Adult stem cell is happening right now to cure hearing loss!

deafness88

Reaction score
There are clinical trails happening right now to cure hearing loss with adult stem cell and not using embryonic cells and you can apply for it!

What are your opinions? Has anyone tried this?

Repair Stem Cells | Stem Cell Treatment | Stem Cell News | Repair Stem Cells.org

More info:
Stem Cells Heal and Improve Lives | Stem Cell Treatment | Repair Stem Cells.org

Find me the right treatment center now:
Stem Cell Treatment | Stem Cell Information from RSCI | Repair Stem Cells.org

no thanks, i like being deaf. it's what i'm used to. i have the option to hear (cochlear implant), so..

I personally am happy the way I am. Why should I change what God has planned for me. I am me and that's the only me there will be.

if they provide an OFF switch which I can use anytime, then maybe...

The website doesnt seem legit, but I am interested in this yes.

I'm somewhat on that side too but here's the email I got from them:

from rsci@repairstemcells.org
to xxxx@xxxx.com
date Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 6:18 AM
subject Repair Stem Cell Information you requested
Images from this sender are always displayed. Don't display from now on.

hide details 6:18 AM (1 hour ago)

RSCI Logo

Dear xxxxx,

Here is the personalized recommendation we promised you. We are excited about the new treatment protocols for patients with hearing disorders.

Thousands of patients have already been safely and effectively treated for over 100+ conditions and it’s very satisfying to see yet another condition that is showing promise – hearing loss. In fact, you may have recently read about the young pioneering woman in California (with her physician parents blessing) that was successfully treated with her own stem cells, and has regained major hearing function or the gentleman in Texas who had significant hearing improvement.

Because the therapy for hearing loss is new, the treating centers we recommend are extremely selective as to whom they will accept, and we anticipate they’ll be accepting less than 50% of all patients who apply.

The Repair Stem Cell Institute’s recommendation is an important consideration because of the approximately 500 stem cell treatment centers in the world, we have selected, documented, and now recommend only 9 centers. The Institute’s exclusive selection process and Standards are based on years of research and experience, and thousands of individuals look to the Institute’s advice to help in their stem cell treatment decisions.

The principle of stem cell treatment is rather simple. It is based on utilizing the natural ability of our own body to repair itself.

We’re here to help you through the entire process, to answer your questions, and to ensure you get Priority Service with the treating center. There is no fee or obligation for our service, so you have nothing to lose by requesting our assistance.

Important Facts for you to Consider

For individuals whose hearing loss is due to damage to the cochlea and cochlear nerve fibers, treatment involving Repair Stem Cells may result in at least partial tissue regeneration. This is suggested by many years of animal experiments, and the responses of a handful of hearing impaired people.

There are two treatment centers that the Institute recommends that are treating patients now for this new treatment on a limited basis. You’ll find additional information about your treatment options below.

Here’s a summary of the treatment choices you will find below:

Choice #1 is for pioneering patients, who are willing to be one of the first patients treated for hearing loss by this exemplary center. As a reward for leading the way for others, this Center’s fees will be reduced by 50% for the first patients. If more than half of the patients experience significant positive results, the Center will then offer the treatment more broadly.

Choice #2 is another Institute-recommended center. This Center has already treated two patients.

Choice #3 is waiting for the either the Center in #1 or #2 having more results, and our contacting you further at that time.

Choice #4 is waiting for Food and Drug Administration approved treatments. We estimate that this will be at least 10 to 15 years away.

Here are the Institute’s Recommendations:

Choice #1

Details

This physician/researcher has done pioneering work and has been working with umbilical cord stem cells since 2003, and since 2006 with bone marrow and fat-derived stem and precursor (or progenitor) cells.

The hearing disorder treatment is a new technology, advancing the successes of stem-cell-for-hearing protocols at two other treatment centers. The main benefits of this center for treating hearing disorders are the efficiencies both in stem cell cultivating and implant protocol which reduces the cost by more than 50% over the other treatment centers.

