"Angry Birds" game

Wirelessly posted (Samsung Captivate (i897))

The Highlander said:
35lgrqu.gif

Lol, thats hilarious. That bird isnt the right one...not magical one haha.

wow, new update on Angry Bird, the original version, they add 45 more stages to play o_o

3 trillion pigs down, Angry Birds keeps thriving

NEW YORK – The slaughter of some 3 trillion pigs is the kind of thing that's usually met with outrage.

But Angry Birds, the extremely popular smart phone app, is a pop culture sensation, addicting mobile users at a rate nearly as impressive as the body count that its animated slingshot birds are racking up against their swine enemy.

Some 12 million copies of the 99-cent version of Angry Birds have been downloaded, with another 30 million downloads of its free app, which makes money through advertising. Peter Vesterbacka, head of development in North America for Rovio, the Finnish maker of Angry Birds, says the iPhone version of the game accounts for 65 million minutes of playtime every day — a total, he notes, that rivals the daily U.S. prime-time TV audience.

Even those who don't have an iPad or touch-screen phone have likely noticed the Angry Birds infestation by peering over the shoulder of an entranced subway rider or handing out candy on Halloween to a toddler decked out as a curiously irritated avian creature.

At a time when few TV shows, movies or albums are able to puncture the increasingly diffuse world of pop culture, a quirky little mobile phone game has become a widespread hit. And its universe is rapidly expanding.

On Saturday, the Angry Birds flock will be palpable. The one-year anniversary of the game's debut has been dubbed "Angry Birds Day." Around the world, hundreds of people are planning to congregate to celebrate their fondness for a silly diversion where birds do ceaseless battle with pigs.

"It's grown to the point where enough people know what it is and have played it. People talk about it. It's a common point of social interaction," says Thomas Way, associate professor of computing sciences at Villanova University. "It fulfills some kind of pleasure center in our brain. These days, we're going through tough times economically. There's this need for an outlet."

Though seemingly innocuous, Angry Birds has a subtle importance, Way believes. Like the game Pong did for computers, he sees Angry Birds as greasing the wheels for mobile technology.

"We are where we are technologically because of games and the games industry," says Way. "They've been the driving force behind technological development."

Rovio, the company behind Angry Birds, was founded in 2003 by three Finnish technology students — Niklas Hed, Jarno Vakevainen and Kim Dikert — who are interested in mobile gaming. They've since released more than 30 games, but none are as successful as Angry Birds.

Angry Birds began with a kind of mock-up by Rovio game designer Jaakko Iisalo. The company liked his round, cross-eyed bird characters and decided to build a game around them.

CEO Mikael Hed knew they had something special when, before the game was released, his cousin Niklas' mother became so intrigued, she played it for an hour, delaying her planned dinner party.

"We never dared to hope that it would do so well," says Mikael Hed.

Hed believes a number of qualities have led to Angry Birds' success. It's colorful and soothing and easily understood. It's a physics-based game, so movements are consistent. It's playable in short durations, with dozens of brief levels. Mastering a level wins you three stars, but users can beat a level with less than perfection — just one or two stars.

"You don't have to be very good to feel good about the game," says Hed. "People love those characters and the Angry Birds world and the sounds that they make."

It's won some famous fans, too. Before his TBS show debuted, Conan O'Brien made a Web video where he bragged of reaching an early level. On the "Late Late Show," actor Jon Hamm recommended the game to Craig Ferguson: "Get ready to waste some time, my friend." Even author Salman Rushdie has said he's "something of a master" at the game.

More than 2.3 million people have watched the YouTube video "Angry Birds Peace Treaty," a live-action sketch where a lawyer tries to broker a truce between the birds and the pigs, whose antagonism is based on the pigs stealing the birds' eggs. (As Hamm wryly noted of the game's narrative: "It makes perfect sense.")

Following a seasonal Halloween version of the game, a Christmas Angry Birds has been released, with each level opened like a day on an advent calendar. (The pigs, who wear various protective headgear, don Santa hats in this version.)

