Am I the only one?

saywhatkid

Huked on fonix werx!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just noticed a column of ads on the right side of the page. It is a bit annoying since it scrunches the page. Is it just my browser, or are others seeing the same thing?

Don't see 'em, SWK...then of course my vision ain't the greatest!...

Are you seeing "little black spots" floating around too?..."Call Bob!...Call Bob"!

Just top and bottom. No ads at the side yet.

Sometimes they make me laugh. Like right now I just saw an ad for AC/DC on iTunes.....on a deaf site. okay

Just noticed a column of ads on the right side of the page. It is a bit annoying since it scrunches the page. Is it just my browser, or are others seeing the same thing?

Maybe your browser setting?

Laura

Yes, you are the only one....

It is possible that your browser has been compromised. Do you use Firefox? Their @dblock plugin is awesome.

Last edited:
I see links to resources on the top of the forum, but otherwise, no ads..

Mine's the top. I will look at it again if its on the right side.

yeah it is annoying.

Did the OP get to resolve the issue?
Yes, after doing some digging. Seems that there was "Yontoo" extension added by someone here. Might have been kids playing games at one of their websites. Usually, they are limited to the more restricted child user profile I have created, but they might have used the Admin one I use, if I forgot to close it.

Anyhow, problem flushed! :wave:

yeah, on home page, you will see on top, side and bottom. on forum page, you will see it on top and bottom. Yes sometime it get annoying. You will get your AD show up if you order anything like from Amazon, it created a cookies on your computer then it will advertise your recent orders. When I order FitBit for my wife, on the side, it suddenly show all the different prices on FitBit...I was like OH SHIT!! That FitBit is for my wife birthday!!! I don't want anything show up on the Screen. So, what I did, I deleted all the cookies. Finally it went back to normal ads. Then my wife order Dell XPS 12 convertable laptop for x-mas gift (for me!!). Then it suddenly advertise here on ALL deaf... I yelled at my wife..."DID YOU ORDER NEW COMPUTER FOR ME!!!" She jump in "HOW DID YOU KNOW!!!!!" I pointed out to her on ALLDeaf ads showing "DELL 3 Days of DEALS!! blah blah" Yes, I'm the scrooge...<grin> Then caught her red handed on her e-mail showing her order from Dell. She was pissed because she want a SURPRISE!!! She blew it for the 3rd times.

Back