Another Aussie ... Am I too old for this forum?

Matilda

Boxing Kangaroo "Jack"
Premium Member
Reaction score
G'day! I have lived in Brisbane, Australia all my life ... 53 years old! and deaf from birth, though brought up orally and no sign-language as I was one of the 1st "guinea-pigs" to integrate into mainstream schools.

Am I too old for this forum? as this seems like a forum for the young people? Will you kick me off?

Nah, there is several members over the age of 50 here. The oldest one, I believe is in her 70's. :)

Welcome to AllDeaf.com, Ozzie! :)

Ozzie, Age doesn't matter...........and neither does mode of communcation. There are TONS of oralized mainstreamed folks here! Although I do think that this forum does tend to cater towards folks who've been dhh since they were small, as opposed to late deafies.

NEVER too old!!! There is a several of us members are older than you so please feel VERY welcome to read and post at any time.

G'day! I have lived in Brisbane, Australia all my life ... 53 years old! and deaf from birth, though brought up orally and no sign-language as I was one of the 1st "guinea-pigs" to integrate into mainstream schools.

Am I too old for this forum? as this seems like a forum for the young people? Will you kick me off?

Don't worry about the age, because

1. Age doesn't matter.
2. This forum will make you feel so young.
3. This forum is for everyone to discuss.

Welcome to AllDeaf.com!

1. Age doesn't matter.

Welcome to AllDeaf.com!

That's positive answer. :thumb:

Herzlich Willkommen in AD :D

Remember the age is only number. :D

Come and share what and how you feel like to and make you feel young...

First Hello :):) No way about too old for this forum and We won't kick you off! ;)

Thanks for the Welcome!

It's great to meet all of you and looking forward to exchanging some words with each other!

:welcome:

Age doesn't matter. People of all ages enjoy reading and posting. So Enjoy your stay here.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. You are never too old to join the forum here. I am 62 years old and Deaf from birth, too. I never thought about my age when I join the forum back in 2006 but then I was busy until Alex or someone e-mail me to remind me to come back to AllDeaf so here I am. Just relax and have fun and enjoy all the threads on the forum. You will love it here. :wave: and :wiggle:

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. You are never too old to join the forum here. I am 62 years old and Deaf from birth, too. I never thought about my age when I join the forum back in 2006 but then I was busy until Alex or someone e-mail me to remind me to come back to AllDeaf so here I am. Just relax and have fun and enjoy all the threads on the forum. You will love it here. :wave: and :wiggle:

Thanks Bebonang! So far, I am thoroughly enjoying reading most of the threads!
Very interesting perspectives and views of everyone here. :)

Thanks Bebonang! So far, I am thoroughly enjoying reading most of the threads!
Very interesting perspectives and views of everyone here. :)

You are welcome. I am glad you are enjoying reading all of our threads. That is what make us very unique and special talking about our deafness, Deaf Culture, and of course our Deaf communities. Just type in whatever you feel like it to jump in and talk it out with us. See you around. :cool2:

1. Age doesn't matter.

Welcome to AllDeaf.com!

:cheers: HEAR, HEAR!

Welcome to AD.com, Ozzie! I must be the youngest Aussie here, am I, folks? I'm Jacob and the dude from Canberra :cool:

Hi Jacob! and thanks!

I'm just feeling my way around the site and answering/entering posts here & there. Very interesting indeed! :)

oooOOOooo goody another aussie here! :welcome: to Alldeaf! Nah you are not too old to join this forum.

I am 48 yrs old here and am from Perth! At first when I joined, I thought I was too old to join. Like you, I was born deaf. I was taught orally with sign language forbidden in the classroom for HOH but I learnt auslan while I was a boarder at a Deaf school. Then I was moved to a hearing school in a country town where my parents lives when I was 11 yrs old. I am married to a hearing man and he doesn't sign. I can talk very well to be understood and I loves listening to music. Anyway, enjoy posting and browsing in alldeaf. See ya around.

Bet, that I am the youngest in Australia, am I?

Thanks Pepsiwoman & Koala!

Great to meet another Aussie, Koala .... as I was saying to Jacob, your weather in Perth must have been very unpleasant .... heatwaves just about daily. Ours was a very pleasant one to our surprise! :)

Will see ya around, too! :)

Back