This procedure is done by a highly accomplished and experienced ENT doctor who has a wealth of experience doing various successful surgeries and implants in the inner ear.

Cost US$

18,000. Initial patients who are treated in January or February 2010 will be only 9,000.

Cost includes

All needed ground transportation and two hotel nights.

Number of Days

2 days.

Type of Cells

Autologous (from the patient) bone marrow stem cells. A mixture of pure CD34+ /AC133 cord blood stem cells neurogenic progenitor cells, plus bone marrow derived stem cells primed to become hair cells and such.

Latin America, near California.

Choice #2

Details

This center’s hearing disorder treatment is new, and so far they have treated two patients.

The center has successfully treated thousands of patients with other conditions. They are especially experienced with children and teens and specialize in neurological diseases. They have five hospitals-with suites-for international patients and their companion(s).

Cost US$

Cost includes

Hospital suite with companion(s), so no hotel is needed, just food and incidentals. Ground Transportation to and from airport.

Number of Days

30 days in hospital suite

Type of Cells

Umbilical cord stem cells

Asia

Choice #3

Details

Institute-recommended treatment center with treatment results available approximately late-spring of 2010.

Choice #4

Details

Wait for FDA approved treatments – realistically a minimum of 10-15 years from now.

While you have taken an important first step, for those ready to investigate treatment now, there is an important Questionnaire below. This is the next step that we highly recommend for those seeking treatment. There is no cost or obligation for this service.

Do NOT attach medical records to your response. The treatment center will advise you of the medical information they need to further evaluate your candidacy for treatment, and answer any questions you may have regarding their center.

Remember, we’re here to help you through the entire process, and to be sure you receive Priority Service from the treating center.

Now, click on REPLY, answer all of the below questions, and hit SEND.

YES, I’m ready to investigate stem cell treatment further to evaluate how stem cells can improve my life. Here’s my completed questionnaire.

I’m ready for treatment now, want to lead the way, and save 50%. I Select Choice # 1. ____________

I’m ready for treatment now, and want to lead the way. I Select Choice # 2. ____________

I want to wait until June, 2010. I Select Choice #3 ____________

I want to wait 10 to 15 years. I Select Choice #4 ___________

Please send me information on financial assistance (only for those patients who do not have the funds for treatment). Yes/No_________

I have already applied to the following centers for stem cell treatment (Name/Date). If none, please state “None.”: ________________________________________________________________________

Please be sure to answer all questions above as incomplete answers will delay your application.

I look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,

Suzenne, RSCI Coordinator
Repair Stem Cell Institute LLC

Repair Stem Cells | Stem Cell Treatment | Stem Cell News | Repair Stem Cells.org
The Voice of Stem Cell Science

All information is intended to be educational and for your general knowledge, is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for specific medical conditions, and should not be relied on when making significant decisions. You should seek prompt medical care for any specific health issues. Fees shown above are current estimates, and subject to change without notice. Use the information you receive as a starting point in your search for the physician who best meets your needs.

question is, Did they base on their research on embryonic stem cell (but later move to adult)? If so, no.

It's like this, A research started using animals as their experiment, then later use human. Then they claim they don't use animals but the reality is that they started their research with animals. It is just as bad.

If they didn't base their research on human embryonic, then I'll consider it. But more likely, I won't do it.

No, I am just happy to be me just like KristinaB. I just want to be natural, no CI or stemcell. :roll:

I actually think that stem cell treatment will only be useful for hearing loss caused by autoimmune disorders.

BUT WAIT!!!! If you act now, we'll throw in a set of Ginsu knives absolutely free!

question is, Did they base on their research on embryonic stem cell (but later move to adult)? If so, no.

It's like this, A research started using animals as their experiment, then later use human. Then they claim they don't use animals but the reality is that they started their research with animals. It is just as bad.

If they didn't base their research on human embryonic, then I'll consider it. But more likely, I won't do it.

No. They didn't base their research on embryonic stem cells which is a relatively new field of study. They based their research on the fact that birds have the ability to self-regenerate new ear hair cells if it becomes damaged. Scientists realized this about 12 years ago or so and began investigating as to why this is the case and why mammals are unable to do this.

