Airplane Crash today and is Missing

In the meantime this commenter at the UK Guardian pulled up some interesting reading about the HMS Echo that is on the job searching for those black boxes. Awesome, beautiful craft. Long hitches out to sea.
--------------------------------
We haven't heard too much overall about the RN's hydrographic survey ship HMS Echo, maybe understandably while the TPL was/is being deployed, and also bearing in mind she was taken off her station to go and investigate the Chinese detection.
There's some more about her at a Navy News page, with images, published just a couple of days ago (before she began hightailing it back to Ocean Shield's location).
It mentions her sonar has been adapted to listen for black box signals, the first time it's been used in this way, but maybe her side-scanning and surveying capabilities will prove useful when it reaches the stage of tracing wreckage (though perhaps not in the same way as the Bluefin-21 AUV which will be down near the ocean floor?)
https://navynews.co.uk/archive/news/item/10305
Also an old 2004 article, originally from the same source but no longer available there - now at an archive site. It kicks off talking about her older namesakes but then goes on to the present Echo with some info about her equipment at that time:
http://archive.is/rap41
The UK's MOD has a page about her too:
http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/The-Fleet/Ships/Patrol-and-Minehunters/Ice-Patrol-and-Survey-Ships/HMS-Echo
(but it doesn't seem to have occurred to anyone at the MOD yet to move her location pin on the map from her previous deployment in the Gulf !)

You notice how they're now saying ' possible ' signals . I could take months just to find the black box if that what the signals is coming from.

Yes. I read the article. I heard it's found a black box on the ocean float. I hope it was missed plane. It's long time to look for missed plane since one month.

The depth of the problem - The Washington Post

The blackbox is useless after 30 days for beacons due battery life AND too DEEP in the ocean.

Wow! That is interesting to see the deepest ocean feet. Can't submarine go into deep the ocean floor? You know Mt. Everest is the tallest 29,029 feet over than the deepest ocean 15,000 feet. I think it's good idea to set the gps and satellite in the deepest ocean on the floor to track the missed plane and ship. The deep ocean is very deep darkest.

Last edited:
I saw something like that on TV showing deep the black box are ,some people fear the plane may never be found .

wonder if the airplane actually got deep in the water?? :(

No physical evidences from the plane been found in the ocean, so as far as we know it may never had crash . The ping sound may not had been from the black box . I would not believe everything China is saying about this.

No physical evidences from the plane been found in the ocean, so as far as we know it may never had crash . The ping sound may not had been from the black box . I would not believe everything China is saying about this.
China? Says who?
The Australian vessels has found at least 5 pings before it went dead. they have deployed the mini sub to search the ocean floor.

China? Says who?
The Australian vessels has found at least 5 pings before it went dead. they have deployed the mini sub to search the ocean floor.

The ocean it's too deep for the mini sub. Yeah but I heard that they where not sure if the pings where coming from the black box. We're being told something difference all the time I really do not have much faith in anything I am hearing at this point .

I just wish some peace would come to the families of this. This could be one of those incidents where we may never know what truly happened. :(

China? Says who?

I'd give her the benefit of a doubt, Çhina's communist gov't and the rest of those SE Asian monkeys have twisted the truth with hysterical forms of propaganda or another.

I went looking for updates this morning. The Malaysian airlines sight is no longer doing any technical updates and I had to put in a search just to get the latest anything. It did tell about how families still waiting at a hotel held Malaysian air staff hostage for a while demanding officials to come and tell them what was going on.

The best latest update I was able to find was this:
Missing MH370 latest: New confidence on black-box signals narrows search - Emirates 24/7

I am surprised I have not stumbled onto a fanatical blogger information junkie site for this incident. Usually there is someone that gets all over the situation putting together every credible anything. I know there is at least one out there but I have not found it.

In one of the articles I read they found debris on Reunion in May. It was a seat and some luggage. The guy who found it assumed it was a bus seat and garbage so burned it. It wasn't until this chunk of plane was found that he realized what he might have burned.

The new bits that were found were not from the plane. One was from a ladder you'd find used on land and some other bit was also not from the plane. This chunk they think is from the 777 is likely to be from the plane, however.

A piece of wreckage that washed up on an island in the Indian Ocean is from a Boeing 777 -- the same type of aircraft as the long-missing MH370, Malaysian authorities said Sunday.

France and the United States identified the flaperon found on a Reunion Island beach as one from that particular type of Boeing, Malaysia's transportation ministry said. A flaperon is part of an aircraft's wing that helps control its speed and banking angle.

Experts will determine whether the debris found on the French territory of Reunion Island last week is from Malaysia Airlines Flight 370.

Teams in Reunion are scouring the stretch of coast where the debris was found, and a "metal object of interest" related to the search was discovered Sunday morning on the beach in St. Denis, Reunion Island's capital, a local government official said.

The official declined to be identified because he is not authorized to speak to the media. The official also refused to provide more information, saying the origin of the object needs to be verified.

Read more here: More Debris found on Island

Back