Another Official Member Photo Thread (comments ok!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
awesome pictures, roam4life and kuifje! i really enjoyed hiking and sightseeings but it has been a while since the last time i have done that. ive been to lake powell in southern utah and visited a lot of famous arches. it was most gorgeous desert ive been to in my life.

roam4life, you looked fimilar, were you orginally from oregon?

Roam4Life said:
The Narrows was really worth it. It is highly recommend to have a good shoes and a walking stick to walk through it. You can live with out the walking stick - My siblings and I walked without it on the way up but on the way back down we found a stick, it was much better walking with it. What other places did you visited at Zion? My siblings and I would love to go back there someday and do more exploration there. It's awing beautiful there!

When we were at Zion, there were still some snow on the top of the mountains. It was kind of chilly, so it wasn't really a good idea to be in water. But I deffo will look into walking through the Narrows perhaps next summer. Kim (my bf) and I hiked Angel's Landing (but I panicked out in like last 5 minutes left and walked down, LMAO, should have just calmed down and continued), Emerald Pools (wow beautiful waterfalls), Canyon Overlook, Weeping Wall (I think that was what it was called?), and visited on other side of tunnel to see different landscape. I would love to do a much longer hiking expedition with a group of friends like on the rim trails and camp overnight somewhere. My bf doesn't seem to like that idea though... so I probably have to find some friends who want to do that with me LOL

e said:
awesome pictures, roam4life and kuifje! i really enjoyed hiking and sightseeings but it has been a while since the last time i have done that. ive been to lake powell in southern utah and visited a lot of famous arches. it was most gorgeous desert ive been to in my life.

roam4life, you looked fimilar, were you orginally from oregon?

Utah is suffering from a very bad bout of drought and Lake Powell is well below its water level. All boating and so on have been closed since July, I think. The Arches National Park is really awesome, Kim and I hiked like 20 miles there. Loved it.

I looked back in here, but didn't see the pictures I thought might be posted here, so here I am posting 3 pictures:

DESERET PEAK, UTAH, 11.031 feet, 8 August 2004 (8 hrs.)

Behind me is the famous Great Salt Lake.
marcsommetDP.jpg

MT. TIMPANOGOS, UTAH, 11.749 feet, 29 August 2004 (12 hrs.)

Me inside the cabin on the summit of Mt. Timp
marcsommetcabin.jpg

Me standing outside on Mt. Timp
marcsommetTIMP.jpg

kuifje75 said:
Me inside the cabin on the summit of Mt. Timp

I’ll bet there’s a huge sign outside the cabin that says "Warning: sleeping inside this cabin during a lightning storm will make you a prime candidate for the Darwin Award". :lol:

It's me ... taken in DavenPort, Iowa when My crew workers and I went out that Night....

Attachments

• Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 60
Me Again. :angel:

Attachments

• Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 38
TweetyBird said:
wow!!!! u got more tan!!!!!! u look SO WONDERFUL!!!! :thumb: :cuddle:

Thanks Tweety! by the way what's dripping on the side of ur mouth? Just Kidding.. :laugh2:

kuifje75 said:
When we were at Zion, there were still some snow on the top of the mountains. It was kind of chilly, so it wasn't really a good idea to be in water. But I deffo will look into walking through the Narrows perhaps next summer. Kim (my bf) and I hiked Angel's Landing (but I panicked out in like last 5 minutes left and walked down, LMAO, should have just calmed down and continued), Emerald Pools (wow beautiful waterfalls), Canyon Overlook, Weeping Wall (I think that was what it was called?), and visited on other side of tunnel to see different landscape. I would love to do a much longer hiking expedition with a group of friends like on the rim trails and camp overnight somewhere. My bf doesn't seem to like that idea though... so I probably have to find some friends who want to do that with me LOL

No wonder ... I believe it is best to visit Zion in early summer. It will become rather so hot later on in the summer. I visited there in middle of June, it wasn't too bad. LOL, you should have went ahead and go to the top of Angel's Landing - it was really worth it! What was really freaky .. after we visited Zion.. about a week later, 14 years old boy who was hiking with his scout troop, he fell down and got killed. Angel's Landing is one of the most dangerous hike at Zion. We planned to hike to emerald pool - which level did you went? there is low, middle, and high level. My siblings and I would like to do more hiking and camp out. Observation Point sounds nice and it is much higher than Angel's Landing.

