Another I hate wal-mart thread

I prefer to call it china-mart. Never buy a safe from china-mart. It's easy to break into and .... literally break the handle off sadly.

ha ha ha ha...I like your signature. Pants :bowlol:

I only have Reg edition of Win XP not Pro, how u get 5 bucks for it?
RIT student discount.

A few years ago, they were selling copies of Windows XP Pro for $5 each. This was a limited thing only.

Since this was a 2004 CD (Service Pack 2 included), I had to do a shitload of updates on my computer. I ended up having to wait almost an hour with over 100 updates. :roll:

Ending result? I'm happy! Computer runs much smoother and efficiently. ;)

I am thinking about buying a laptop with XP on it. My personal comp if you will.

Technically the computer I use belongs to my parents so not much I can do.

RIT student discount.

A few years ago, they were selling copies of Windows XP Pro for $5 each. This was a limited thing only.

Since this was a 2004 CD (Service Pack 2 included), I had to do a shitload of updates on my computer. I ended up having to wait almost an hour with over 100 updates. :roll:

Ending result? I'm happy! Computer runs much smoother and efficiently. ;)

Mind sending that CD to me and I'll return it back? :giggle:

Mind sending that CD to me and I'll return it back? :giggle:
Hahaha... I wish I could. Unfortunately, it's one of those CDs where I can only use it once for myself and can't give it to everyone else. It's strict on CD key. Why don't you bit-torrent it? ;)

Yeah... I'm one of those.

I finally upgraded my OS to Windows XP Pro. It only cost me $5. ;)

Old news again. :pissed:

I learned it from my friends who student of RIT in long long long times ago.

I got legal XP Pro full install from friend who work at Best buy in 2002. It only cost me zero. ;)

Old news again. :pissed:

I learned it from my friends who student of RIT in long long long times ago.

I got legal XP Pro full install from friend who work at Best buy in 2002. It only cost me zero. ;)
Yeah, I know it's old news. That's where I got my CD.

If I had friends working at computer stores, I'd be getting it installed on my computer for free too. ;)

I am thinking about buying a laptop with XP on it. My personal comp if you will.

Technically the computer I use belongs to my parents so not much I can do.
Bad news for you. You can't find new computers with XP at anywhere store like Best Buy, Compusa(if it still alive), Sam's club, Costco, etc.

Only way to go to computer shops whatever they custom it for you as you wish.

Bad news for you. You can't find new computers with XP at anywhere store like Best Buy, Compusa(if it still alive), Sam's club, Costco, etc.

Only way to go to computer shops whatever they custom it for you as you wish.

Well, Alienware offers Windows XP Pro for $100 since Vista is free as default, also some free Vista Home Premium for med-high end PC/laptop.

Bought Belkin USB wireless PCI and USB adapter from Walfart. I had plm and I had no plm exchanging it. I agree Walmart sell lousy stuff.

MY wife complained that Super Walmart sell fruits and vegetable that don't last long. It get rotten in a week while she bought from other store like Target, HyVee, Price Chopper, and Dillion's. All fruits and veggie last long. She can see the pattern. Sound like WM held fruit and veggie too long before they put it on shelf. That explained short shelf life.

Super Walmart and Super Target stores are just across the street of each other about miles from my home. Funny. Walmart own part of Home Depot. I go to Lowes LOL (both are in same area where WM and Target are).

Catty

The reson for XP and not Vista is because I have heard alot of problems about Vista with bugs and all.

I would get Vista if it were an actual improvement in the software and platform and not just added graphics and other useless stuff. I want something that I will actually use and find beneficial.

Oh well.

The reson for XP and not Vista is because I have heard alot of problems about Vista with bugs and all.

I would get Vista if it were an actual improvement in the software and platform and not just added graphics and other useless stuff. I want something that I will actually use and find beneficial.

Oh well.

No, Vista on new fresh computers are fine but if you install from old Windows XP at first place then buggy would occured but it doesn't happen on new computers.

There's already one store in Miami area, in next to headquarter.

You have to paid flight ticket to over Miami to pick computer up from store? Wtf?

It's just for HQ and just ONE store that not same unlike Best buy in anywhere.

Back