Activate

amazing, im happy for you Pinky, this is the beginning of a long new journey, but you're still a deaf person, afterall, your emotions are real as a d/Deaf person can be except you can access the world of the hearing with the help of this fascinating technology. Awesome, you must write more about your experiences Im deaf using HA, and so your account here in this thread is truely like reading about another country.

Thank you! :) I have my own blog website. I will send you PM with my blog website because I don't trust other AD members who against CI. You know I mean.

:lol: Wow quite interesting. Don't you get any headaches when you hear sounds that are so loud and high?

Never did. Whenever sounds were very loud I just winced and took it in. I knew it was a part of the process.

Nowadays, I don't really find any sound too loud. Case in point, about a 1 1/2 years ago I had the privilege of being on an aircraft carrier going out to sea for the day. While out at sea, they put on a little airshow with two jets (F-18s I believe). We folks were fairly close to the jets and the noise they produce is about as loud as anything one will hear. Didn't faze me at all and in fact I really enjoyed it. Only bad thing is that kind of noise uses up the batteries fast! I normally get about three days worth. That day I just got maybe over a day. Well worth it...priceless!

:lol: Wow quite interesting. Don't you get any headaches when you hear sounds that are so loud and high?

Cheri, I use to get headaches from hearing aids, but not with CIs. Even the loud sounds are not painful. They are just loud. It is completely different feeling for sound now. A complete enjoyment of sound!!!

Pinky, congrats for your successful activate CI. You got a big new journey ahead of you. :)

I am ready for hook it on my ear tomorrow!!! I am so excited to see what is my device with box alike.

Can you tell me about your experience with Activate what is your first sound like music and noise and tv?? :D

Well, I remember my day of new sounds :)

I was going to Columbus,OH at the Children's hospital. And my hearing aid audiologist came along to watch me get activated. He was also kind of works with cochlear implants. But not really. When my family and I and my audiologist got to the hospital for my activation, I was really excited but nervous. When we finally got called in to the CI audiologist, thats when I realized that my whole world would be upside down. I had my hearing aid on at the time too. My left ear is completely deaf but my right ear is HOH. My CI audiologist was also introduced to some new CI programing on the computers, and she was learning to use the programs, But She is a good CI audiologist too. When she turned me on for the first time, she had me turn off my Hearing aid and take it out. I can hear people talking from my implant for the first time and I started to smile. I looked around and experienced some noises like knocking on the table, hearing people walking across the hallways, and I saw my mom crying tears of joy. My dad was also crying at the time too. I felt happy. After 10 minutes of fixing my mapping on the computer I went into the sound-booth, and my CI audiologist noticed that I have improved alot with my New CI at the time than my Hearing aid.

After getting activated I was suppose to be at school that day but my parents decided to take me out for lunch to celebrate at Johnny's rockets in Columbus. It was my favorite restraunt while growing up. My HA audiologist gave me 20 dollars. I don't know why but He did. My HA audiologist name is Tom. I have been his client for 13 years. And i've been his favorite patient and sees me as his granddaughter. My cochlear implant audiologist name is Cindy.

I'm still hearing new sounds everyday. With the latest cochlear implant technology. But with what I have now: the Nucleus Freedom, I hear brand new sounds everyday. I used to have the CI with the wire connected with the box, and then I got upgraded to using the Nuclear 21 (or 48..?) and now I have a Nucleus Freedom.

Well, I remember my day of new sounds :)

I was going to Columbus,OH at the Children's hospital. And my hearing aid audiologist came along to watch me get activated. He was also kind of works with cochlear implants. But not really. When my family and I and my audiologist got to the hospital for my activation, I was really excited but nervous. When we finally got called in to the CI audiologist, thats when I realized that my whole world would be upside down. I had my hearing aid on at the time too. My left ear is completely deaf but my right ear is HOH. My CI audiologist was also introduced to some new CI programing on the computers, and she was learning to use the programs, But She is a good CI audiologist too. When she turned me on for the first time, she had me turn off my Hearing aid and take it out. I can hear people talking from my implant for the first time and I started to smile. I looked around and experienced some noises like knocking on the table, hearing people walking across the hallways, and I saw my mom crying tears of joy. My dad was also crying at the time too. I felt happy. After 10 minutes of fixing my mapping on the computer I went into the sound-booth, and my CI audiologist noticed that I have improved alot with my New CI at the time than my Hearing aid.

