American Express

authentic

Reaction score
I just got mail from American Express Green Card. I am so tempting to get one, because I have paid off and close two other credit cards recently, and I am completely debt-free. Any of you is AE member? Any opinions? Does everyone can get American Express or those who have a high credit score can get it ? :D

I'm an Amex Gold member. My credit score wasn't that great when I first got my Amex card years ago (now it is), and I don't know if it's as easy to get one nowadays.

I try to use the card for business purchases only. I don't know about the green card, but I have to pay in full every month with my gold card. They have this flexible payment plan, but they're very picky from my own experience. :dunno:

Overall, I'm very satisfied with American Express. Their customer service is great. And I get a bunch of perks, considering I pay a yearly fee of only $125.

I just got mail from American Express Green Card. I am so tempting to get one, because I have paid off and close two other credit cards recently, and I am completely debt-free. Any of you is AE member? Any opinions? Does everyone can get American Express or those who have a high credit score can get it ? :D

it's got membership fee that you're required to pay

I am an American Express Green member for many years. My credit score was excellent, which still is. I pay them a yearly fee of only $55. For example: When I purchased a new car, I was using my Amex Express card, when they sent me a bill and I MUST paid them in full. No payments. I am using it all the time since then because I am satisfied with their customer service and also, because of the protection.

it's got membership fee that you're required to pay

I'm a member of Costco and I get American Express for free. It's a nice credit card to carry with me though due to the rewards and such.

I am an American Express Green member for many years. My credit score was excellent, which still is. I pay them a yearly fee of only $55. For example: When I purchased a new car, I was using my Amex Express card, when they sent me a bill and I MUST paid them in full. No payments. I am using it all the time since then because I am satisfied with their customer service and also, because of the protection.

Did you say you purchased a new car with your Amex card and then paid it off in full when the bill came?

I'm a member of Costco and I get American Express for free. It's a nice credit card to carry with me though due to the rewards and such.
I like the design on their Amex cards. I'm also a Costco member but I had to turn down their Amex card offer. I've got 4 credit cards already and I think that's more than enough. :eek3:

My amex card is linked to Visa card, so I have two to use.

authentic, if you think this amex green provides good benefits and decent interest rate then go for it.

I use AE and have a card without annual fees. The one drawback is that AE charges the seller a higher fee (3%, if I'm not mistaken) for accepting and using their card than MC or Visa. A few places I go won't accept AE (especially for big purchases) because of those fees.

I like the design on their Amex cards. I'm also a Costco member but I had to turn down their Amex card offer. I've got 4 credit cards already and I think that's more than enough. :eek3:

Good thinking. Having too many credit cards can have a negative impact on your credit rating.

I only have two types of credit cards and that's enough for me.

All I have is a debit card and that's all I need. Why take my chances on ruining my credit with a credit card? My theory is you should SAVE up for those big purchases. Also if you don't have the money for it at that time, you probably don't need it.

I get credit card offers in the mail all the time, but I always turn them down because in the fine print the rate usually jumps from 10% to around 20% or more after six months.

All I have is a debit card and that's all I need. Why take my chances on ruining my credit with a credit card? My theory is you should SAVE up for those big purchases. Also if you don't have the money for it at that time, you probably don't need it.

I get credit card offers in the mail all the time, but I always turn them down because in the fine print the rate usually jumps from 10% to around 20% or more after six months.

I agree....paid off/cut up all my credit cards years ago. I use my VISA Debit card for purchases. I'm still leery of this economy!....I won't get into debt for anything....

I've had credit cards for the last 8 years or more and I'm still debt-free. It's all about being fiscally responsible that makes the difference. I use the credit cards for their rewards. I always make sure to pay them in full instead of in instalments.

I had AmEx, M/C and Visa at various points. Once I knew that I would not be making as much money as before, I cut them up, paid off the bills and got rid of the, AmEx was the first. I thought it odd that my kids each got "pre-approved" for the Gold Plus card once they were born. Here my daughter was 5 days old and the first offer was in the mail.

I personally think visa or mastercard is a better choice at is accepted at more places around the world than any other type of credit card...visa mastercard or amex is used here as well but some ppl have discover and its useless because no one will take discover payments..some won't even take amex just my two cents from a pov of someone who works in a bank

I say Mastercard or Visa with a reward program is better. Pay your balance each month and get free stuff just for paying your daily living expenses with the card.

Back