AllDeaf Meet @ DeafNation World Expo, July 2010

I will be riding the Greyhound Bus down there & back. $200. Not bad. I don't drive. I don't have a license.

That was an interesting turn of events jutterfly. Just a day or two ago you were saying next year.. :P

Well.. still need to figure out planning. It seems there is no master plan for alldeaf to meet up, but right now it seems it's more of a "I know you are there but we don't have a meetup scheduled" kind of thing at the moment. Seems it's just spur of the moment to meet up if someone recognizes another (unless Posts From Hell shows up to get this thing going)

Anyone wanna exchange contact info with me?

Hmm..
I can't send you a private message. It looks like you'll have to hit a post count of 50 or 100 (I think it's 50, forgot been awhile) before la-la discussion land.
Start working on them posts! :cool:

Yeah it's a precautionary measure to prevent the spammers and solicitors from taking over the site. Hopefully you have a bit more fun expressing yourself in the meantime.

So do you have any buddies that you'll meet there too?
Personally I only know one or two people prior to the meet if they go for sure, but I dunno yet at this moment.

auth, you going? Which dates?
I will be driving so probably 19th for me. Maybe 20th if time is really cutting it. How about you?

auth, you going? Which dates?
I will be driving so probably 19th for me. Maybe 20th if time is really cutting it. How about you?

Yes I will drive to Vegas, and stay in there for 4 nights (20-24), also I will visit Grand Canyon National Park (its only 2.5 hours drive from Las Vegas). :D

Nice, it's a cool place. I saw there is helicopter tour for it but I never tried it, it is $$$.
I may see about the Mandalay aquarium, but I heard it's fairly small compared to the one here.. something to do anyway.

Nice, it's a cool place. I saw there is helicopter tour for it but I never tried it, it is $$$.
I may see about the Mandalay aquarium, but I heard it's fairly small compared to the one here.. something to do anyway.

If you feel like to join me to Grand Canyon, no problem.

PM'd you with info.

I'll be in Vegas from Mon-Wed along with my gf and Jiro. We'll be staying @ Aria Hotel & Resort. :mrgreen:

I'll be in Vegas from Mon-Wed along with my gf and Jiro. We'll be staying @ Aria Hotel & Resort. :mrgreen:

wondering why you end sentence with :mrgreen:

methinks you got some ulterior motive :ugh: just remember - I don't share :cool2:

Grand Canyon

If you feel like to join me to Grand Canyon, no problem.

PM'd you with info.

Ah, I see that you're the one that is going to drive to GC...awesome. I haven't been to Southwestern states and the extremely hot-dry environment before so perhaps I'm kind of inexperienced to this situation. I plan to drive a rent a car to there too, it'll be my first-timer visit. I guess you had been there at least once or so before, experienced of hiking around the rim? I haven't decided yet about staying overnight at the inn because I don't know how long in a day will it take to hike from the starting on the rim to Bright Angel trail or a loop back up on the rim via Bright Angel. Needless to say, one problem is the weather environment condition. So shall I find out at first I get there. Should I be prepared by bringing a plenty of fluids, umbrella, SPF 70 sunblock lotion, chewy snacks, hiking sneakers, what else. Flagstaff must be colder at night under 45 degree during this month, isn't it? Hmm!

Back