Analog Hearing Aids

LOL I had the one your grandpa wears but mine was an FM system which I wore when I was little!

most digitals have feedback cancellation of some sort, which analogs do not have. Naida's feedback control is loads better than Supero's.. My supero feedbacks all the time, no matter what, but the Naida hardly ever feedbacks (only when earmold is loose is when I notice the feedback). Can't even put anything close to my ear with the Supero, ugh.

I had analogs when I was a kid (got my first digital when I was in 9th grade). Both work fine, but I do prefer digital because of the technology available to cancel out feedback, reduce background noise in noisy settings, etc, and things just sound more clearer to me. With the analog, EVERYTHING is amplified, no matter what and it's just more frustrating for me.

that's great Alleycat!
wonder what color earmold you're getting :) be cafeful not to get full colored ones or else there's an allergic reaction coming in! *I have that problem and now I'm known as the one with a specfic earmold allergy*

I will probably get clear earmolds like I always have. I'm not as adventurous as some of you :) (I mean that in a good way!)

as for next HA, is probably go for Unitron analog can get them, and i swear the half the tinnitus i have was due to the digital aids...

The funny thing is that for some reason, I think I hear the feedback better when it's coming from a digital. Whereas when I was wearing the analog, I often had to be told by others that "your hearing aid is whistling".

The funny thing is that for some reason, I think I hear the feedback better when it's coming from a digital. Whereas when I was wearing the analog, I often had to be told by others that "your hearing aid is whistling".

Same here. I just say I'm wanted in surgery and then leave.

I have always had digital and I am getting an analog. I have an analog loaner and I gotta say if you have a sloping hearing loss like I do the sounds that you hear better prepare to be blasted when they come. I prefer digital because then they can lower the volume on certain sounds and turn up the volume on my lower sounds(speech). Then I don't get blasted but in order for me to hear speech comfy on an analog I need to turn it up and like I said get blasted in the other tones. If you have a pretty much level hearing loss I think they would be best. But then again I am no AUDI! Just my opinion.

Ha. Although I often get told "your hearing aid is whistling" by well meaning friends or relatives.

I get the
"what the hell is that?" and then a few minutes later I am like "wait a minute,,,wait a minute it is probably me!!" After all this time you think they would catch on! lol

I get the
"what the hell is that?" and then a few minutes later I am like "wait a minute,,,wait a minute it is probably me!!" After all this time you think they would catch on! lol
Yes, I did get some of that "what the hell is that?" especially from those that just met me. :)

The conventional analog hearing aids is the cheapest and the simplest or all. They only offer the essential purposes that you would relate with a hearing aid. Programmable analog hearing aids have many more features to offer the user. They are actually very similar to digital hearing aids because they also contain a microchip to program required options and settings fit to a patient. I would still keep wearing them forever if it wasn't for the feedback problem.

Back