In this research they use adult stem cells, your *own* adult stem cells and not embryonic or stem cells donated from other people

BUT WAIT!!!! If you act now, we'll throw in a set of Ginsu knives absolutely free!

And that's not all! If you call within the next 15 minutes, we'll send you a second set of stem cells for spare parts! All for the low, low price of 29.99!

No. They didn't base their research on embryonic stem cells which is a relatively new field of study. They based their research on the fact that birds have the ability to self-regenerate new ear hair cells if it becomes damaged. Scientists realized this about 12 years ago or so and began investigating as to why this is the case and why mammals are unable to do this.

In this research they use adult stem cells, your *own* adult stem cells and not embryonic or stem cells donated from other people

All stem cell research prior to the last couple of years has been done using embryonic stem cells. Science only discovered how to revert an adult cell back to a non-specialized stem cell in the last 2 years. Non-specialized stem cells exist only at the embryonic stage.:roll:

There are a lot of questions here. I will answer them if I can:
1. The site is legit. The founder of RSCI was also the founder of the first stem cell treatment center in the world in 2004 so he's been at this for awhile. No scam, no cons...actually...no money. The service they provide (Patient Advocacy) is free. Nothing to lose. After you get the treatment info, then you can decide to go or not. No obligation, etc.
2. Here's the latest newsletter which covers the story of Chloe Sohl. She did improve her hearing capabilities and she did have autoimmune disease but different places treat different conditions from different causes...
3. RSCI offers multiple treatment centers because each treatment center uses different protocols and treats different conditions and is located in different places and has a different price tag. Point is, although all of the treatment centers have met the standards of RSCI, every treatment center is not necessarily for every person so you should go to the one that is the best for your situation. Choices are good...
4. If you fill out the form that "deafness88" posted at the top, they will direct you to the best treatment center for you or give you a choice of the options that work for you. Again, THERE IS NO CHARGE FOR THE INFO! RSCI is a public service institute.
5. Sallylou - I know you were joking but it's half price because that particular center has a good history and good success with treatments but they are branching out into a relatively new treatment (hearing disorders) so they wanted to discount the treatment. Anyway, they are out of knives this month but I can get you a nice new toaster if you want ;)
6. Here is the basis of treatment - STEM CELLS AND HEARING LOSS - A BRIEF HISTORY - the studies come from animals first and then humans and only from adult or repair stem cells, never embryonic. Embryonic have too many problems associated with them.
7. Treatment is a personal choice and you should only get it if you feel you want to or need to. Chloe Sohl was and still is a music major in college so she definitely did not want to lose her hearing but I know many people who are perfectly happy with who they are even if the limited perspective of society consider them to be candidates for drugs or treatments. Some of my writer friends are over the top OCD and/or ADHD and they can't even function professionally or personally when they are on the meds their doctors "urge" them to be on. SO, if it ain't for you, it ain't for you and don't let anyone tell you any different. ;)
8. Jillio - Adult stem cell research has been going on for decades. You are talking about iSPC or induced pluripotent stem cells where they convert skin cells (recently from foreskins if you can believe it) into embryonic-LIKE stem cells. They are embryonic-LIKE because they can become any of the ~320 cell sin the body (pluripotent). There are now 3 adult stem cell types that are pluripotent so the cache of embryonic no longer matters. Adult stem cells have been used in bone marrow transplants for after chemo for 40 years, researched for over a decade for treatments and actually used in commercial treatments since 2004. You can Go to clinicaltrials.gov, plug in "adult stem cell" and you will see 2,716 clinical trials, many of them active and over 1,000 completed, active, recruiting or about to start. Over the past eight years, the number of US and international adult stem cell clinical trials together amounts to over 1,500 RSC clinical trials completed.
9. I know this stuff because I do freelance writing for them...ok, so while I guess that does make me somewhat partial, it also gives you a resource for info at your disposal, so please ask away if you have any questions.

