dog owner..

My mom still adopts dobermans from doberman resuce unlimited.. that's where I adopted my past dogs thru the agency too with Lincoln and Virgil. They both were put to down due of their illiness..
Diva was put down to sleep due of begin loose dog. Then My husband and I agree we will not adopted any older dogs since It breaks my heart big time when I lose dogs again! I couldn't go thru again.. so We bought Jake....

NOW AS for this STORY in this article...

The father is NEGLECTING to both of his son and his dogs!

Postman came in to try to rescue the baby the FATHER told the postman get out!
He's the :asshole: for telling the postman get out..

I hope they did something with this father because he is NO FIT to be a dad! and a Pet owner...

Just remember this is just my opinios

I watch the shows on animal planets:
Animal Cops ~ Tocations Houston and Detroit
Animal Precict
Miami Animal Police

By the way
Pitbulls
Dobermans
Rottweiler
large dogs are sweet too if you train them properly!

Wendy

Sorry to tell you that your talk is FULL of nonsense... We are here to talking about the pet in the house... Is Shark belong to pet in the house...?

Nobody have shark as their pet but dogs, cats, etc...

Off-topic, but there are people around here who own sharks, small sharks actually. Shark isn't really a dangerous pet if you think about it, it stay in a tank all the time.

But with a dog, it roams the house and in the backyard which is different because when you have visitors, they may be at the risk of getting attacked.

The shark don't flies out of the tank across the room to attack people.

Banjo said:
Actually, there has been dog attacks committed by huskies in my city in the past.

I remember one time where a dog owner had chained a husky in its front yard. One kid got attacked by the husky, but that's because the kid was a stranger and walked onto his territory.

It was the dog owner's fault for the attack, he shouldn't had put the dog out on the front yard chained with no fences around.

Nobody has the right to pet a dog that is not theirs without permission. They should not be allowed to barge onto somebody else's property which has happened so many times. It's a recipe for a disaster.

But the owner shouldn't chain a dog out on the front yard. They belong in the back yard.

:-o
Interesting... I didn´t know that huskies are not lame sometimes...

They are toooooo cute & tooo good to children... My friends who own them... She & her girlfriend own 8 huskies.... I´ll ask them when I see them... They all are good to my children...

I´m surprise because I didn´t know about this...

:-o
Interesting... I didn´t know that huskies are not lame sometimes...

They are toooooo cute & tooo good to children... My friends who own them... She & her girlfriend own 8 huskies.... I´ll ask them when I see them... They all are good to my children...

I´m surprise because I didn´t know about this...

Liebling,

Pet owners train their dogs properly. then your kids are very lucky to have a GOOD owner who train their dog properly with your kids around!!

Yes Huskie are also known to be attack IF Not taking care properly

Wendy

All of my life, I was taught by an obiences leader that DOGS do not attack people just for "hell of it" Dogs were attack because you are NOT begin firm enough with pets.

How can u say that? U saying every person who gets attacked because they did something to the dog? What did the old lady next door deserved that? she did not go near the dog yet or done anything to the dogs the dogs went over her area of home and attacked her on her Property...Yes it's the owner fault but that doesnt mean you have to do something to the dogs to attacked you...

the Fact is that Pitbulls have an aggressive trait in there bloodline ... Ask the Pet Store or Kennels they will tell u the same thing.

I have watched animal planets too and I have seen animals been treated badly but not all of the attacked anyone some are friendly and scared some are aggressive cuz they don't know who you are and they might think you are trying to hurt the dog so they will attacked yes it happens I have seen it on animal Planet and the other show about "Animals Gone Bad" I have seen Video Tips of Children, Babies, Adult getting attacked for no reason and with a reason.

Back