Adobe demos Flash-to-HTML5 conversion tool

The Highlander

Reaction score
John Nack on Adobe : Adobe demos Flash-to-HTML5 conversion tool

Adobe demos Flash-to-HTML5 conversion tool
Where there’s pain, there’s opportunity.

Pre-Adobe, I made my living building rich, Flash-intensive sites for Gucci, Coca-Cola, Nike, and other big brands. Doing that job today, I’d be in a jam: How could I create rich experiences that run on desktops (where Flash is the obvious, consistent (cross-browser/-platform) choice) and on iOS devices where Flash isn’t allowed? I’d have to create two versions of a everything–one Flash, and one HTML5*. Good luck getting clients to double their budgets, though, and yet they don’t want richness cut in half.

So, the opportunity: Cut the cost of targeting multiple runtimes & we’ll deliver real wins: more richness for clients, and a competitive advantage for customers.

Check out what engineer Rik Cabanier showed (just a tech demo, no promises, etc.) during MAX sneak peeks Tuesday night:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryZP00_KhYE&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - [at MAX 2010] Sneak Peeks - Export fla file to html file.[/ame]

Nice, it is much quick and less design's headache for change from flash to HTML5.

Back