Another batch

I know with the wild game I have I need to be careful of trichinosis. I think 160 will kill that too though, I'll have to look that up. Can't wait!

I'm gonna use my tent stove and a bunch of stove pipe. I was thinking just a wood box to hold the racks. I want to try smoking a roast too.

I know with the wild game I have I need to be careful of trichinosis. I think 160 will kill that too though, I'll have to look that up. Can't wait!

I'm gonna use my tent stove and a bunch of stove pipe. I was thinking just a wood box to hold the racks. I want to try smoking a roast too.
I want to smoke a whole Hog, but they are too heavy to wedge between your fingers...lol

When I was a kid, I always seen smoked ham, smoked turkey..ect....
So one thanksgiving while everyone was prepping stuff for dinner, I asked how they smoked a Turkey...
WELL, my Dad and Uncle ( both pranksters as well ) picked up the Turkey and say like this... ( acting like the turkey is a cigar ) with a lighter and all like they were going to smoke it...lol
So thats where my humor started.

I made 30 lbs of venison into jerky this past winter. Ran out in January. Gonna thaw out some more shoulders and necks and maybe a few sirloin tips next week to make 20 more lbs.

I just polished off the jerky I made recently.... never enough to last lol

Another batch? Of what, crack cocai... Oh, y'all are talking about wild game jerky. Sounds very tasty.

I want to smoke a whole Hog, but they are too heavy to wedge between your fingers...lol

Here's a hog my dad got... Lol

8992b19c45fa0a9432ffda48fdf54ace.jpg

Hog hunting is high on my list. Hunting licenses for out of state are just so pricy. What state is that in?

Hog hunting is high on my list. Hunting licenses for out of state are just so pricy. What state is that in?
here in Missouri farmers will let you hunt their land free to get rid of them. Most dont need a permit either.
Here bacon bacon bacon.... nice slab o bacon !!!!

here in Missouri farmers will let you hunt their land free to get rid of them. Most dont need a permit either.
Here bacon bacon bacon.... nice slab o bacon !!!!

My dad has his freezer full of bacon and sausages from Deer and Hogs he hunted. Hopefully he'll make a dinner when I visit him this year. He hunts at a hunting lease area and he seem to enjoy it in his retirement years.

My dad has his freezer full of bacon and sausages from Deer and Hogs he hunted. Hopefully he'll make a dinner when I visit him this year. He hunts at a hunting lease area and he seem to enjoy it in his retirement years.
Thats why I want an old farm, to hunt the land ( and possibly lease to a few hunters for some extra $$ ) or like the farmer who used to smoke our deer sausage, just get some donations of meat from the kills. we would all pitch in and make a massive batch of deer sausages in little smokies and 2 pounder summer sausages. The farmer would smoke it then when we went to pick it up we would each give him like 10-20 sausages for use of equipment and the smoke house. He was a happy farmer.

The farmer stopped doing this after some other groups didnt clean up the equipment and restock the beer they used... I dont blame him. Its takes one to ruin it for everyone.

Yep. My dad purchased a used camper at the lease so he can stay overnight (the lease is about 1.5 hours from his house). So it saves him time and fuel to stay there if he wants to spend another day hunting. He use his own acre for his hunting and has blind set up, cameras, and the feeding area (corns for deer).

Dang, I got a strong craving for bison roast. I know where to buy one about thirty miles from here.

Yep. My dad purchased a used camper at the lease so he can stay overnight (the lease is about 1.5 hours from his house). So it saves him time and fuel to stay there if he wants to spend another day hunting. He use his own acre for his hunting and has blind set up, cameras, and the feeding area (corns for deer).
I'm jealous.

I'm no fan of bacon and don't really eat it but I'd love to try out the homemade jerky y'all are talking about... just not.. super spicy.

Impossible. I've seen die hard vergetarians cave with the smell of bacon. It's power is awesome and limitless.

Back