TUESDAY- School 7AM-5PM
WEDNESDAY- School 7AM-5PM
THURSDAY-School 7AM-12pm Mandatory Homegoing at NOON
FRIDAY- All Campus Building are CLOSED and LOCKED
SATURDAY- All Campus Building are CLOSED and LOCKED

All Football games play at 10am weekdays

Prom wednesday 3pm

bb games 4pm weekdays

Seven am start time is prolly the thing they're complaining about. I'd be mad too....7 am is too early to start school.

maybe? For the students in the dorms it isn't so bad to get to class that early. The Day students who live close by will complain though.

I've heard of hearing schools that start at 7:30 AM though mostly high school. Lower schools start at a later time like 8:45 or so.

I can't imagine a kid though sitting at school for 10 hours though... 9 if lunch is one hour. Yuck. It's hard enough as an adult- used to be 8.5 hours(with the .5 being lunch)at work now most places make you stay there 9 or 10 hours...

Are you about to graduate?

It look like he might graduate in 2020 which is 6 years later. Maybe not? :dunno:

DeafDucky is correct about the hours that the Deaf have to attend whether at the dorm or at home. They may have recess or break time between lunch time.

I have never been to a Deaf School which I wanted so badly when I was young while I was in a mainstream school. I was stuck in that mainstream school. I hated it.

That is awfully long in the range of 9 to 10 hours of being in the Deaf school to learn plus the lunch hour. :shock:

deaf high school kids are such a crybaby

Why do u say that? Is there any reasons for saying so?

I suppose you're a student at a Deaf School and you're probably complaining how awful it is to be in school?

School does not end at 5PM. Silly

SUNDAY- All Campus Building are Closed and Locked
MONDAY- Students leave home very early in the morning. School 11AM-5PM
TUESDAY- School 7AM-5PM
WEDNESDAY- School 7AM-5PM
THURSDAY-School 7AM-12pm Mandatory Homegoing at NOON
FRIDAY- All Campus Building are CLOSED and LOCKED
SATURDAY- All Campus Building are CLOSED and LOCKED

All Football games play at 10am weekdays

Prom wednesday 3pm

bb games 4pm weekdays

Huh? Where did you get that information? Where is your source with link to be prove it?

That is misinformation about the schedule for school, sports, prom. That is not make sense to me. I was graduated from high school st Deaf school. My school started at 8 clock until 3:15pm. The homecoming is always come up on the Saturday. The prom is always on Friday or Saturday. I never heard of school start at 7 am until 5pm. I found nothing information from your post. Please cite your information from news or deaf school website.

I'm wondering if he is 'forecasting' or predicting that's what it will be like in 2020.

No guarantee that that's what will happen.
I wanted to go to MSSD- my aunt moved to DC I think before I entered high school. My parents said no... I wound up in a private Catholic school. Great education but sucky social- it was okay but not one I'd call stellar...

Probably a troll, pointless without sources.

maybe he is worried with the demands from the new curriculumn, school will be from 7 am to 5pm. Never know if that will happen.

maybe he is worried with the demands from the new curriculumn, school will be from 7 am to 5pm. Never know if that will happen.

You got a point there. So maybe there will be change from 9 am to 7 am and then end at 5 pm instead of 3 pm. Remember, Shel90, that you were complaining about what the outside school district wanted you to go through difficult schedule which was not routine anymore. You were being told to do the heavy school work for the kids. I am trying to remember what we had talked about when it come to Deaf school. Things have changed over the last few years. So what Huskerman22 was worried about that in the future of 2020. So we would never know what will happen in 6 years later. :hmm:

Why do u say that? Is there any reasons for saying so?

I suppose you're a student at a Deaf School and you're probably complaining how awful it is to be in school?

I graduated at ISD in 2005. I went home average every 4 four weeks.

Elementary and Middle School kids who live far away can't go home on non-homegoing weekends but not anymore. It stopped in 2005. They added non- homegoing weekend routes to go home on friday after school at 3:15 and back to dorm on sunday evening but its optional.

Back