Allergies

But isnt albutoral an asthma medication? I'm sure it is?

It is the same medication that is usually used in "Breathing Treatments" or "Inhalers".

It is used for various reasons for allergies, bronchitis, pneumonia and/or asthma. It is mainly for all types of breathing difficulties. Helps to open up the air way that may be irritated from the above reasons.

It really sucks to read about your trouble with allergies, Hear Again! I've never had that kind of trouble when it comes to my allergies. I have a peanut allergy to which I am deathly allergic, so all I need is to carry around an EpiPen around with me just in case (but I rarely do because I take the necessary precautions, making sure something doesn't have any form of peanuts or peanut butter before I consume it). I'm also allergic to cats, as well as birch pollen, rag weed & grass. I find that I am never affected by the birch pollen. I assume that the pollen is usually what people are affected by at this time of year, but I've never really found myself affected by it.

My Daughter also carries an Epi Pen... She has severe allergies to shellfish and Iodine.

It is the same medication that is usually used in "Breathing Treatments" or "Inhalers".

It is used for various reasons for allergies, bronchitis, pneumonia and/or asthma. It is mainly for all types of breathing difficulties. Helps to open up the air way that may be irritated from the above reasons.

This is what my GP told me today after I called her to ask a question about how I can tell I'm out of Albuterol.

For anyone who is interested, I was told to replace my inhaler if it feels like it is only half full when I shake it.

This is what my GP told me today after I called her to ask a question about how I can tell I'm out of Albuterol.

For anyone who is interested, I was told to replace my inhaler if it feels like it is only half full when I shake it.

Never had the Inhaler. Had bronchitis once. Had the nebulizer Using albuterol.

So I do not know anything about it being half full. :dunno:

Never had the Inhaler. Had bronchitis once. Had the nebulizer Using albuterol.

So I do not know anything about it being half full. :dunno:

What is the difference between a nebulizer and an inhaler? I've only used inhalers.

I'm sorry. I know very little about inhalers, but I'm trying to learn. :)

It is basically a machine that makes the medication mist up, and you breath it in through a mouth piece for about 15 minutes.

To me it looks like a big fat cigar! :giggle:

Oh goodness Loghead. Peanut allergies are serious business.

I've heard of cases where children who eat any kind of food containing peanuts can have severe (or as you said fatal) symptoms.

I do consider myself VERY lucky in that respect since year round allergies won't kill me. They're miserable to have, but at least I don't have to worry about losing my life to them.

By the way, a neighbor of mine was able to take me to the drugstore for my nasal spray and Albuterol. I took both about an hour ago and then slept for 15 minutes. I feel considerably better now. I think the addition of both of these meds are exactly what I need in order to experience some relief throughout the day and night.

At any rate, I'm just glad both of them work as well as they do.

I've only taken one dose of each and can already tell a huge difference in the way I feel. :D

Having said all of that, I have a question for you. Is your EpiPen difficult to use? Does it hurt when you give yourself injections?

The reason I ask is because I have paranoia when it comes to needles. I experience severe panic attacks to the point where I need a nurse to tell me exactly when she will stick me with a needle because if she doesn't, I start to hyperventilate.

Yes, my peanut allergy is very unpredictable... so it is possible that with a small dose I could just get sick, or severly sick, but death is also a high possibility. I just make sure to avoid anything that contains or may contain peanuts.

It's good to hear that after taking some medicine and sleeping that you were feeling better, HA! :) This time of year must not be fun at all. How much longer do you think that your allergies will affect you this season? I hope not long!

I have never used one professionally because, thankfully, I have never had to. You need to put it in by yourself, and you place it in your upper thigh right through your pants (you are just looking for convenience so that you can get the medicine in yourself as quick as possible). Then you must hold the needle in your thigh for a good 15 seconds, which I am assuming are probably the longest 15 seconds ever. :lol: I have once accidentally placed an EpiPen inside myself though, but like I said, it was not done professionally. We own a fake EpiPen that is used for practice where a needle does not come out, so one day my brother was playing around with it. Later on in the day my brother had asked me how I used the EpiPen, so I assumed that it was the practice one. So I said, "Here's how it works!" and I take the back off and jab it into my thigh. :lol: It was real. :lol: The practice one was on the counter. I pulled the EpiPen out as fast as I had put it in. :lol: Needless to say, I was angry!! :laugh2:

It is a large needle and it does hurt from what I remember, but I only had it in for 0.01 seconds. :lol: I remember that there was a bruise left and that was what hurt more than the actual needle.

Hi everyone,

I wanted to give you an update on how I've been doing. I've been taking my nasal spray and Albuterol for the past 2 days and I feel better than I have in a very long time. I feel alot better in the morning when I wake up since I'm able to use the Albuterol and prevent coughing spells upon awakening. The same thing is true at night when I go to bed. It has really made a difference in the amount of sleep I've been able to receive.

Yes, my peanut allergy is very unpredictable... so it is possible that with a small dose I could just get sick, or severly sick, but death is also a high possibility. I just make sure to avoid anything that contains or may contain peanuts.

It's good to hear that after taking some medicine and sleeping that you were feeling better, HA! :) This time of year must not be fun at all. How much longer do you think that your allergies will affect you this season? I hope not long!

I have never used one professionally because, thankfully, I have never had to. You need to put it in by yourself, and you place it in your upper thigh right through your pants (you are just looking for convenience so that you can get the medicine in yourself as quick as possible). Then you must hold the needle in your thigh for a good 15 seconds, which I am assuming are probably the longest 15 seconds ever. :lol: I have once accidentally placed an EpiPen inside myself though, but like I said, it was not done professionally. We own a fake EpiPen that is used for practice where a needle does not come out, so one day my brother was playing around with it. Later on in the day my brother had asked me how I used the EpiPen, so I assumed that it was the practice one. So I said, "Here's how it works!" and I take the back off and jab it into my thigh. :lol: It was real. :lol: The practice one was on the counter. I pulled the EpiPen out as fast as I had put it in. :lol: Needless to say, I was angry!! :laugh2:

It is a large needle and it does hurt from what I remember, but I only had it in for 0.01 seconds. :lol: I remember that there was a bruise left and that was what hurt more than the actual needle.

:ty: for telling me about the EpiPen. I don't know much about them, so I'm glad you were able to help educate me. :)

I have year round allergies, but the spring and summer months cause me the most difficulty.

My GP told me that this spring seems to be worse than usual and she is seeing all kinds of patients who are struggling with allergies right now.

She knew something had to be wrong since my Fexofenadine was no longer working like it had over the past 2 years.

She also suspects that I've had asthma-induced allergies for quite awhile, but didn't know it since I never brought my coughing spells to her attention.

As I said in my previous post, I feel great! :D I have all of the windows open in my apartment and I'm not even congested, sneezing or coughing.

You're very welcome! And it is so good to hear that you are feeling much better. :) It must be great knowing that those allergies haven't got you down!

You're very welcome! And it is so good to hear that you are feeling much better. :) It must be great knowing that those allergies haven't got you down!

I'm so relieved to feel better because I've been putting up with this for far too long. I guess that's one of the advantages of this year's worse than usual allergy season -- it finally prompted me to get my allergies taken care of! :giggle:

I experience allergies when the weather is so warm, I get prickly heat or heat rash and I constantly sneeze and have a runny nose. For this I take Pirition for a few days until my symptoms subsise

My mother has bad hayfever and allergyies in the summer when the pollen count is higher, she takes Beconase Nasal Spray a few times a day and it seems to help her. Both are over the counter.

Are you not able to spend on nice warm weather? :shock:

Back