Android app to caption remote access of home answering machine???

podiecat

Reaction score
Is this too much to ask for? I have an answering machine for my CaptionCall phone to caption the messages. I did not get Fairpoint voicemail because that company has been beyond frustrating to deal with. With the new answering machine I can dial a number, hopefully with text plus, and get my messages. No way I can hear them so was hoping there is an Android App that can do that.

I don't think there's any android app that lets you remotely access your home phone voicemail captioned yet, as of this moment.

Maybe you could send the suggestion to CaptionCall?

The only android app that I'm aware of that lets you transcribe voicemail is Google's Voice app, but it is automated transcribing through software.

Thanks, Naisho.

So are you saying that Google Voice captioning is super bad? I was wondering about Google voice anyway.

Thanks...

There are several apps. I use PhoneFusion's human unlimited text messages for around $15 or so a month. All voicemail gets transcribed. They have a cheap $1.99 version but that's automated and not very correct. Search voicemail to text in your market app. Whichever app you choose, get the option that has a human transcribe.

Google Voice is not perfect, it can be pretty bad. It's what you get for free.

I've never tried the paid ones, if you check the app reviews they should tell you how people feel about it.

I know for some home phone carriers (Verizon, Comcast) they let you play your home phone voicemail through their websites, but having them CC'ed I've yet to see that. Nitro's recommendation of PhoneFusion seems interesting, it's a one-in-all-voicebox that you can set up for your home and cell phone that is transcribed by humans.

Thanks, All.

PhoneFusion did look good but way too expensive for the extremely few calls I get. I try to use only email or Text+. I did see the pay-by-message with PhoneFusion which looks expensive but may work out to be a good fit for the very few I have.

Back