AllDeaf Meet @ DeafNation World Expo, July 2010

any updates about this one. i know I can't go but would love to see the upated news on your planning to get together in lv.

My birthday is on July 18th. I will be 25. I live in Northern Nevada. I wish I were rich so I could make it down there! Anyone who is willing to help me out would be much apprenticed! VP me or anything. I am trustworthy about money. A deaf guy from Utah named Nam is going going down there for Expo. He was going to help me out with it but it didn't work out, I guess. He said I can stay in his room with other guests. I only need money for a bus ticket or even better...maybe...maybe...you could be willing to drive up to my town to pick me up or maybe halfway to pick me up. I don't know. I know you all don't know me! LOL.

That'd be awesome to come down there to meet everyone & have tons of fun! I haven't been to Vegas in 2 years. It'd be fun to visit Vegas again.

jutterfly.. not sure of what transportation that would go from northern NV to LV, it sounds pretty far like half a state trip.

Did you try checking out greyhound? Hopefully it is affordable.

Maybe there's someone who's driving back up from there could hitch you a ride.. but damn, girl you've got guts for trusting to ride w/ strangers.

Haha, I guess, but, I would trust them if they got to know me a bit more before we'd do anything, haha.

Well, Greyhound round-trip ticket is $200-300 which I don't have the money for it. . . .hopefully someone will give me the birthday money. It'd be nice!

Hmm.

If you are from Reno or Carson City area, Greyhound round-trip price would be estimated 190 dollars but if you have a credit card to book and purchase on its website, it would be 167 dollars, more or less. I didn't realize that Greyhound bus ride take about 1 day to arrive in LV from up there! Yikes. Cut it down on long schedule of bus ride, is to drive a car from there to LV -- 7 hours. I'm not a fan of Greyhound/Trailway during the hot summers. I love Amtrak all the way! It sucks and stupid that there is no straight ride from Reno to LV by Amtrak that's what I was researching online. I haven't decided which transportation will I use to ride back home...I know it takes 3 days ride from LV to NY by Amtrak...I may be making a last minute decision to book by one-way flying back home while I'm still around in LV. lastminute.com deal is good option for last minute plans. lol.

No, I am not from Reno area. I am from Winnemucca which is a small town about 2 hours away from Reno. I wish I had my own car! Couldn't afford it either. I even don't have a license 'cause I just never have to though. I know about Amtrak & Greyhound. I am a member of both of their websites. I guess I am not going down there this year.

No, I am not from Reno area. I am from Winnemucca which is a small town about 2 hours away from Reno. I wish I had my own car! Couldn't afford it either. I even don't have a license 'cause I just never have to though. I know about Amtrak & Greyhound. I am a member of both of their websites. I guess I am not going down there this year.

I have been to Winnemucca. It is right on the Route 80. Very dry, no river/lakes around. How do you survive in there? :D

Greyhound bus = $180 is pretty reasonable price compares to rental car will cost you about $400, only if you stay in there for 4 days or something.

Hi, Sabby; you are the first person I have heard who is going to that masquerade ball.....anyway, maybe see you at the Peppermill? I think it is for Tuesday dinner....

Hi, Sabby; you are the first person I have heard who is going to that masquerade ball.....anyway, maybe see you at the Peppermill? I think it is for Tuesday dinner....

I won't go to Masquerade Ball. I think that may go to Peppermill on Tuesday. What time? PFH banned again. :roll:

GUESS WHAT?!

I am going to LV on the 18th [MY BIRTHDAY!!!!] thru 25th! I just broke up with my boyfriend so I can come down to Vegas! I am so happy!!! See you all on the 18th or whenever! Don't forget to say "Happy Birthday" to me & get me gifts! :)

Back