Last edited:
There are a lot of questions here. I will answer them if I can:
1. The site is legit. The founder of RSCI was also the founder of the first stem cell treatment center in the world in 2004 so he's been at this for awhile. No scam, no cons...actually...no money. The service they provide (Patient Advocacy) is free. Nothing to lose. After you get the treatment info, then you can decide to go or not. No obligation, etc.
2. Here's the latest newsletter which covers the story of Chloe Sohl. She did improve her hearing capabilities and she did have autoimmune disease but different places treat different conditions from different causes...
3. RSCI offers multiple treatment centers because each treatment center uses different protocols and treats different conditions and is located in different places and has a different price tag. Point is, although all of the treatment centers have met the standards of RSCI, every treatment center is not necessarily for every person so you should go to the one that is the best for your situation. Choices are good...
4. If you fill out the form that "deafness88" posted at the top, they will direct you to the best treatment center for you or give you a choice of the options that work for you. Again, THERE IS NO CHARGE FOR THE INFO! RSCI is a public service institute.
5. Sallylou - I know you were joking but it's half price because that particular center has a good history and good success with treatments but they are branching out into a relatively new treatment (hearing disorders) so they wanted to discount the treatment. Anyway, they are out of knives this month but I can get you a nice new toaster if you want ;)
6. Here is the basis of treatment - STEM CELLS AND HEARING LOSS - A BRIEF HISTORY - the studies come from animals first and then humans and only from adult or repair stem cells, never embryonic. Embryonic have too many problems associated with them.
7. Treatment is a personal choice and you should only get it if you feel you want to or need to. Chloe Sohl was and still is a music major in college so she definitely did not want to lose her hearing but I know many people who are perfectly happy with who they are even if the limited perspective of society consider them to be candidates for drugs or treatments. Some of my writer friends are over the top OCD and/or ADHD and they can't even function professionally or personally when they are on the meds their doctors "urge" them to be on. SO, if it ain't for you, it ain't for you and don't let anyone tell you any different. ;)
8. Jillio - Adult stem cell research has been going on for decades. You are talking about iSPC or induced pluripotent stem cells where they convert skin cells (recently from foreskins if you can believe it) into embryonic-LIKE stem cells. They are embryonic-LIKE because they can become any of the ~320 cell sin the body (pluripotent). There are now 3 adult stem cell types that are pluripotent so the cache of embryonic no longer matters. Adult stem cells have been used in bone marrow transplants for after chemo for 40 years, researched for over a decade for treatments and actually used in commercial treatments since 2004. You can Go to clinicaltrials.gov, plug in "adult stem cell" and you will see 2,716 clinical trials, many of them active and over 1,000 completed, active, recruiting or about to start. Over the past eight years, the number of US and international adult stem cell clinical trials together amounts to over 1,500 RSC clinical trials completed.
9. I know this stuff because I do freelance writing for them...ok, so while I guess that does make me somewhat partial, it also gives you a resource for info at your disposal, so please ask away if you have any questions.

Duh! That's what was meant by the phrase "non-specialized stem cells." The only stem cell that is not specialized is at the embryonic stage. They have not been successful in regression of adult stem cells to the non-specialized form making it possible for them to be used in various parts of the body.

If they have been so successful, why is it that they are not publishing results in any reputable, peer reviewed journal? Don't even try to make them sound noble. These people are not scientists...they are marketers.

Jillio-
1. In regard to your comment: "The only stem cell that is not specialized is at the embryonic stage." This is incorrect. "There are now 3 adult stem cell types that are pluripotent." Pluripotent is the same as undifferentiated or "non-specialized" as you put it. Since there are non-specialized adult stem cells, the path of regression is not required for treatment, only for research. Does that make sense? "Adult cells" do not need to be regressed because there are 3 of them that are non-specialized.

