Adult CIs in Ontario

hey guys.... i haven't posted on alldeaf in years... but this thread came up while I was trying to research what the deal was with getting bilaterals here in Ontario.

I used to live in Ottawa, but moved away in 1998, going west to North Bay (350 kms of Ottawa) and it's 300 kms north of Toronto. I visited Ottawa just last month for a buddy's wedding, do I ever miss living there.

I was implanted a year ago with HisRes 90k and got the Harmony processor just last year at Sunnybrook. My one year mapping is coming up in 2 weeks.... When I was there in March for my 6 month mapping, I was told they were going to hit 1,000 this year for sure. that was even with the recall undeway.

I attended that meeting in Sunnbrook for implantees about 3 year ago (before I wasi mplanted) to talk to people and see how they made out with their brand choice and helped me decide on AB... I do wish there was more meetings, more often.. I never run into any other CI wearers here, only those who want to know what it is, and who think they could qualify for one.

Yeah, I'd like to consider going bilateral. I'm going to ask this when I'm back in 2 weeks, and get the real scoop. I perform extremely well with my CI. Scoring 100% in the booth after 2 months, and on the phone after 4 weeks.... My argument being I can only do better if I was bilateral... right?

I'd love to hear more from you Ottawa (and or Toronto) peeps, I'm 38, male and always interested in a new friend, especially one I could actually meet in person.

I've seen a few people in ottawa with bilaterals some children but I saw someone who looked like they were in their 20s with bilaterals so I think they are doing them more but probably selectively ..I know of someone who got her daughters implanted here but then went to the states and paid out of pocket for them to get bilaterals because her province wouldn't do them period

Back