Annoying ignorant hearing people stories

this old thread....i no understand computer or quite got hang of this site yet,just seem strange keep thread open after a year.
back to your subject,i could say same that i appear to be one of few brits on prodminatly american site but i incorperated so i not sure what your point is,i have read many hearing posts on here no one seems to have hump

Not quite the only Brit here :wave:

Sitting in library and I can't stop laughing. Yes, when us hearing people are that stupid feel free to tease, humiliate and mock. I hate when people yell louder at my client. I just want to smack them.

Response to posts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I been reading a lot of post about deaf and hearing relationships. About how they don't work out. And about when girl ditch guy as soon she finds out he deaf.

I don't know. Do you guys ever assume that girl is intimated by you. Personal experience I saw this guy in class. My first thought was "wow he cute". And then I finds out he smart in math when he solves an calculus problem on board. He has great smile - basically my dream guy. But then he signs and I'm thinking "huh? He deaf?!". Okay this not going to work. And it wasn't because he deaf! But because that basically a sign saying its not going work and he to good for me. I was competely interested but I was scare to talk to him. All his friends are deaf and I didn't want to took stupid. So I gave up. Good thing I did anyways because my friend like him too and unlike me she went for it. But he reject her saying "only date deaf girls". What heck that?

Actual post by an hearing user. I am annoyed that they think the must write like this to talk to Deaf people!

Response to posts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I been reading a lot of post about deaf and hearing relationships. About how they don't work out. And about when girl ditch guy as soon she finds out he deaf.

I don't know. Do you guys ever assume that girl is intimated by you. Personal experience I saw this guy in class. My first thought was "wow he cute". And then I finds out he smart in math when he solves an calculus problem on board. He has great smile - basically my dream guy. But then he signs and I'm thinking "huh? He deaf?!". Okay this not going to work. And it wasn't because he deaf! But because that basically a sign saying its not going work and he to good for me. I was competely interested but I was scare to talk to him. All his friends are deaf and I didn't want to took stupid. So I gave up. Good thing I did anyways because my friend like him too and unlike me she went for it. But he reject her saying "only date deaf girls". What heck that?

Actual post by an hearing user. I am annoyed that they think the must write like this to talk to Deaf people!

Response to posts

He probably did you both a favor. If anyone is that bigoted that they can't see beyond the end of their nose - they'll be missing out on a lot - and so would you to try and have a relationship with someone that limited.

It is sad that some people still think Deaf people shouldn't have children because they're defective ones.

I wish no one tell Deaf people have no right to have or to adopt kids. Good grief...

Phew taken me 3 days to read this thread!

:wave: Hi I'm a hearie... hopefully with a small h...

When I was a child my HoH Nana told me how she hated people saying Never mind.. I always remembered that!

I have been learning NZSL for over 10 years, and have found some wonderful friends because of it.
And have had some of the odd questions asked by hearie friends... It is good to be able to educate them.

I just want to say, I have found deaf people to be patient. When they converse with me, they watch to see if I understand.. and if I don't they happily repeat until I do.

I have 'enjoyed' reading this thread.. and Love some of your comebacks!
("Hey, He just tried to propose to me" :laugh2: )

From living 33 years as a HoH person I've come to the conclusion that I don't try to explain to everyone my issue because the problem is if I explain it then people start treating me like a "special person" and it makes it even worse.

They then start talking reeeaalllllyyy ssssllllooowwwwww and then they start saying, "Why don't you learn ASL?"

This thread is hilarious ! :D
Love the fast food drive through stories. I'm not so nice about it lol I tell them when get to window their machines a piece of crap- Wah Wah Wah :shock:
I've unfortunately lost my patience with mean people This year ( hearing aids /paper weights don't work hardly anymore ) :roll: My kids are teens and they hate how people can be to me. My babies lol :giggle:
Also ,apparently you can catch Deafness according to people,must be it. When people find out about my hearing they ignore me ,hurry and get away from me,or look at me like I'm sick. At my work if I go for break, two women in my dept. will stop talking, stare at me and start texting each other ( ignorant) But whatever their loss. ( I usually time it now and don't go when they do)
Have been told they were surprised how smart I am since they hardly ever hear me talk. I take my aids out at work,sounds distract me and give me headaches sometimes.
Love all the stories- I know I've said it before. So nice to have people to relate to,to share experiences,stories,vent lol
I'm very happy my cousin told me to find something like this site. :wave:

From living 33 years as a HoH person I've come to the conclusion that I don't try to explain to everyone my issue because the problem is if I explain it then people start treating me like a "special person" and it makes it even worse.