After getting activated I was suppose to be at school that day but my parents decided to take me out for lunch to celebrate at Johnny's rockets in Columbus. It was my favorite restraunt while growing up. My HA audiologist gave me 20 dollars. I don't know why but He did. My HA audiologist name is Tom. I have been his client for 13 years. And i've been his favorite patient and sees me as his granddaughter. My cochlear implant audiologist name is Cindy.

I'm still hearing new sounds everyday. With the latest cochlear implant technology. But with what I have now: the Nucleus Freedom, I hear brand new sounds everyday. I used to have the CI with the wire connected with the box, and then I got upgraded to using the Nuclear 21 (or 48..?) and now I have a Nucleus Freedom.

That's amazing story! I love my CI audiologist! She is very friendly! I am using N24 not N22. I took my hearing aid off my right ear. Because it make my right brain headache. My CI on my left ear. The left brain side isn't headache. It was opposite! I need to get use with CI more than HA. I want to get second CI next year. I am plan to get pregnancy soon. :D

I loveee your new CI color and read your blog thats amazing!

Thank you! I am proud of myself with CI over HA! Hehe I am definitely you will get same color as mine if you have hearing loss worse.

Pinky, please PM me and send me your blog link. I'm scheduled to have a cochlear implant next Monday and would love to read your blog.

Thanks!

Pinky, please PM me and send me your blog link. I'm scheduled to have a cochlear implant next Monday and would love to read your blog.

Thanks!

Good luck with your CI! I can't send you private message because your post is 10. You have to get more post up to 50 to 100 and open the PM.

Yes! It was overwhelme at first! Can you hear the music on bond print?? Are you hoh or deaf? Thank you! :)

I am HOH. I learned the song by googling the lyrics and listen to it at the same time as I read the lyrics.
That way I know what is being sung.

I am back!!!! Finally! I was so busy last night. I didn't have time to post on my blog anyway,

I went to ENT for activate appointment. I was so excited and anxious. At first thing my audiologist put sound processor on my left ear to see if the electrodes array is working. It’s working as well. I can feel the nerves in the left side of my brain. I signaled with my hand to show what I could hear and feel. Then audiologist turned on with soft sound. My eyes and head felt dizzy. I was startle and laughing. It means the implant is working. This is my first experience with sound. I didn’t cry when it’s loud. My audiologist started with sound soft and gradually increased the sound. I heard the audiologist’s voice, then my husband’s voice, my mom’s voice and my mother in the law’s voice. They were both crying. They all were so happy. I stayed at audiologist for 2 half hours. I left ENT and go outside. I heard it was windy with animation trees and too much noise. I can hear people’s chattering. This is my first experience’s sound. My husband’s car start engine and feel like vibrate. I was able to hear.

He turned IPOD on for me to listen. My first listen the music was “Building a mystery” (Acoustic) Sean McLachlin and second is “Hey There Delilah” Plain White T’s. Third is “A 1000 Miles (Acoustic) Vanessa Carlton. And the last was “What a Wonderful World” Louis Armstrong. That was interesting!
I am very happy for you Pinky. I had tears of joy for you reading your post. I wish you all the best.

Hey Pinky I think it's safe for you to link your blog address. And you moderate the comments on your blog. Your choice. HUGE HUGS... Wish I could meet you in person... You are awesome lady.

You're doing AMAZIN!! I love hearing about people's start of journey to hearing, it does please me to hear about their experiences :D:D
Keep posting and tell us how you're doing!!

Thank you, Lissa, Charlotte, Rock!!! I will try to show my blog website on my signature. I am anxious! Because I don't like deaf people with AGAINST CI! I am not welcome them to read it. They always misunderstand with CI. You know.

I am awesome lady! I would like to meet you in a person too!

Good luck with your CI! I can't send you private message because your post is 10. You have to get more post up to 50 to 100 and open the PM.
50 post is the time, that PM is enabled.

Sounds like you have been really happy so far! I'm happy for you! :)

Back