Am I a free loader or was rent paid for?

dereksbicycles

Reaction score
Let's say that I'm living with you in your house. We agreed that my share of rent will be $300.

I pay you $300 for my rent. A week later I asked for and received a loan of $300 from you. I've not paid the loan back.

Would you count me as a freeloader?

Let's say that I'm living with you in your house. We agreed that my share of rent will be $300.

I pay you $300 for my rent. A week later I asked for and received a loan of $300 from you. I've not paid the loan back.

What was the agreement , $300 per week or month and does it include
utilities bills etc?

$300 for everything every month.

If anyone gave you a $300 loan a week later they were an idiot if they didn't put something in written . I think it really depend on what kind of agreements were made , that loan was separate from the rent and by the first of the month you had to pay $600, $300 for rent and $300 for the loan. If you don't pay the $600 yeah you're free loader and if you're thinking of doing to this , have it in writing and a receipt for the $300 .

If I paid someone rent of $300 than very quickly borrowed $300 from them it would be like I never paid that months rent.

If I paid someone rent of $300 than very quickly borrowed $300 from them it would be like I never paid that months rent.

That is true , but I think it would depend on what kind of agreement was made . Of course I would never give out a $300 loan the next week but I guess so poor fool would.

If you paid $300 for the months rent, then borrowed $300 for a small loan.... Did you pay the following months rent of $300 or no? Now you own $900

I'd consider that second 300 a loan and separate from the rent. Therefore the person will still owe that 300 whether or not they continue to pay rent. I would become suspicious though if they use THAT to pay the next month's rent and keeps up with rent but never paying back the loan.

Consider adding interest on the 300$ loan if they don't pay it back by a certain date.

I'd consider that second 300 a loan and separate from the rent. Therefore the person will still owe that 300 whether or not they continue to pay rent. I would become suspicious though if they use THAT to pay the next month's rent and keeps up with rent but never paying back the loan.

Consider adding interest on the 300$ loan if they don't pay it back by a certain date.

I agree with you, however, if you consider adding interest after the loan was given...does this not change the verbal contract of the loan itself?
Asking or giving loans to a roommate is a bad idea. It mixes too many lines that are hard to manage and can make things messy.
I would not do it, if it is a done deal... Then this is a moot point and would say it is a seperate issue and not really being a freeloader until the next month is due... If the loan is not paid by then I would reconsider the freeloader lable...

I agree with you, however, if you consider adding interest after the loan was given...does this not change the verbal contract of the loan itself?
Asking or giving loans to a roommate is a bad idea. It mixes too many lines that are hard to manage and can make things messy.
I would not do it, if it is a done deal... Then this is a moot point and would say it is a seperate issue and not really being a freeloader until the next month is due... If the loan is not paid by then I would reconsider the freeloader lable...
True... if there was a verbal contract (I'm not sure exactly what was said between them and most times people won't or can't remember what was said between them as it is). But yes-- that's why I'd say 'consider'; it's not something I'd do and I've never bothered to either- it just gets too messy in the end (verbal or written).

Depends upon when the person said he would repay the loan....the $300 to begin with was for the rent....not the loan. and if he didn't pay the loan back when he said he would...then I'd throw his butt out the door...

And no way would I loan $300 to anyone until I got a written IOU....

You confused me.you are borrowing 300 from person you paying rent...I could ask for 600 next month.seems bit pointless,but love to know how get 300 rent that cheap.

Depends upon when the person said he would repay the loan....the $300 to begin with was for the rent....not the loan. and if he didn't pay the loan back when he said he would...then I'd throw his butt out the door...

And no way would I loan $300 to anyone until I got a written IOU....

Yeah I said this too, it depend on what kind of agreement both parties made and if the a person gave out the loan and got nothing in writing they were a fool . I do have admit this a clever thing to try .

Id say, Here take this $10, go to the store and get me a sammich, soda and bag of chips. After they leave, change the locks. When they return act like you have no clue who they are and why they are there... and sit down and watch TV.

If u pay my rent 300 and loan 300 from me then no u not freeloader if u intentionally going pay back. If u not pay back or not bartered then I kick u out and i call u freeloader that u don't want to owe back. U wanting live my home for free. That's Freeloader.

Did someone actually do this to you , I am wondering why you're asking this question .

Who is the I in this story, you or your room mate? I think we've heard about this room mate before. When are you going to kick the person out, Derek? They are freeloading. And don't lend money to anyone!

Who is the I in this story, you or your room mate? I think we've heard about this room mate before. When are you going to kick the person out, Derek? They are freeloading. And don't lend money to anyone!

No. He trying say u are owner and u charge him 300 for rent. Week later. He come to u and ask u lend him 300. Will u call him a freeloader?

Back