Nice pictures you posted :)

kuifje - I think you got Canyon Overlook right and I don't recall Weeping Wall.. I KNOW there is Weeping Wall in Glacier National Park in Montana, aha! ;)

Roam4Life said:
No wonder ... I believe it is best to visit Zion in early summer. It will become rather so hot later on in the summer. I visited there in middle of June, it wasn't too bad. LOL, you should have went ahead and go to the top of Angel's Landing - it was really worth it! What was really freaky .. after we visited Zion.. about a week later, 14 years old boy who was hiking with his scout troop, he fell down and got killed. Angel's Landing is one of the most dangerous hike at Zion. We planned to hike to emerald pool - which level did you went? there is low, middle, and high level. My siblings and I would like to do more hiking and camp out. Observation Point sounds nice and it is much higher than Angel's Landing.

Nice pictures you posted :)

Thanks... Yeah I posted that article on my website cos I was surprised. That boy hiked the trail to Angel's Landing several times, yet just this one time he slipped to his death. It was pretty sad! Angel's Landing is indeed one of the most dangerous trails at Zion. Levionian, a member here, used to work at Zion and he said he ascended Lady Mountain and said it was so dangerous.

I checked the park info (yeah I keep everything!) and there IS a Weeping Rock. It's not a major trail but takes you to this cliff where the water weeps out of it. I hiked to all three levels of Emerald Pool, but the top one was best of all cos it has a great waterfall coming through this high cliff. It's really cool there.

I agree with you, I'd like to hike up Hidden Canyon Trail to Observation Point too. I didn't go all the way at Angel's Landing because it was really the first time I ever did mountain hiking, and wasn't used to cliffs, height and so on. Now, I am getting used to it, and after climbing Mt Timp, I think I will have less fear.

Levonian said:
I’ll bet there’s a huge sign outside the cabin that says "Warning: sleeping inside this cabin during a lightning storm will make you a prime candidate for the Darwin Award". :lol:

:mrgreen: nope there isn't one. climb at your own risk! we ascended on a beautiful day so we had no problems :-P It would be too cold to sleep in the cabin, and much better to sleep in a tent on the grounds close to Emerald Lake below the summit.

kuifje75 said:
Thanks... Yeah I posted that article on my website cos I was surprised. That boy hiked the trail to Angel's Landing several times, yet just this one time he slipped to his death. It was pretty sad! Angel's Landing is indeed one of the most dangerous trails at Zion. Levionian, a member here, used to work at Zion and he said he ascended Lady Mountain and said it was so dangerous.

I checked the park info (yeah I keep everything!) and there IS a Weeping Rock. It's not a major trail but takes you to this cliff where the water weeps out of it. I hiked to all three levels of Emerald Pool, but the top one was best of all cos it has a great waterfall coming through this high cliff. It's really cool there.

I agree with you, I'd like to hike up Hidden Canyon Trail to Observation Point too. I didn't go all the way at Angel's Landing because it was really the first time I ever did mountain hiking, and wasn't used to cliffs, height and so on. Now, I am getting used to it, and after climbing Mt Timp, I think I will have less fear.

Oh yes, Before we started hiking/climbing the Angel's Landing.. At the scout lookout, I told my siblings.. I want us to come back to this spot in one piece! It surely was a scary feeling but we succeed and made it! It is now one of our best memories together. LOL - I did tried to find park info that I thought I did kept from Zion but I guess not! I am trying to remember about Weeping Wall but don't really remember much reading about it in the park info. So I am sure whenever next time you return back to Zion you will succeed reaching Angel's Landing. Be Careful if you do! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back