alcohol

August

Reaction score
this is the alcohol thread

not just the beer thread

not just the wine thread

not just the liquor thread

EVERYTHING

i just turned 21. i've been drunk about 4 times in my life. i have such a low tolerance for alcohol, i would get smashed on one glass of whiskey.

i'm now trying to increase my tolerance. i bought some 1 liter bottles of Cutty Sark and Smirnoff and am mixing them with juice. i enjoy a good beer, but hard liquor tastes like complete shit to me. but DAMMIT! i like to get blind, stinking drunk just like everyone else. i had about 4 shots worth of liquor and a beer within 3 hours and didn't even feel a buzz. strange for me.

discuss alcohol.

the first is a news story about drinking age

the second is a debate

this is neither.

I do like my occassional drinks but I rarely get drunk because I like to be in control of what is happening around me. My father was an alcoholic, so I'm sure that's probably why I'm a little leery about excessive drinking. Also the smell of vodka makes me sick and then I get bad nightmares for weeks. Probably because of my childhood experiences. And I do not tolerate drinking while driving...big, big, big NO-NO. Whatever you (anybody who's reading this) do - just do not drink and then drive.

However, there's nothing better than a cold Miller Lite with a big, juicy burger that's been grilled perfectly. And I love frozen strawberry margaritas with Mexican food. I spent a part of my childhood in Germany, and as a child I had German beer a lot (even in my baby bottle and sippy cup). I still love German-made beer to this day. Germany has very strict rules about making beer - and I think that's why most of them taste so good. ;)

I rarely drink. I would say once or twice a month to relax. I did get drunk but never passed out. Thank God! I drank like 13 different alcohols a night before Easter when I was in early 20's. BOY! I threw up so bad...yikes! Never again! In my family blood, we do have alcoholic. :(

I'm not a social drinker, I rarley ever drink any type of alcohol as of much, even my whole family aren't drinkers. I'm glad because I wouldn't want an alcoholic family; too much drama. ;)

I drink sometimes,maybe I will drink Bud Light in summer and red wine in the winter.Maybe 6 or 7 times a year.

i drink Bud Light and cocktail smiroff but im really love drink margarita with rocks!

I turn 23 in September and have only had 2 alcoholic drinks, total, since turning 21. When I turned 21, I was against drinking alcohol. By spring after my 21st birthday, I was curious and wanted a taste. Last summer, my sister (she's older than I am) brought over some wine coolers (I forget what brand, only had 5% alcohol in them). That was my first drink. Had a margarita with alcohol at a Chili's after my 22nd birthday. Haven't had a drink since then.

I have to be careful if I want to drink. I take an antidepressant, and you're not supposed to drink when on antidepressants. If I have taken my pill for the day, I wait until it is dinner to have a small drink (I take my antidepressant at lunch time). Or if I haven't taken my pill yet, I'll have a drink, and wait a few hours before taking a pill. I always keep this in the back of my mind when I think of having a small drink. I don't ever want to be drunk.

I drink sometimes,maybe I will drink Bud Light in summer and red wine in the winter.Maybe 6 or 7 times a year.

I like bud light too, But I don't drink very often. I would say maybe once a year or so, If I'm around some friends. ;)

I like bud light too, But I don't drink very often. I would say maybe once a year or so, If I'm around some friends. ;)

I just get in a mood ones in awhile like maybe Christmas,New Years eve,4th of July, birthdays.Like last week I was going to drink some red wine but I didn't.But out of all I will drink Bud Light more than the wine.

I just get in a mood ones in awhile like maybe Christmas,New Years eve,4th of July, birthdays.Like last week I was going to drink some red wine but I didn't.But out of all I will drink Bud Light more than the wine.

You and I need to hook up one day and go out and have fun. ;)

Had 5 Crown Lager Beers last weekend and also I passed out when I was 19, never again. Gotta be careful but when I turn 21, after that I quit drinkin'

I always drunk and black out when I was student at Gally, now not anymore, just social or in mood to drink beer...

my favorite beer is any kind of Samuel Adams, if no choice then Bud Light would do

had some coffee with Carolan's Irish Cream.

it was glorious. Irish cream in coffee is perfect. low, almost undetectable alcoholic content; smooth, sweet, delicious. serves as both cream and sugar.

I never got drunk before and never will. I just enjoy taking sips of tropical malts or something similar to smirnoff. I hate beer, it tastes like piss or something.

Back