Adjustable Light Bulb?

Probably not. It will most likely be too expensive.

I remember in 1984 where a 10 megabyte hard drive cost thousands of dollars. Now here with 10 gigabit USB flash card that is available and can hold a thousands times more than of 10 MB hard drive. How much that USB cost as of this moment?

Enough proof?

Are you sure about that? How much is "cheap?"

Great idea when I am 100 miles away from home and I start to use my iphone to turn light on at living room so my cat won't feel lonely at home in dark, and burglaries will think someone is home. :lol: It worked that way.

I remember in 1984 where a 10 megabyte hard drive cost thousands of dollars. Now here with 10 gigabit USB flash card that is available and can hold a thousands times more than of 10 MB hard drive. How much that USB cost as of this moment?

Enough proof?
But this is a lightbulb. Do you think enough people will feel the need to buy them to make a large enough market? Will they put them in every light? :dunno: Also, if they last 25 years, won't that slow down the market for them? I mean, people won't need to buy many replacements.

Enough proof?

this LIFX is not a necessity.... therefore it won't ever get cheaper. it's a luxury (speciality) item. the cost of LIFX is not dependent on cost of technology and manufacturing.

that's why deaf products are still costly and will continue to stay costly.

What happens if your router goes down? Do your lights quit working? What if you don't have iPhone or Android? Is there a range limit for the WiFi to the bulb?

I don't like the colored lighting but I guess they would work without it.

I just don't have a need for it.

Sure, it can be expensive but once in mass production it will be cheap.

no it won't. if a product lasts 25 years, it will be expensive. how else will that company survives for several years if many customers are not buying any more LIFX because it lasts 25 years?

that's why energy-saving lightbulb costs more than old-fashioned lightbulb.

What happens if your router goes down? Do your lights quit working? What if you don't have iPhone or Android? Is there a range limit for the WiFi to the bulb?

this will suffice for me :)

31132lantern.jpg

whether you like it or not, we all WILL change at one point or other.
Technology has evolved so much since industry revolution had began.

whether you like it or not, we all WILL change at one point or other.
Technology has evolved so much since industry revolution had began.

but... many households would not get color-changing bulbs...

we've had color-changing LEDs for quite a while now.... and nobody gets it except college students or "pimp my ride" guys :lol:

40 years ago when we enter computer age, almost every average Americans were terrified and do not trust computers, mentions what if scenarios. Now, we depend on them from everyday, like bill payment, check balance, whatsover, the paper check is actually a thing in the past right now. We were slowly evolved to electronic payment system without even needing a paper. There are much more other technology changes that we went though, if it happened in the past and it will happen in future.

40 years ago when we enter computer age, almost every average Americans were terrified and do not trust computers, mentions what if scenarios.
Maybe but that's not how I ever felt. I got every computer that I could afford, as soon as possible. I embrace technology but I also balance it with practical need and affordability. I'm not afraid of it; I just have to be careful how I spend my money.

Now, we depend on them from everyday, like bill payment, check balance, whatsover, the paper check is actually a thing in the past right now. We were slowly evolved to electronic payment system without even needing a paper.
I use electronic transactions and paper checks (mostly at church).

There are much more other technology changes that we went though, if it happened in the past and it will happen in future.
Hey, I know it! :lol:

For my own purposes, I update my technology for what I need and can afford. I don't get new stuff just to say that I got new stuff. :)

If other people want to invest in the latest toys, more power to them! :lol:

40 years ago when we enter computer age, almost every average Americans were terrified and do not trust computers, mentions what if scenarios. Now, we depend on them from everyday, like bill payment, check balance, whatsover, the paper check is actually a thing in the past right now. We were slowly evolved to electronic payment system without even needing a paper. There are much more other technology changes that we went though, if it happened in the past and it will happen in future.

but you're talking about "necessity".

color-changing lightbulb is not a necessity.

I know, point is, that this is LED, and the LED bulbs itself is so cheap. The more they produce, they becomes cheaper. Remember there is no single light temperature out in the market for everyone. Like Cool white, warm white daylight, etc LED has them all, and can change with just programming and chipset. They WILL get cheaper. Think of as built in package, it will happen.
Also, Uncle sam is trying to phase out these good o'le light bulbs as energy efficient strategies.

but you're talking about "necessity".

color-changing lightbulb is not a necessity.

Right, but as soon as you endorse the check to church, and the church made deposit, do you know exact what happened after this deposit was made? They first photography them both sides, then keep the paper check and transmit the check electronically. Its called 21 century check system. No wonder why you don't get cancelled check anymore. Unless you gonna pay extra for copy of cancelled checks.
Whoever gets the papercheck first has authorization to process the check usually scans that checks and keep for 2 years before destroy them. That is if I am thinking right.

I use electronic transactions and paper checks (mostly at church).

Back