Aftermath of Hurricane Katrina

What got me was the bodies floating in the floods (water). I feel bad for those people. :( And for the people who's houses or businesses were either destroyed or flooded.

This is one sad price we have to pay for stiffing up mother green cross with our administration's anti-environmental policies.

Richard

Nesmuth said:
This is one sad price we have to pay for stiffing up mother green cross with our administration's anti-environmental policies.

Richard
even more sad is that many insurance refuse cover the housing.. because its damaged by flood. most of those homeowners don't have flood insurance.. what a crap!

Looters have no heart!!! I can understand they're hungry.. but those who stole shoes, appliances, clothes, etc.. i ain't rooting for them.. This has been a nightmare! Those who have died, my heart goes out to the family.

RebelGirl said:
Looters have no heart!!! I can understand they're hungry.. but those who stole shoes, appliances, clothes, etc.. i ain't rooting for them.. This has been a nightmare! Those who have died, my heart goes out to the family.
yeah no heart.. i believe they're totally AFRAID of been homeless because they don't have insurance to cover their stuff.. many insurance companies will give limited coverage.. since many won't be covered because of its flooded.. and believe it or not.. those flooded home.. i believe will need to demolish the whole house and rebuild it since the dry wall become rotten, floors rotten, everything's rotten and that's VERY costly. i just wish insurance companies will be so kind.. and cover as much as they can but they're strict.. saying "no.. because you don't have flood insurance, try request fund from flooding relieve fund from federal" why federal! come on! don't make me pay more taxes.

oh man!!!! sowwy to hear that ppl who lost houses and no place to stay.. sigh..

DeafSCUBA98 said:
yeah no heart.. i believe they're totally AFRAID of been homeless because they don't have insurance to cover their stuff.. many insurance companies will give limited coverage.. since many won't be covered because of its flooded.. and believe it or not.. those flooded home.. i believe will need to demolish the whole house and rebuild it since the dry wall become rotten, floors rotten, everything's rotten and that's VERY costly. i just wish insurance companies will be so kind.. and cover as much as they can but they're strict.. saying "no.. because you don't have flood insurance, try request fund from flooding relieve fund from federal" why federal! come on! don't make me pay more taxes.
and vehicles too.. its still underwater.. i have in my newspaper that says "the tsunami-like" for the south.. I can't imagine being trapped like that.. with no home and no car!

I am sorry to heard that the people who lost the houses, cars, trucks, things, food and everything but the people died in the water with floating their bodies. That was sad to see them so terrible. I watch on NEWS tv what happened to katherina hurricane hit LA, MS and AL with the water flood.

RebelGirl said:

Huh?

Those poor people lost their homes, they can easily loot anything from the wealth businesses. May I remind you that no one sold the God's land to the selfish people...

*RANT ON*

Where WAS George when Katrina hit New Orleans and the Gulf Coast on Monday?
SuckingThumb.jpg

Where WAS George when the people of New Orleans and the Gulf Coast was huddling together to rescue people and try to prevent more flooding on Tuesday?
capt.capm10208301856.bush__capm102.jpg

Strumming on the guitar while New Orleans is flooding, my ass! Dumbya has PROVED to be an INCOMPENTENT leader! Reminds me of when Rome was burning, Emperor Nero was playing the fiddle!

Side note: Dumbya cut off funding for improvements to the New Orleans levee systems :

In early 2004, as the cost of the conflict in Iraq soared, President Bush proposed spending less than 20 percent of what the Corps said was needed for Lake Pontchartrain, according to a Feb. 16, 2004, article, in New Orleans CityBusiness.

On June 8, 2004, Walter Maestri, emergency management chief for Jefferson Parish, Louisiana; told the Times-Picayune: "It appears that the money has been moved in the president's budget to handle homeland security and the war in Iraq, and I suppose that's the price we pay. Nobody locally is happy that the levees can't be finished, and we are doing everything we can to make the case that this is a security issue for us."

Also that June, with the 2004 hurricane season starting, the Corps' project manager Al Naomi went before a local agency, the East Jefferson Levee Authority, and essentially begged for $2 million for urgent work that Washington was now unable to pay for. From the June 18, 2004 Times-Picayune:

"The system is in great shape, but the levees are sinking. Everything is sinking, and if we don't get the money fast enough to raise them, then we can't stay ahead of the settlement," he said. "The problem that we have isn't that the levee is low, but that the federal funds have dried up so that we can't raise them."
snip

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001051313

Right now it's fucking CHAOS out in New Orleans especially at the Super Dome!

I want that idiot OUT of the White House! He is not FIT to be a leader!

*RANT OFF*

I think they should call out the National Guard and have firm orders to shoot looters taking jewelry, appliances, etc. The taking of some food and water, I can understand, tho....

25% of LA National Guard is out in IRAQ fighting an illegal war.

LA is being forced to borrow NG's from other states, but not nearly enough Guardsmen to assist in that damned mess.

I would understand looting ONLY if it is for food ,clothes and water. Other than these necessities, fuck the idiots who take advantage to steal TV's, electronics and other unnecessary stuff. Besides looting happens in almost every disaster, natural or man-made for eons.

Charleston is sending 50 police officers and equipment to LA to help with civil order. They have experience from hurricane Hugo. They bring all their own communications, gas, food, and water.

During Hugo, looting was not allowed. Police Chief Rueben Greenburg announced that looters would be shot on sight. No looting happened.

Reba said:
Charleston is sending 50 police officers and equipment to LA to help with civil order. They have experience from hurricane Hugo. They bring all their own communications, gas, food, and water.

During Hugo, looting was not allowed. Police Chief Rueben Greenburg announced that looters would be shot on sight. No looting happened.

Yeah, go ahead and shoot me. My wife will file the lawsuit against the police chief...

May I remind you...Whose earth is belong to? The people is provided by the God.... For Free!!!!

mld4ds said:
Yeah, go ahead and shoot me. My wife will file the lawsuit against the police chief...

May I remind you...Whose earth is belong to? The people is provided by the God.... For Free!!!!

that was stupid quote.... :squint:

deafclimber said:
that was stupid quote.... :squint:

Ok. What would you do in the big city with no farm crops and wild animals? No food delivery due to the flood. You are in the middle of the flooding city. No business would give away free but they need money. However, you dont have any cash in your pocket. Your children have not fed for a few days. It is ok to loot anything and trade them for the food....

Next time to think logically....

I wonder if we may have enough food at home. I opened my cabinets and fridge...oh, crud. Not enough food.....

That s example. Please check your food at home. Many poor people can not afford to food for storaging for long period. They can loot and trade for food. That's ok...the wealth people can afford to replace the lost/stolen items....

Keep in mind. Heaven Father can forgive everyone execpt police chief's order to shoot at looters...

Last edited by a moderator:
Obvouisly Insurance knew "cannot afford expense on rest of all peoples' home and auto coverage" which it's cost lot of million dollars for damage lot of homes and auto lost. I bet Insurance decide change covert "Oh well you have not applied for "flood insurance coverage". What the crap... I bet insurance are frigg'n selfish and want their own themselves cost prevent expense. They are paid for insurance house/auto why can't insurance pay them coverage expense needs.. ??? Geez... Ridcouisly!

Time to put out requests for prayers for the refugees at the SuperDome. Right now Im getting reports out of http://www.democraticunderground.com forums especially CNN producer has reported that the SuperDome refugees might end up dying more as time passes by without them being rescued. The conditions of the SuperDome is really inhumane from the reports.

If this happens Dumbya has blood on his hands big time. It will never wash off like Lady MacBeth.

Back