Amber Alert!

Berry

Reaction score
Anyone involved in the Deaf community in northern California probably knows, or knows of, my daughter Bobbie Holcraft. If you know Henry, known also as Chico, the answer is "No" I am not he.

This morning Bobbie's daughter went to pick up her daughter Orija (pronounced Oh-RYE-uh) from the child's father. The father, Josh, his girlfriend, and Orija had apparently moved out. This is my great grand daughter, Bobbie's grand daughter.

We believe the father and his girlfriend have Orija but we have no proof of that so anything could be true. Needless to say our entire family is worried. We believe the most likely places for her to be would be around California or Nevada, but once again we don't really know.

Here is the only picture I figured out how to get from my cell phone to the computer.

View attachment 13762

If you see her please contact the police.

Last edited:
I no more put the post up than the father called the police.

Apparently the baby is safe.. and the father now wants to go through legal channels to keep the baby.

We have been all day worrying about this and couldn't post until the police made an amber alert official.

The police will check on her, but I guess we can't see her until a judge gets involved.

It is nice to know she is safe, even if we can't see her right away.

Thank you.

I am sorry this is happening in your family, Berry. I hope it works out okay.

He has her. As soon as the amber alert came out he called the police and told them he did not "take" her, he is suing for full custody. As neither parent has legal custody and she was in his care they are going to make certain she is well cared for and let a judge sort it out.

Nor do we know exactly where she is.

It is kind of messed up to my mind, but at least we know she is safe.

He has her. As soon as the amber alert came out he called the police and told them he did not "take" her, he is suing for full custody. As neither parent has legal custody and she was in his care they are going to make certain she is well cared for and let a judge sort it out.

Nor do we know exactly where she is.

It is kind of messed up to my mind, but at least we know she is safe.

Yup. Both parents have legal rights, until primary custody is established.

He will not win custody like that. The judges really look down people that disrupts a child's life. Taking a child from one parent, and running with the kid.

Make sure the child protection services get involves. To insure her safety with her father and the "girlfriend"

I am sorry this is happening in your family, Berry. I hope it works out okay

These things are always rough emotionally. The last time a grand child of mine was abducted by a father it was two years before we saw her again. That is a long time to not know if someone you love is alive or dead.

Yup. Both parents have legal rights, until primary custody is established.

He will not win custody like that. The judges really look down people that disrupts a child's life. Taking a child from one parent, and running with the kid.

Make sure the child protection services get involves. To insure her safety with her father and the "girlfriend"

Am contacting my daughter and grand daughter with that info as we speak.

I knew someone that took their son away from his mother. Because the same situation.

The judge threw the book at him and he did not win custody! Because he had him for several months, and did not allow him to see his mother. The day of court the judge made him go to his sons school, pick him up, and return him to his mother.

He gets visitations that is it.. Every other weekend.

Oh my gosh! How scary! I am so thankful that she is alright. Poor thing!

I knew someone that took their son away from his mother. Because the same situation.

The judge threw the book at him and he did not win custody! Because he had him for several months, and did not allow him to see his mother. The day of court the judge made him go to his sons school, pick him up, and return him to his mother.

He gets visitations that is it.. Every other weekend

I don't know all of the details but until this happened they seemed to have a very lax and workable agreement that allowed both parents to have the child as much and as often as they wanted.

Whatever happens in the future I am sure it will be controlled by judges rulings and police enforcement, not relaxed goodwill.

Very sad.

That must be real scary for yu to go through! I am glad she is all right ...... I pray that yu will have the chance to see yur granddaughter again and for yur daughter to get her back !

I am glad to hear your great grand-daughter is safe. Its common when parents go through a custody battle this sort of things happen in those custody situations. When the judge has his/her say so, things will change and the girl will be granted back.

I am glad your grandaughter is safe and sound but I am sorry she has to suffer this by not allow to see you and her mom.

Thank you, everyone for your well wishes.

Like many things it was a lot of worry and fear that turned into nothing....

But I am afraid there is a lot of anger now that won't go away easily.

Thank you again.

I hope you and your family will get the child back - it was terrible of the father and his girlfriend to take the child when they moved out without notifying you or the mother at all about anything, it must have created a lot of worry which would have not happen had the father made a simple phone call to the mother to let her know that they would be moving and to where and the address and stuff. I believe, even though the father is suing for full custody, the mother still has the right to at least know the address of where the child is now living at and maybe even to visit the child to make she is okay. Berry, I suggest that your family get a lawyer and get the CPS involved. Good luck, and I hope you will see the child again very soon and that you all will get full custody.

Okay, don't know all the details. I have not seen her yet, but my daughter tells me Orija is back with her mommy. I'm very happy she is safe. I'm glad the uncertainty did not continue, have been through that before and it was no fun.

Thank you everyone for your concern and well wishes.

Back