Aloha!

looney bin

Reaction score
Aloha all, I'm Rui from Honolulu, Hawaii.

I'm an ASL student at Kapi`olani community college

Nice to meet you all!

Aloha!! :welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I hope you enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. Have fun with us. By the way, are you Deaf like us or hearing? That is good that you are study ASL in your class at the community college. See you around. :wave:

Aloha! and :welcome: to AD! Great to have another Hawaiian joining us and enjoy! :)

Your ASL Course

Hi

What do you plan to do with your ASL skill? Do you want to be an interpreter or a teacher of the Deaf, (TOD) or what?

I am a TOD. I have worked in all three Deaf Ed settings

1. Itinerant teaching - travelling from school to school working 1 to 1 with mainstreamed students,
2. Teaching in self-contained classrooms - a Deaf Ed classroom in a public school with some mainstreaming options in that school
3. Teaching in a school for the deaf.

My favorite setting is the itinerant teaching, since there is a lot of variety and I really get to know my students indivdually. That what I have been doing on Maui.

Hi.

This is confusing to me. I am not seeing choices for replying to specific messages to me. I am used to having an inbox and checking messages to me and replying from there.

Aloha!
Susan

Please Help Me Figure This Out

Hi

I haven't used this type of a communication system before.

Are we able to reply specifically to one person or can we only reply to a whole topic/thread?

On Orkut I can reply to each individual person.

Thanks for any tips. I have no clue what I'm doing.

Well, here on the forum. You can not use the PM (Private Message) which is like e-mail. You have to reach 100 posts before you get your PM. Right now you only have less than one hundred. So you are stuck on the threads or you can have us e-mail to your e-mail address if you prefer until you got the 100 posts to start using the PM. It is frustrating but you learn something going on in AllDeaf here. I am learning from ADers and I am grateful for having them tell me what I should do or not to do. Alex make the rules here and the moderators help us get straighten out our problems with the forum. Just have fun and don't worry too much about it. See Ya. :wave:

Aloha, howzit cuz! Welcome! I'm an ASL student too, I'm beginner, when did you start? What do you plan to do? Talk to you later, a hui hou!

Back