Already

JKB315

Reaction score
I was asked by the guy at the hardware store if that (CI) was a bluetooth. Then he said something about how he couldn't figure out how they worked. Before I could explain, his coworker jumped in and gave a lecture to him on Bluetooths and how they work. :roll: I let the idiots keep talking, paid for my stuff and left. With some people it's pointless trying to explain. :laugh2:

Ha, I get this almost every time i had my hair in pony tail! people look at my ear curiously... and asked the same question everytime.. is that blue tooth? I said no it's hearing device to help with my hearing since i was profound deaf then they contiune with questions like how come you speak so well or I am so sorry that you lost your hearing, i go like No, i never lost my hearing... I was born like this then it goes on and on. They never bother if i wore hearing aids!!

CI now have colors that are not of hair colors, so they now look more like some phone device--bluetooth. I guess that's why they confuse CI with bluetooth.

CI now have colors that are not of hair colors, so they now look more like some phone device--bluetooth. I guess that's why they confuse CI with bluetooth.

That is true, but I had the same comments for my old ha, and it is boring light brown. It is technology, and with almost everyone tuned in to the cell phone craze, that is the first thing that comes to peoples minds.

I have black/brown hair and my CI is black. This same guy has waited on me at that store in September when I had hearing aids and hardly heard him. So he's not very bright to think I walked in with a bluetooth and hear fine 3 months later. lol

Either way it was amusing for me. :)

i've had the same thing happen to me a number of times (where people have confused my ci's for a bluetooth headset). when i explain that i'm deafblind and my ci's are designed to help me hear, suddenly a light bulb goes off in their heads and they put 2 and 2 together.

My hair's brown and my ci is brown! hardly noticeable, my HA's was beige and grey also they are more noticeable. umm...

Back