After Recovery

Pinky

Reaction score
Nobody warned me about blow my nose with Kleenex. I was behind the news until Skullchick posted a comment on my blog. She said, "NO no no Don't blow your nose for 2 weeks" I was puzzled. Then I called to ENT nurse about blow the nose. The ENT nurse said do not have experience with CI. The Audiologist know more deep experience with CI. My doctor wasn't in office today. I have to wait until Monday. The nurse left my message for doctor on Monday. I am still go to Post-Operative appointment on Tuesday anyway. The nurse said do not worry or panic.

Please tell me why I can't blow my nose with kleenex? I have a little cold because my apt's AC is on. (sighing) I wish Audiologist or nurse's warn me before surgery. It's too late now.

Wow... :( I hope it will not cause you to have any serious problem...

I'm sorry about that. :hug:

I knew from research (possibly a thread on here) not to blow my nose. I asked my doctor how long I should wait to blow my nose and he said that was up to me.

Blowing your nose increases pressure in your ear. For many after CI surgery, pressure = pain.

I was able to do gentle blows without pain. A really good honk was probably twelve weeks away.

Pinky,

Another tip: When you sneeze, do so with your mouth open. If you close your mouth, you will cause pressure to build up in your ears.

Pinky,

Chances are likely that you are fine.

However, it is always best to check with your CI surgeon (or the ER nurse -- good thinking on your part!) just to make sure.

I was lucky in that I had my surgeries in December and February, so I didn't have to worry about my allergies acting up. I have year round allergies, but if I keep my environment controlled (meaning dusting and vacuuming daily and avoiding cigarette/pipe/cigar smoke as well as scents/perfumes whenever possible), my symptoms are not too severe.

Let us know what you find out tomorrow if anything.

Feel better soon! :hug:

Yeah, I'm fine. I'm feeling so much better. I called to ENT nurse last Friday. My mom got called from ENT. She said I can blow my nose very gentle.

Hear Again, I haven't get any squeeze yet. I thought the sun would make squeeze but not. I stayed inside because of hot weather. Thank you for advice me.

Pinky,

I'm sorry I don't understand your post. Could you explain what you mean by "sqeeze?" Did you mean to type "sneeze" instead? Just want to make sure I understand what you are saying. :ty: :)

Pinky,

I'm sorry I don't understand your post. Could you explain what you mean by "sqeeze?" Did you mean to type "sneeze" instead? Just want to make sure I understand what you are saying. :ty: :)

Thank you for correct spell. Duh me! LoL

Not all CI centers give their patients "to do" lists although it is something that should be done. I was given one and still have it 4 years after my first surgery.

Back