Age Gap Relationship

No, 18 years old are considered a legal age in U.S. to give the consent and date anyone no matter what the gap is as long as the partner are 18 years old or older, lol.

Some states in U.S. does have the age of consent being 17 as well, thus making it legal for age 17 to date anyone as long as the partner is 17 or older, the gap does not matter.

So yes, there's nothing's wrong with some 18 years old kid dating a guy who is 56 years old because having a gap of age in the relationship isn't illegal as long as they both are at their age of consent or older.

18 are not childern ... and of the age of concent... I have never said otherwise... Pedo... is not a medical term... pedo is... in best, a slang term that covers everyone medical, criminal, and the line flirters who sees excessively younger people, generally female, sexually attractive.

Pedophelia is a medical term. Pedo is a short version for someone who is a pedophile.
It doesnt cover a broad section it is a very spacific term with a very spacific meaning.
If you are atracted sexually to children who have not yet hit puberty. You are by definition a pedophile and are defined within the term of pedophelia.
It isnt at all about flirting or wanting another person who is excessively younger...a 60 year old going with a 20 year old or a 30 year old is not a pedophile.
I find it silly to argue over an agreed upon valid medical term.
Granted i understand its a postmodern world as such any term can used for anything anyone damn well pleases. Sure, but im of the old school i guess.
Words have meaning.
Best we stick with what terms actually mean and define

Last edited:
Pedophelia is a medical term. Pedo is a short version for someone who is a pedophile.
It doesnt cover a broad section it is a very spacific term with a very spacific meaning.
If you are atracted sexually to children who have not yet hit puberty. You are by definition a pedophile and are defined within the term of pedophelia.
It isnt at all about fkirting or wantinf another person who is excessively younger...a 60 year old going eith a 20 year old or a 30 year old is not a pedophile.
I find it silly to argue over an wgreed upon valid medical term.
Granted i understand its a postmodern world as such anybterm csn used for anything anyone damn well pleases. Sure, but im of the old school i guess.
Words have meaning.
Best we stick with what terms actually mean and define

I am not saying they are pedophiles.... as for terms... while as often the case pedo can and does mean pedophile it also has other meanings that are just as relevant ..... it is slang term and is relevant in this discussion for the purpose of its meaning... however, if one finds fault with them term so be it...

Pedo
a creepy person who usually goes for people WAY younger than them..
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pedo

I am not saying they are pedophiles.... as for terms... while as often the case pedo can and does mean pedophile it also has other meanings that are just as relevant ..... it is slang term and is relevant in this discussion for the purpose of its meaning... however, if one finds fault with them term so be it...

Pedo
a creepy person who usually goes for people WAY younger than them..
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pedo

Right.
The term pedo comes from where if not the medical term pedophile?
Im not arguing pedo is not slang.
Im arguing using slang rather then the actual agreed upon medical term for what it describes rather then what slang wants it to describe only muddies the waters.
English is full of slang
But slang has its place. I wouldnt want to toss out valid medical definitions and medical terms for slang.
After all we have allot of slang in english for women. I dont think we should toss out women in favour of the 40 slang terms or more men can come up with for women. Just because a slang term exists and is used doesnt automaticly make it valid

Right.
The term pedo comes from where if not the medical term pedophile?
Im not arguing pedo is not slang.
Im arguing using slang rather then the actual agreed upon medical term for what it describes rather then what slang wants itvto describe only muddies the waters.
English is full of slang
But slang has its place. I wouldnt want to toss out valid medical definitions and medical terms for slang.

Agreed slang can muddy waters of a conversation...however the use of a medical term or commonly used term that does not portray a persons thoughts not only muddy the waters but drain the the whole pool to make condos... for I have defined the term, clarified what way I was using the term, how and why it applied, and the like... to be told stop using it and instead use a medical term that in no way applies to the meaning and intent of my statement... seems wrong on many levels...

Agreed slang can muddy waters of a conversation...however the use of a medical term or commonly used term that does not portray a persons thoughts not only muddy the waters but drain the the whole pool to make condos... for I have defined the term, clarified what way I was using the term, how and why it applied, and the like... to be told stop using it and instead use a medical term that in no way applies to the meaning and intent of my statement... seems wrong on many levels...

No one told you to stop using it. You can use any term you want for anything. But if you want to be clear and understood it might be best to use proper medical terms if the discussion is actually claiming someone or a group of people are what that term discribes

No one told you to stop using it. You can use any term you want for anything. But if you want to be clear and understood it might be best to use proper medical terms if the discussion is actually claiming someone or a group of people are what that term discribes

Who has claimed that this is pedophilia?

Who has claimed that this is pedophilia?
Look. I like postmodernism as much s the next guuy, buts its a circle jerk.
Really
Did you or did you not use the term pedo? If ypu awsner yes to this question
then you also answered yours.
If you answer no. Then i apologize.

