Alpha Centuri

HorseRace

Reaction score
what do you think of that place?

to me, it is pretty interesting topic now..

there are three stars togethers..
but two stars are big as our sun size.. one was dwarf..

the dwarf is far away from two stars..

those star is sun .. just like our own sun

image, if our voyager 1 or 2.. go to Alpha then it will take 73,000 years!
bec it is 4.3 light years! wow that far!

right now our nasa or space people who studies.. they are study on alpha centuri!!!! they said it possilbe has planets there.. but not yet prove..
so they are working on it!

whoa! what a news!
so what do you think?

right now our nasa or space people who studies.. they are study on alpha centuri!!!! they said it possilbe has planets there.. but not yet prove..

whoa! what a news!
so what do you think?

There are so many stars out there, its very likely a good number of them has planet formations around them. Alpha Centuri is significant to us because of its distance I think. Most of other systems are so far away from us even if we develop technologies for faster travels , we still couldnt reach them.

If there is any life in Alpha Centuri system, they would be the most likely candidates for making any contact. Yes you are right, its exciting :)

whoa! what a news!
so what do you think?
I do believe there is life exist beyond those stars.

yup there are over 300 "found" planets out there! right now it is about 250 for confirmed planets found... so they will let us know more on rest of it..

yes it exciting!

We need to have a warp speed technology so it will cut our space travel time greatly.

Here's a picture from Celestia of the sun as seen from within the solar system:

Here is the sun in the center of the picture as seen from Alpha Centauri A. It'd have an apparent magnitude of 0.46. The bright star on the side and not in the first picture is Alpha Centauri B that is moving upwards in the picture as A and B orbit each other. You can see how the constellations are distorted if you flip between the two pictures. The fuzzy blob in the Andromeda constellation is the Andromeda galaxy. It doesn't appear to shift between the pictures because it's much further away than the stars, being another galaxy of stars.

Here's a picture of Sirius as seen from our solar system. It's two stars, Sirius A and Sirius B, the white dwarf, 8.6 light years away. It's the star with the brightest apparent magnitude in the sky as seen from here besides the sun. There are other stars that are truly brighter, but they're further away.

Here's Sirius as seen from Alpha Centauri. There's a lot of distortion of the Canis Major constellation because of how close Sirius is compared to the other stars. You can also see that Procyon, which is in Canis Minor as seen from Earth, is in Gemini as seen from Alpha Centauri.

With the constellation lines turned off, you can see that when looking at Sirius from Alpha Centauri, it looks like it's next to Betelgeuse, the red supergiant about 430 light years away in Orion.

Here is a picture I made comparing the sizes of the sun with the three Alpha Centauri stars as seen from 6 million kilometers from the centers of each of them. The one on the top left is the sun. A is on the top right, B on the lower left and C on the lower right. The sun and A are type G stars. B is type K and C is type M.

Here's another one from somewhere else.

Image:Alpha Centauri relative sizes.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here are the orbits of Alpha Centauri A and B around their center of mass.

Back