Alligator's tails or ribs

Irish Devil Dog

Reaction score
Any of you tried taste Alligator's tails or ribs???

I love to eat the tails... It tastes like chicken yummie..

Ribs I do like eat it but ugh tooo many smallest piece of bones in it and have to chew longer and spitting the bones lol... I prefer the tails the most =D

:shock: I have never eaten an alligator before!
If I was offered a taste test, I might try it out though, but no ribs. I am not a rib person, as I hate eating off bones.
Why is it that everyone say that something tastes like chicken?! :laugh2: An alligator should taste like an alligator!

LOL I know what u mean.. But surely it does taste like chicken!! If u got offered by taste the tails.. Go for it!! =D

I taste once, not bad... popular is in Louisiana, I hear they serve that kind food.

Heard most restaurant have alligator meals in Florida. Now, I notice someone mention Louisiana, also. Hmmm I should try taste it someday.

Lasza, yeah I have many resturants near the beach that does serves seafood and alligator tails etc.

I heard about alligator food. I would like to try to eat tail someday.

yep.. I already tasted...alligator, snapper (snap turtle), shark, snake (i forgot what kind)..
:ugh: i know.. but they are good unless depends on cook..
my grandpa always cook anything.. gross but delicious.. :dunno: hes tricky! hehe

Originally posted by MsGiglz
snake (i forgot what kind)

Sound like Rattlesnake to me. Famous Rattlesnake as "meat" in Texas. So far I know one kind of snake for some ppl can eat.

:eek: but I love pork ribs but alligator's tails or ribs? never heard of it til now :roll:

Back