An Angry Birds 2 is due soon. It's moving to consoles like the Wii, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Rovio is also looking into making it available on Windows, the Chrome browser and Facebook. Plush toys of the birds have been released and are selling months ahead of inventory. Rovio now has 40 employees and is hiring more.

Rovio is also contemplating expansion into TV and film. Hed says he's spent a large amount of time "exploring these areas."

"There's a lot more Angry Birds," he says.

On Saturday, Angry Birds fans will dress up like their favorite characters and share in their mutual addiction.

"The game itself is played in a very solitary way," says Chris Blechschmidt, a Meetup.com "evangelist" who organized the event with Rovio. "It's an independent game: Play by yourself, block out everything else in the world when you play it, literally designed to make you ignore everything else in your life."

But, Blechschmidt says, people are proud of their connection to the "cheerfulness and frivolity of the game."

"People are latching on to the idea that something can come from nothing."

Rovio - Home

I already retired original Angry Birds and Halloween edition. I already beat all levels and got 3 stars in full levels of stages. I got 17 golden eggs. I completed 3 stars each level in Angry birds Christmas edition 1-10. I am PRO! :)

Now Angry Birds for Windows PC and Mac OS is out so far in 2011. I have Angry Birds on my Mac desktop computer. It's unsual to see it on a huge 20" widescreen monitor. :lol:

It looks like Rovio will have to change their name because they're making games for different platforms...not only mobile devices.

I have an Angry Bird Tshirt with the saying,

"Flip the bird."

Did you guys know that Playstation 3 have that game Angry Bird? It was release in Playstation store like 3 weeks ago. I purchased and downloaded for $3.99. Yes it's really good game!

I clicked and couldn't figure out where I can be playing game?? :confused:

Off topic... Seq.. I like your avatar! :thumb:

Christer said:
Did you guys know that Playstation 3 have that game Angry Bird? It was release in Playstation store like 3 weeks ago. I purchased and downloaded for $3.99. Yes it's really good game!

No, I didnt know that. Cool, though.

Phillips said:
I clicked and couldn't figure out where I can be playing game?? :confused:

Off topic... Seq.. I like your avatar! :thumb:

Thanks!

What kind of trouble are you at rght now?

Check this out!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7gIpfrQdAI]YouTube - Angry Birds Rio Trailer[/ame]

I was playing while i was waiting to see my audiologist and some guy in the waiting room.. looked really pissed at me and asked me if i had ear plugs for my phone . I said nooooo. and he said well its getting on my nerves i'm trying to watch TV and read the paper... And i said wellll this is the place for people who can't hear... duh.... From what I am told it is really high pitch and i only have bass in what little hearing i do have.... the way the guy acted pissed me off so I just kept right on playing... I usually don't act that way .. but he really got to me that day...

<----addicted to angry birds hd on my ipad. Right now im on level 3-7 on the first episode.

Sometimes when some levels seem so impossible ...time to toss in a can of sardines and booom! The mighty eagle shows up but once i get successful with the eagle i have to wait an hour til he shows up. I only use the eagle as last resort after perhaps too many tries to knock the pigs down.

Now im looking forward to angry birds rio cause i saw the trailer for the movie and it was that so damn funny.

Its so addictive i ignored playing the 360 lol....

Angry birds reminds me of the 3 little pigs and the wolf tale....

I am playing angry birds winter games and there is one level I can not get past. I am convinced the game is unwinable and cheating

Is this computer online game or just video tv? :confused:

It's not online game....Those Angry Birds game are for Mac OS X, Windows desktop versions and Symbain OS, Android, Web OS and Android OS for mobile phones. You can download it from an app store on any of those device you have because I don't know what you have.

The video is just about the game itself....

They recently updated Angry Birds for Android which adds Wild West theme levels and a link to super bowl clip of Rio and Angry Birds tomorrow, I think.

Back