2. Most of these 20 - 30 articles showing the benefits of adult stem cells if not all ARE reputable, peer reviewed journal articles:
STEM CELLS AND HEARING LOSS - A BRIEF HISTORY

3. Most of these 2,090 articles ARE also from reputable, peer reviewed journal articles:
SCHOLARLY PAPERS CONTAINING ADULT "STEM CELLS" AND "HEARING LOSS" WITHOUT THE WORD "EMBRYONIC"

4. A random sampling of reputable, peer reviewed sources...
American Journal of Pathology
Gonda Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, House Ear Institute,
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center - Center for Basic Neuroscience
University of Southern California Medical School - Department of Cell and Neurobiology
NeuroReport:Auditory and Vestibular Systems
Cell Transplantation
Otolaryngology & Head and Neck Surgery
University of Washington in Seattle
Virginia Merrill Bloedel Hearing Research Center
Medical University of South Carolina/Children’s Hospital Boston
"Departments of Otolaryngology and Neurosurgery, Graduate Program in Neuroscience, Stem Cell Institute, and Bioengineering, University of Minnesota"
ENT Depertment, Hippokrateion General Hospital of Athens, Greece
Otology & Neurotology
Cell Transplantation

5. I just found a few more articles on "Hair Cell Regeneration" but I apologize, I don't have time to go through them today:
Baird, R. A., Steyger, P. S., & Schuff, N. R. (1996) Mitotic and nonmitotic hair cell regeneration in the bullfrog vestibular otolith organs. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, 781, 59–70.

Bermingham, N. B., Hassan, B. A., Price, S. D., Vollrath, M. A., & Ben-Arie, N. et al. (1999). Math1: An essential gene for the generation of inner ear hair cells. Science, 284, 1837–1841.

Breuskin, I., Bodson, M., Thelen, N., Thiry, M., Nguyen, L., & Belachew, et al. (2008). Strategies to regenerate hair cells: Identification of progenitors and critical genes. Hearing Research, 236(1-2), 1–10.

Bryant, J., Goodyear, R., & Richardson, G. P. (2002). Sensory organ development in the inner ear: molecular and cellular mechanisms. British Medical Bulletin, 63, 39–57.

Coleman, B., de Silva, M. &Shepherd, R. K. (2007). Concise review: the potential of stem cells for auditory neuron generation and replacement. Stem Cells, 25(11), 2685–94.

Corwin, J. T. & Cotanche, D. A. (1988). Regeneration of sensory hair cells after acoustic trauma. Science, 240(4860), 1772–1774.

Izumikawa, J., Minoda, R., Kawamoto, K., Abrashkin, K. A., Swiderski, D. L., & Dolan, D. F. (2005). Auditory hair cell replacement and hearing improvement by Atoh1 gene therapy in deaf mammals. Natural Medicine, 11(3), 271–76.

Kawamoto, K., Ishimoto, S., Minoda, R., Brough, D. E., & Raphael, Y. (2003). Math1 gene transfer generates new cochlear hair cells in mature guinea pigs in vivo. Journal of Neuroscience, 23(11), 4395–4400.

Kelley, M. W. (2002). Determination and commiment of mechanosensory hair cells. The Scientific World Journal, 2, 1079–1094.

Li, H., & Heller, S. (2003). Pluripotent stem cells from the adult mouse inner ear. Natural Medicine, 9(10), 1293–9.

Ryals, B. M. & Rubel, E. W. (1988). Hair cell regeneration after acoustic trauma in adult cotumix quail. Science, 40, 1774-76.

Staecker, H., Praetorius, M., Kim, B., & Douglas, D. E. (2007). Vestibular hair cell regeneration and restoration of balance function induced by math1 gene transfer. Otology & Neurotology, 28(2), 223–31.

Stone, J., & Cotanche, D. (2007). Hair cell regeneration in the avian auditory epithelium. International Journal of Developmental Biology, 51, 633–647.

Zine, A., & de Ribaupierre, F. (2002). Notch/Notch ligands and Math1 expression patterns in the organ of Corti of wild-type and Hes1 and Hes5 mutant mice. Hearing Research, 170(1-2), 22–31.