They then start talking reeeaalllllyyy ssssllllooowwwwww and then they start saying, "Why don't you learn ASL?"

wonder why did they tell you to learn ASL?

wonder why did they tell you to learn ASL?

Just ignorant/stupid and don't realize the ramifications of being deaf.

To show you what I mean here's a true story:

In a party, I'm having fun chatting with this girl and then she says, "I love this song!" and then I say, "I can't hear that, I have a hearing problem"

Girl: What, you have a hearing problem? (Frowny face)
Me: Yeah was born with it
Girl: Really I had no clue, you speak really well!
Me: Yep
Girl: You ought to learn sign language
Me: If only knew sign language I wouldn't be able to talk to you
Girl: Oh yeah (duh face)

Just ignorant/stupid and don't realize the ramifications of being deaf.

To show you what I mean here's a true story:

In a party, I'm having fun chatting with this girl and then she says, "I love this song!" and then I say, "I can't hear that, I have a hearing problem"

Girl: What, you have a hearing problem? (Frowny face)
Me: Yeah was born with it
Girl: Really I had no clue, you speak really well!
Me: Yep
Girl: You ought to learn sign language
Me: If only knew sign language I wouldn't be able to talk to you
Girl: Oh yeah (duh face)

interesting that is how she see this way. Guess she may be an airhead girl...

"annoying ignorant hearing people stories"

what if the hearing person feels she/ he is not ignorant nor annoying???

Fuzzy

"annoying ignorant hearing people stories"

what if the hearing person feels she/ he is not ignorant nor annoying???

Fuzzy
Well... sometimes people are ignorant and annoying but don't realize it, or they adamantly deny their ignorance and/or annoying-ness (?) because they *can't* be wrong/ableist/audist.

And then there are hearing people that read these stories and think that the deaf people who wrote them think that all hearing people are that way...

I have one. Two nights ago I was sitting at a bar watching the game (go Royals!) and this guy starts talking to me. The place has loud music and tvs and is kind of dark. I tell him that I am hard of hearing and am and that he can write me a note. We were both a little drunk but he starts going on about how well I speak, I tell him that I'm not Deaf, just hard of hearing and this is a place where it is hard to hear. He keeps on about it and then is all " you have a special gift to share with the world" He got all sappy and I just wanted to smack him. :smash:

How about this one??! All the older people I'm around, hear fine til they're talking with me,when I constantly have to remind them I'm hoh they tell me oh yeah I am too!! No, you're just forgetful, and I have to remind you to quit walking away while you're talking to me!! Or please don't turn around or start blocking your mouth with your hands...or dang it, forget it!!! We've been through it already! We're family!! And people in public, if my family doesn't get it....

I dont know if this happens alot to deaf people who wear hearing aids..dont you hate when a cashier close their hand and knock on the counter just to test your hearings..that happened to me last night..just wanna say piss off b/c I know what you're doing..know what I mean..it can be offensive sometimes.

never see a cashier do that....most of the time have no trouble have to ask if being little over sensitive,some people are rude some deaf people very rude live let live,expect and accept and put each other right when need arise...i had more pig ignorent people in respect to my daughter who brain damage very bad but not deaf

When will the hearing people stop being soooooo audists? I am sooo sick of their superior ways trying to control us to get their ways of not wanting to understand us by not providing ASL interpreters. Mostly it is about not wanting to paying for ASL or sign language interpreters, when there is a social problem like the police department or at the Justice court or at the hospital or any kind of emergency or needed help to get an interpreters. They managed to hurt us in the process, even taking the children away from the deaf parents. It is really sick where you have to deal with them in the hearing society. :mad:

EDIT: We have a right to have sign language interpreters. We are not suppose to pay for sign language interpreters. In public services, they have to pay for it when it is an emergency or need help when we could not afford it ourselves as we are not rich.

i never heard of children being taken away from deaf parents,reminds me of welsh last century welsh langage banned or american indians australian aborigeny all native langage banned
i not a terp but have been used at local police station communicate it just happened as a by product of something i was doing at the time in police station.Unpaid.but for court or something serious a qualified terp be used but may wait long time...what upset me the guy i was signing with done nothing wrong he scared someone in a big shop he was frustrated and shouting loud no one understood him made difficult cos he was greek,we got his parents down only to discover they spoke little english and no bsl...ended up getting his brother who was two hours away....poor man had commited no crime...it was one worse handled case i ever seen but not uncommon.i had another guy not deaf but had voice problems he did bsl but as back up rather than as langage again it was frustration with member of public i was bit surpples to his need but i helped a bit.
you talk about spelling mine is awful,i have hand problems and to re-do mistake is painful i dont know how spell checker work i got dylexia /dyspractia pointless trying dont know if i looking at right thing or not

Back