When I read the word "pedo" I think someone is using the slang abbreviation for a pedophile, which is an adult who is sexually attracted to children. That's pretty specific.

A general word for a sexual deviant could be "pervert."

I wouldn't automatically say that a relationship between a teen and someone a lot older is deviant but I would probably question the equality of it. That is, is the power in the relationship on an equal level, and one person isn't taking advantage of the other. That's something the individuals involved have to determine, unless it's obvious that some kind of force is involved.

IMO

When I read the word "pedo" I think someone is using the slang abbreviation for a pedophile, which is an adult who is sexually attracted to children. That's pretty specific.

A general word for a sexual deviant could be "pervert."

I wouldn't automatically say that a relationship between a teen and someone a lot older is deviant but I would probably question the equality of it. That is, is the power in the relationship on an equal level, and one person isn't taking advantage of the other. That's something the individuals involved have to determine, unless it's obvious that some kind of force is involved.

IMO

I agree with you and this is why I said this really depend on the people involved, I feel it would have to be to a very mature 18 yo otherwise
they could end getting hurt in more than one way.

I agree with you and this is why I said this really depend on the people involved, I feel it would have to be to a very mature 18 yo otherwise
they could end getting hurt in more than one way.

Yeah, agreed with you and Reba on this as well.

As long as the relationship are mature, it should be fine... But I did state in my post that age 18 is the legal age and you are at the point where you can date a guy or gal in their 50s or 60s because 18 years old (or 17 years old in some states) can give the consent...

However, just because someone older is in a relationship with a person who is 17 or 18 years old does not make them a pedo because 17 or 18 is legal.

Look. I like postmodernism as much s the next guuy, buts its a circle jerk.
Really
Did you or did you not use the term pedo? If ypu awsner yes to this question
then you also answered yours.
If you answer no. Then i apologize.

Yes I did... and I also clarified it and it's meaning in the use of it when it was pulled as a more commonly understood term...
To continue to purposely misinterpret my statement and keep stating medically terminology is the only proper way is to attempt to make me speak within a specified parameter that is only acceptable by others...

Yes I did... and I also clarified it and it's meaning in the use of it when it was pulled as a more commonly understood term...
To continue to purposely misinterpret my statement and keep stating medically terminology is the only proper way is to attempt to make me speak within a specified parameter that is only acceptable by others...

Im not misintrepting ypir statement. The words choosen by you are doing that.
Anyway
It really just comes down to how well you want to be understood
I can post a ton of slang all day long....but it doesnt lead to being understood as well as if i use the propwr terms.
But
Im a lover freedom. As such feel free to use any terms you like
All cool

I would mind to date someone if he is at least 15 years older or younger than me, but now I have one. He's only about 4 years older than me.

I would not date if someone is old enough to be my parent or child.

Anyways. I happen to remember that I saw a picture on Facebook said "Love is Love No Matter What" with three different examples: 1) same-sex couples, 2) 10 yrs. old and 21 yrs. old couples, and 3) opposite-sex couples.

I strongly disagree that 10/21 couples is love. Whosever made that picture has his/her fxcked up mind. :ugh2:

I would mind to date someone if he is at least 15 years older or younger than me, but now I have one. He's only about 4 years older than me.

I would not date if someone is old enough to be my parent or child.

Anyways. I happen to remember that I saw a picture on Facebook said "Love is Love No Matter What" with three different examples: 1) same-sex couples, 2) 10 yrs. old and 21 yrs. old couples, and 3) opposite-sex couples.

I strongly disagree that 10/21 couples is love. Whosever made that picture has his/her fxcked up mind. :ugh2:
??

where are you getting the 10 years old and 21 years old one from? If that is from the ad campaign Love is Love (link below), I don't see it in there.

The 10/21 "couple" you may be thinking of could be brother/sister or some other family relationship (doubt if it's parent/child biologically but could be adopted too).

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnDgZuGIhHs[/ame]

??

where are you getting the 10 years old and 21 years old one from? If that is from the ad campaign Love is Love (link below), I don't see it in there.

The 10/21 "couple" you may be thinking of could be brother/sister or some other family relationship (doubt if it's parent/child biologically but could be adopted too).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnDgZuGIhHs
It's a meme. Since someone deleted her thread on FB, so I can't share it here. But, yes, it's legitimately there. No, I doubt it's brother/sister pairing, since the picture said two couples are gay and straight. So, the middle couple is 10/21 pairing...

I was born in the mid '80s, so i've pretty much had an "80's baby only" age range...but this year i've added '90, that's as young as I could go at this point in my life

I'm 18 husbands 41. I love him more and more each day..

Could he not have waited let you sow your oats live a little maybe travel go to university get good job he sounds he all including you,you got have time to yourself with your friends of your age I bet you dont

Back