All Deaf Schools in 2020.

That is misinformation about the schedule for school, sports, prom. That is not make sense to me. I was graduated from high school st Deaf school. My school started at 8 clock until 3:15pm. The homecoming is always come up on the Saturday. The prom is always on Friday or Saturday. I never heard of school start at 7 am until 5pm. I found nothing information from your post. Please cite your information from news or deaf school website.

Oklahoma School for the Deaf

http://www.msd.k12.mo.us/sports/documents/FootballSchedule-2013_000.pdf

http://www.iowaschoolforthedeaf.org/sites/default/files/pdfs/sports/FBSchedule2014-15.pdf

I'm wondering if he is 'forecasting' or predicting that's what it will be like in 2020.

No guarantee that that's what will happen.
I wanted to go to MSSD- my aunt moved to DC I think before I entered high school. My parents said no... I wound up in a private Catholic school. Great education but sucky social- it was okay but not one I'd call stellar...

yes i predict

But you said year 2020... got one to back this up?

SUNDAY- All Campus Building are Closed and Locked
MONDAY- Students leave home very early in the morning. School 11AM-5PM
TUESDAY- School 7AM-5PM
WEDNESDAY- School 7AM-5PM
THURSDAY-School 7AM-12pm Mandatory Homegoing at NOON
FRIDAY- All Campus Building are CLOSED and LOCKED
SATURDAY- All Campus Building are CLOSED and LOCKED

All Football games play at 10am weekdays

Prom wednesday 3pm

bb games 4pm weekdays

Not really, not at Alabama School for the Deaf - 7:45 AM to 3:05 PM from Monday to Friday.

maybe? For the students in the dorms it isn't so bad to get to class that early. The Day students who live close by will complain though.

I've heard of hearing schools that start at 7:30 AM though mostly high school. Lower schools start at a later time like 8:45 or so.

I can't imagine a kid though sitting at school for 10 hours though... 9 if lunch is one hour. Yuck. It's hard enough as an adult- used to be 8.5 hours(with the .5 being lunch)at work now most places make you stay there 9 or 10 hours...

Oh wow, I heard about class at MSSD start at 8:30 AM.

I graduated at ISD in 2005. I went home average every 4 four weeks.

Elementary and Middle School kids who live far away can't go home on non-homegoing weekends but not anymore. It stopped in 2005. They added non- homegoing weekend routes to go home on friday after school at 3:15 and back to dorm on sunday evening but its optional.

ISD? Indiana? Illinois? Iowa? Idaho?

I believe your prediction is far fetched because there is no way the schools will allow classes to end at 5pm. There are state guidlines that limits the school hours for each day unless it is allotted to make up for snow days or whatever the reason it is for. Parents would not allow that to happen either. I know I wouldn't because the kids needs to have a breather as much as the teaxhers does need it too.

ISD? Indiana? Illinois? Iowa? Idaho?

I believe your prediction is far fetched because there is no way the schools will allow classes to end at 5pm. There are state guidlines that limits the school hours for each day unless it is allotted to make up for snow days or whatever the reason it is for. Parents would not allow that to happen either. I know I wouldn't because the kids needs to have a breather as much as the teaxhers does need it too.

After 5 hours of teaching, my brain cells slowly die off and I become a zombie. There is no way a human being can teach and manage behaviors for that long! It is very very difficult and mentally draining.

Huskerman22, why are you being so pissed off at us? What is going on with you? If you are not happy here, then you don't need to come here if you are not explaining why you were worried about the time frame of the Deaf school. Help us clarify or make us understand what you are pointing out. Every one of us are confused by your ignorance of not explaining to us. When Jolie77 asked you a question which Deaf school you were attending? There are several Deaf school with an ISD. I find it insulting that you refuse to give comment to Jolie77. This is the topic we were suppose to discuss as this is a discussion Forum. So please, don't be a bully. :(

Probably so....no reason(s) to complain...there are many public high schools that begin classes at 7AM....

True they do that here so that the kids can still do after school programs and get home for dinner. Go to school at 7:15am out at 2:45pm. Football, baseball, soccer, swimming, volley ball etc etc, went from 3-5:30 or 6pm. Kids get home have a quick dinner then start on their homework. There are always night time events and weekend events. Some place in all of that we make family time because to me that is very important.

Huskerman22, why are you being so pissed off at us? What is going on with you? If you are not happy here, then you don't need to come here if you are not explaining why you were worried about the time frame of the Deaf school. Help us clarify or make us understand what you are pointing out. Every one of us are confused by your ignorance of not explaining to us. When Jolie77 asked you a question which Deaf school you were attending? There are several Deaf school with an ISD. I find it insulting that you refuse to give comment to Jolie77. This is the topic we were suppose to discuss as this is a discussion Forum. So please, don't be a bully. :(

Don't worry about him. I could care less after all it was just one simple question. It just shows who he really is.

You guys made me laughing. This is senseless. Let Huskerman pissed off and complaining. He is immature. Blah blah

Aren't you that dumb? Not many Deaf school have football, my school once had football, but that was before the WWII era!

Your prediction is just full of hogwash

Back