AllDeaf Meet @ DeafNation World Expo, July 2010

Last night my friends and I went to the David Copperfield Show and it was awesome. Sadly many of them are leaving today and I will leave here tomorrow. :(

The NDPT was awesome too. I played at the table with two two-times NDPT champions and one-time champion and obviously it was a real challenge for me to love and take on. One of them got lucked out in 2nd or 3rd round and I ran out of luck in 4th round. I went on to support my friends and frat brothers who were still in the tournament until I had to leave for a dinner at Planet Hollywood in the Forum Shops and the show.

The Miss Deaf International was a real mess last night! The wife of my friend textmsged him who shared news with us. She was so pissed off that the $85 admission was a rip off.

- People had to sit on the floor.
- One of the contestants cannot dance.
- The start of ceremony had been delayed at least once.
- A major screw up in the selection of final ten contestants.
- More.....

MDI on the first and second days had problems. A lot of contestants were on there for 5-10 seconds and then gone offstage.. Cuz they didn't have enough time for them to perform.

I didn't know you had to pay for the last one. So who won?

Whoa $85 to sit on the floor, not to mention the screw ups. What a rip off, i feel sorry for the people who paid to watch it.

MDI on the first and second days had problems. A lot of contestants were on there for 5-10 seconds and then gone offstage.. Cuz they didn't have enough time for them to perform.

I didn't know you had to pay for the last one. So who won?

Yes, I was told about these problems, too. It is my understanding that there were no formal technical rules and the lack of proper procedures.

The Miss Deaf International was a real mess last night! The wife of my friend textmsged him who shared news with us. She was so pissed off that the $85 admission was a rip off.

- More.....

yep. on wednesday - I knew there was a fuck-up with the show. It looks as if it was hastily planned.

Yeah sometimes, i am not a fan with how they handles the deaf events. i know they are doing their best but sometimes it were. I don't know what or why it had happened.

- More.....

Awful! I m very lucky to not going there.

Miss Deaf International is not a formal Miss Deaf pageant. Last two weeks ago (Starting JULY 9th), there was Miss Deaf World was hosted in Tbilisi, Georgia. Miss Russia won the first place, Miss France won second, and Miss China won the third place. Miss Deaf World is an official contest. Miss Deaf International is more of entertainment contest, hence it is fucked up since it is their FIRST TIME to host. I'm glad I didn't buy a ticket. Next time I'm getting a camping chair so I can sit on the very front of stage for $65 (back row seat). :lol:

I had met:

Naisho
PFH
Mister Potter
Miss Delectable
Tousi
Authentic
PowerOn
Kalista
Jiro

and few Aders.

Last edited:
Miss Deaf International is not a formal Miss Deaf pageant. Last two weeks ago (Starting JULY 9th), there was Miss Deaf World was hosted in Tbilisi, Georgia. Miss Russia won the first place, Miss France won second, and Miss China won the third place. Miss Deaf World is an official contest. Miss Deaf International is more of entertainment contest, hence it is fucked up since it is their FIRST TIME to host. I'm glad I didn't buy a ticket. Next time I'm getting a camping chair so I can sit on the very front of stage for $65 (back row seat). :lol:

if they can host that well for formal pageant..... surely they should be able to handle this simple event. :dunno:

Wirelessly posted

What about Lebron James? I don't know him to be there. I wish to throw eggs to him. LOL

I went to Lavo late last night and saw a long, long line to see him. I will try TAO tonight to catch him myself. Wish me luck.

on waaaay back home with authentic--about half way more. was SO ready to get out of vegas. I'd say overall, it sucks. heat, drunk people, didn't get to visit/see 4 places I wanted to and I forgot my D#*@ camera. first time in herstory grr.

Aww, Freckles...all I saw is your back. :(
lol.. wonder how did you knew it was me from just looking at my back. . .don't recall posted a picture of me here?

I was wondering why people think Marlee is fake.
Is it because she has hearing husband and children?
oh no, not at all. it's her personality, thinks EVERYONE likes her because of her fame. I don't. from what I can tell, she wants her name to be gold, shinning with her 1,000 watts white teeth. to be gold-est of all. what she doesn't remember is she's human just like everyone here; the only difference is being on TV.

The Miss Deaf International was a real mess last night! The wife of my friend text messaged him who shared news with us. She was so pissed off that the $85 admission was a rip off.

- More.....
sitting on floor?? wow, I was there, walked around a lot because of my knee and didn't see that, know any reason why?

yeah, the organization SUCK, bad view--flat floor of seats, food was verrry late, show started an hour and 15 minutes later, lot of drunk people - no security or anyone there to stop them being so rude (sitting on top of chair, not on chair to see better, screaming, pulled table cloths off and wore them as their coats, used camera flashes when on back of MDI ticket asked to please not and did I mentioned, SCREAM? I'm totally deaf but you could feel their voices on chairs), "15-minute intermission" went on for an hour, masters had to add and do some improvise shows while waiting for final decision about an hour and more. I felt so bad for one contestant! her name was called into top 10 then few seconds later master said it was a mistake and called the 'right' one. gosh, how can they do that? they had props messed up and some papers missing also, sadly.

although the women did beautiful and there was some good performances, I'm gonna write some suggestions to MDI, for sure. probably for partial of refund too. glad I paid for the cheapest one--if you thought women did exhibit themselves and their culture wonderfully, at the best they can, I felt worth it. was interesting to see their language and such diversity. love it! but do feel bad for $85 seaters, not very much different from $65 honestly. oh well.

So who won?
miss france. glad she did! so deserved to. her heart shone, her answer to a question, EXCELLENT. in end she said, "share your heart with them, even a smile will give them a life." question was, "how can you help/save third countries of deaf children and people out there?" and her talent show was very unique! not many people would think of that.

it was nice meeting you too, kalista. :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG-UKKJTAS4]YouTube - DeafNation World Expo 2010 Las Vegas[/ame]
Over 25,000 people and over 1,000 international people at Sands Expo with 300 booths.

i didnt go there because of my softball league nights (3x) is what i commitment to hearing teams and one deaf team...

Have a safe trip freckles and authentic & maria & ma (I don't recall her name :P)

Yeah Joel looked BURNED OUT at the expo. you could tell just looking at his face.
I guess you can't blame him when he is attending every deafnation across the country. Must be tiring.

Last edited:
Back