Angry Life!

I don't waste my time and energy being angry at somebody I don't know, especially if nothing happened. What is the point? If someone wants to be angry at me, I just take out my HA and let them bark their anger to a brick wall...

^ Thank goodness, I can't hear their swearing and cussing! :lol:

I dont allow people to monopolize my thoughts by hating them. I also taught my three children that physical violence and abuse doesn't SOLVE anything. I think that if people would speak up about their problems to boost their self-esteem then there wouldn't be any violence?...:dunno:

I am usually not angry nor frustrated in my life so no worries there. Yes, I do have my bad days and I try not to take it out on others.

I think it has to do with the food they eat - don't take care of themselves very well -- IMO.

Important to keep people to stay sane : Sleep 8 hours, eat right food ( healthy ), exercising, relaxing at someplace where there's no stress or pressure environment, drink a glass of wine per day, take a vacation 2xs a year if possible, give spouses/lovers/wife-husband some spaces..... each person needs a room to BREATHE in and out and TAKE IT EASY at one time a day. Put that " worry " at bay.... otherwise, that " worry " will make you old fast!

I've noticed that a lot of people nowadays have shorter temper than in the past. :roll:

I thought the 90s grunge was the anger decade! LOL I'm sure everyone will get ticked off every now and then. I just rechannel this extra energy for more mind blowing workouts or burning the midnight oil. I actually use it as a spark in the @$$ to get things done. LOL

There is a very interesting and famous rat experiment performed by Dr. Calhoun in 1958 on overcrowding theory.

In a barn in Rockville, Maryland - he designed a series of experiments in which rat populations could build up freely under conditions that would permit detailed observations without humans influencing the behavior of the rats relating to each other. Calhoun built four pens, each with all the accoutrements for normal rat life and divided by electrified partitions. Initially, eight infant rats were placed in each pen, and when they reached maturity, Calhoun installed ramps between each pen. At that point, the experiment took its own course in terms of the effects of population growth in a limited area.

Normally, rats have a fairly simple form of social organization, characterized by groups of 10-12 hierarchically ranked rats defending their common territory. There is usually one male dominating the group, and status is indicated by the amount of territory open to an individual. As Calhoun's rat population grew from the original 32 to 60, one dominant male took over each of the two end pens and established harems of 8-10 females. The remaining rats were congregated in the two middle pens, where problems developed over congestion at the feeding hoppers. As the population grew from 60 to 80, behavior patterns developed into what Calhoun called a "behavioral sink" - gross distortions of behavior resulting from animal crowding. Behavior remained fairly normal in the two end pens, where each dominant male defended his territory by sleeping at the end of the ramp, but in the two middle pens there were severe changes in sexual, nesting, and territorial behavior. Some of the males became sexually passive; others became sexually hyperactive, chasing females mercilessly; and still another group of males was observed mounting other males, as well as females. Females became disorganized in their nesting habits, building very poor nests, getting litters mixed up, and losing track of their young. Infant mortality rose significantly. Finally, males appeared to alter their concept of territoriality, and three times a day, the males fought at the eating bin.

Conclusion - Calhoun's study can be summarized by noting that, among his rats, crowding (an increase in the number of rats within a fixed amount of space) led to the disruption of important social functions and to social disornigazation. Releated to these changes in social behavior were signs of physiological stress, such as changes in their hormonal systems that made it difficult for females to bring pregnancies to term and care for their young.

There are 3 more pages talking about overcrowding and behavioral change. Very fascinating.... This was my Urban Study class. The textbook's called Population - An Introduction to Concepts and Issues - EXCELLENT book to read. I have read cover-to-cover twice and the professor for this class is very brilliant.

414p51urreL._SS500_.jpg

It is rare that I would get angry over something.

When I lived in the Atlanta area, I would get angry while stuck in traffic. I didn't give the middle fingers or anything, just verbally. I had decided to be patient and not let things get to me. Nowadays you have to be very careful not to cross lines with other people - they may have weapons with them.

I think it's a lot of people are so into the modernized things and the overload is overwhelming whether it's the work load, lifestyle, so and on. The to-do list is getting longer and longer. It becomes too much and it is more than what we can handle on a daily basis. Of course, that leads to stress and people get angry or blow up over one little incident.

For instance, 2 years ago I was on a shopping spree (and that was on a Black Friday), the stores were packed to all no ends. My aunt was with me and she overheard a woman was talking about how she saw 2 people were fighting over the portable DVD player (It was the last one on the shelf). The woman ended up biting another lady and ended up having to be taken to the hospital. I mean, Just how far was this necessary to the point where biting and violence has to be involved?

The overcrowding theory sounds interesting. At times, we would want to have our space and to have a breather. In that case, when we don't get our space - things becomes more tense or rather dense. In the end, people are losing the bigger picture and they're losing track of the original purpose of why they got angry in the first place.

I think it's a lot of people are so into the modernized things and the overload is overwhelming whether it's the work load, lifestyle, so and on. The to-do list is getting longer and longer. It becomes too much and it is more than what we can handle on a daily basis. Of course, that leads to stress and people get angry or blow up over one little incident.

For instance, 2 years ago I was on a shopping spree (and that was on a Black Friday), the stores were packed to all no ends. My aunt was with me and she overheard a woman was talking about how she saw 2 people were fighting over the portable DVD player (It was the last one on the shelf). The woman ended up biting another lady and ended up having to be taken to the hospital. I mean, Just how far was this necessary to the point where biting and violence has to be involved?

The overcrowding theory sounds interesting. At times, we would want to have our space and to have a breather. In that case, when we don't get our space - things becomes more tense or rather dense. In the end, people are losing the bigger picture and they're losing track of the original purpose of why they got angry in the first place.
I guess I'm a bit like the Vulcans... I control my emotions to a certain extent. :)

I guess I'm a bit like the Vulcans... I control my emotions to a certain extent. :)

I can understand that. I, too, also control my emotions to a certain extent. I'm not saying it's never easy because it isn't. There are times that I will get angry or blow a gasket.

Some of the time, emotions usually overcomes everything and in the end, people let the emotions take over. Sure, it's ok to be angry from time to time but to a point, it should not take control.

I have to say I agree with some of the post about learning to control your emotions that you have inside of you without blowing huge temper. It okay to be angery from time to time for a good reasons. But we also have to learn to control it without taking it on someone can hurt them too. Don't be too angery all the time, because it not healthy.

I definately do not get as angry with others as I do with myself. I have severe weakness with being overcritical of myself when I make mistakes. I have easy going perception with others' weaknesses, but I have difficult time accepting my mistakes and moving on to other things. I see psychologist to try and learn tools to overcome anger and "abuse" of myself

Back