6. These people who wrote the articles are scientists.

7. These people who make up the Science Advisory Board are also scientists.

RSCI Deputy Chairman, Shimon Slavin, MD
Professor of Medicine/Medical & Scientific Director
International Center for Cell Therapy & Cancer Immunotherapy(CTCI)

Dr. Zannos G. Grekos, MD, FAAC
Director of Cardiology & Vascular Disease, Regenocyte Therapeutic
Assistant Clinical Professor, Nova Southeastern University

Dr. Kitipan V. Arom
Associate Professor of Surgery
MD, PhD, FACS, FACC, FACCP, FR

If you need help finding anything specific, just give me a shout - dsgrano@gmail.com

Please refrain from disrespectful comments like "duh!" I don't know you, yet I'll always treat you with respect. I'd ask the same of you. It also downgrades the level of communication from open exchange of ideas to one-up-man-ship and bashing. Thanks.

Jillio-
1. In regard to your comment: "The only stem cell that is not specialized is at the embryonic stage." This is incorrect. "There are now 3 adult stem cell types that are pluripotent." Pluripotent is the same as undifferentiated or "non-specialized" as you put it. Since there are non-specialized adult stem cells, the path of regression is not required for treatment, only for research. Does that make sense? "Adult cells" do not need to be regressed because there are 3 of them that are non-specialized.

2. Most of these 20 - 30 articles showing the benefits of adult stem cells if not all ARE reputable, peer reviewed journal articles:
STEM CELLS AND HEARING LOSS - A BRIEF HISTORY

3. Most of these 2,090 articles ARE also from reputable, peer reviewed journal articles:
SCHOLARLY PAPERS CONTAINING ADULT "STEM CELLS" AND "HEARING LOSS" WITHOUT THE WORD "EMBRYONIC"

4. A random sampling of reputable, peer reviewed sources...
American Journal of Pathology
Gonda Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, House Ear Institute,
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center - Center for Basic Neuroscience
University of Southern California Medical School - Department of Cell and Neurobiology
NeuroReport:Auditory and Vestibular Systems
Cell Transplantation
Otolaryngology & Head and Neck Surgery
University of Washington in Seattle
Virginia Merrill Bloedel Hearing Research Center
Medical University of South Carolina/Children’s Hospital Boston
"Departments of Otolaryngology and Neurosurgery, Graduate Program in Neuroscience, Stem Cell Institute, and Bioengineering, University of Minnesota"
ENT Depertment, Hippokrateion General Hospital of Athens, Greece
Otology & Neurotology
Cell Transplantation

5. I just found a few more articles on "Hair Cell Regeneration" but I apologize, I don't have time to go through them today:
Baird, R. A., Steyger, P. S., & Schuff, N. R. (1996) Mitotic and nonmitotic hair cell regeneration in the bullfrog vestibular otolith organs. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, 781, 59–70.

Bermingham, N. B., Hassan, B. A., Price, S. D., Vollrath, M. A., & Ben-Arie, N. et al. (1999). Math1: An essential gene for the generation of inner ear hair cells. Science, 284, 1837–1841.

Breuskin, I., Bodson, M., Thelen, N., Thiry, M., Nguyen, L., & Belachew, et al. (2008). Strategies to regenerate hair cells: Identification of progenitors and critical genes. Hearing Research, 236(1-2), 1–10.

Bryant, J., Goodyear, R., & Richardson, G. P. (2002). Sensory organ development in the inner ear: molecular and cellular mechanisms. British Medical Bulletin, 63, 39–57.

Coleman, B., de Silva, M. &Shepherd, R. K. (2007). Concise review: the potential of stem cells for auditory neuron generation and replacement. Stem Cells, 25(11), 2685–94.

Corwin, J. T. & Cotanche, D. A. (1988). Regeneration of sensory hair cells after acoustic trauma. Science, 240(4860), 1772–1774.

Izumikawa, J., Minoda, R., Kawamoto, K., Abrashkin, K. A., Swiderski, D. L., & Dolan, D. F. (2005). Auditory hair cell replacement and hearing improvement by Atoh1 gene therapy in deaf mammals. Natural Medicine, 11(3), 271–76.

Kawamoto, K., Ishimoto, S., Minoda, R., Brough, D. E., & Raphael, Y. (2003). Math1 gene transfer generates new cochlear hair cells in mature guinea pigs in vivo. Journal of Neuroscience, 23(11), 4395–4400.

Kelley, M. W. (2002). Determination and commiment of mechanosensory hair cells. The Scientific World Journal, 2, 1079–1094.

Li, H., & Heller, S. (2003). Pluripotent stem cells from the adult mouse inner ear. Natural Medicine, 9(10), 1293–9.

Ryals, B. M. & Rubel, E. W. (1988). Hair cell regeneration after acoustic trauma in adult cotumix quail. Science, 40, 1774-76.

Staecker, H., Praetorius, M., Kim, B., & Douglas, D. E. (2007). Vestibular hair cell regeneration and restoration of balance function induced by math1 gene transfer. Otology & Neurotology, 28(2), 223–31.

Stone, J., & Cotanche, D. (2007). Hair cell regeneration in the avian auditory epithelium. International Journal of Developmental Biology, 51, 633–647.

Zine, A., & de Ribaupierre, F. (2002). Notch/Notch ligands and Math1 expression patterns in the organ of Corti of wild-type and Hes1 and Hes5 mutant mice. Hearing Research, 170(1-2), 22–31.

6. These people who wrote the articles are scientists.

7. These people who make up the Science Advisory Board are also scientists.

RSCI Deputy Chairman, Shimon Slavin, MD
Professor of Medicine/Medical & Scientific Director
International Center for Cell Therapy & Cancer Immunotherapy(CTCI)

Dr. Zannos G. Grekos, MD, FAAC
Director of Cardiology & Vascular Disease, Regenocyte Therapeutic
Assistant Clinical Professor, Nova Southeastern University

Dr. Kitipan V. Arom
Associate Professor of Surgery
MD, PhD, FACS, FACC, FACCP, FR

If you need help finding anything specific, just give me a shout - dsgrano@gmail.com

Please refrain from disrespectful comments like "duh!" I don't know you, yet I'll always treat you with respect. I'd ask the same of you. It also downgrades the level of communication from open exchange of ideas to one-up-man-ship and bashing. Thanks.

Very nice. A very informed than most people have put out. Lots of good leads to follow up and read. Thanks!

more information:
“This kind of treatment is very expensive because stem cell are isolated from your own body and expanded in state of the art GMP facility. More over you have to travel to another country to receive stem cell injection because stem cell injection is not allowed in your country yet. The procedure that Chloe experienced is to receive 600 million cells in three separate iv injections. It took 2 weeks for her to finish the procedure. The place for stem cell injection was Kyoto, Japan where we have a contracted clinic and are establishing our own clinic. To reduce your travel cost, you can also visit our Chinese location at Yanji, China. All travel cost is extra. The stem cell cost only may be over $20,000. I am sorry if you expect a promising procedure at affordable price. Thank you for your time”.
source: RNID.org.uk: Community: Forums: Tinnitus forum: How far are we away from a positive treatment. Neuro09's Blog
or
RNID.org.uk: Community: Forums: Tinnitus forum: How far are we away from a positive treatment.

The irony of this is that California sees a much bigger opportunity with adult stem cells or nonembryonic stem cells (which could mean cord blood stem cells as well).

LOS ANGELES — In a tacit acknowledgment that the promise of human embryonic stem cells is still far in the future, California’s stem cell research program on Wednesday awarded grants intended to develop therapies using mainly other, less controversial cells.

The $230 million in grants awarded Wednesday to California universities and companies represent a big step toward moving stem cells from basic research toward application in treating diseases like cancer and AIDS. Grant recipients are supposed to have a therapy ready for initial human testing in four years.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/29/health/research/29stem.html

I'm sure that by seeing other countries pass the United States by in the race for treating or even curing certain ailments or conditions using adult stem cells are enough to give them pause and think about the missed opportunities here. Hence, the $230 million dollars in grants for nonembryonic stem cells research. Glad at least one major state recognizes which research opportunities hold a greater potential for successes.

Back